what did you do to your micra today ?

Well i became a K11 owner again yesterday when i picked up this K11C! I got it off one of my friends for the grand total of.... nothing :L So it might be free but there are a few reasons.
It's a cat C and has replacement passenger door and wing which don't quite match, both wheel bearings have gone on the back, exhaust is blowing in several places,clutch and accelerator cables are really stiff and need changing or oiling, the interior is an actual bio hazard and all of it needs to be ripped out and replaced, the front cross member is a bit bent and the one and only key is on the verge of snapping just by looking at it!
But it was still good fun to drive home, i forgot how much fun K11's were to drive after driving around in my Volvo estate.
(pictures do make it look better than it actually is)

Attachments

• IMAG1579.jpg
    IMAG1579.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 301
  • IMAG1580.jpg
    IMAG1580.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 274
WDIDT(and other days recently..)

Removed the front shocks and stripped them ready to get them rebuilt by Spax, one is leaking badly. Suspect it didn't enjoy the rough stuff on the Plains during the bath festival...

Drains both oils ready for them to be changed.

Looked at fitting the remote fuel filler flap as I thought the mech may be lighter than the lock, however turns out the locking ones are lighter. Removed the little bit that you can put your cap on whilst filling. All saving a bit of weight.

Fitted the new alternator, and lightened brackets.

Fitted new poly bushes to rear ARB (harder work than it should have been...)

Still plenty to do before our next event at the beginning of next month

Well i became a K11 owner again yesterday when i picked up this K11C! I got it off one of my friends for the grand total of.... nothing :L So it might be free but there are a few reasons.
It's a cat C and has replacement passenger door and wing which don't quite match, both wheel bearings have gone on the back, exhaust is blowing in several places,clutch and accelerator cables are really stiff and need changing or oiling, the interior is an actual bio hazard and all of it needs to be ripped out and replaced, the front cross member is a bit bent and the one and only key is on the verge of snapping just by looking at it!
But it was still good fun to drive home, i forgot how much fun K11's were to drive after driving around in my Volvo estate.
(pictures do make it look better than it actually is)

Rip the fuel injection stuff off it and put it on the k10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well had an eventful day with the new K11. I stripped the interior entirely and sent it all to the tip! It was way past saving. I'm convinced that the interior has not been cleaned for all of it's 16 year life. Even without the interior i've still gotta clean it! It's messy underneath the carpets!
All fitted nicely into the back of the Volvo, that car is huge haha

Attachments

• IMAG1605 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1605 (Large).jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 272
  • IMAG1608 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1608 (Large).jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 296
  • IMAG1610 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1610 (Large).jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 273
  • IMAG1615 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1615 (Large).jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 305
  • IMAG1620 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1620 (Large).jpg
    209 KB · Views: 279
Well had an eventful day with the new K11. I stripped the interior entirely and sent it all to the tip! It was way past saving. I'm convinced that the interior has not been cleaned for all of it's 16 year life. Even without the interior i've still gotta clean it! It's messy underneath the carpets!
That's nasty. My L reg wasn't that bad, and that thing was nasty and had a dead mouse in it!

Ewwwww.
Wish I'd taken photo's of my Super S - 3 black bags FULL of rubbish from the previous owner.... Students eh :rolleyes:

Woke up this morning to find a grinding, squeaking noise on my k11 when its warmed up sounds like its coming from around the water pump area does anyone know it the water pump will make a noise when its cold aswell or could it just be the belt itself?

Shes a
year 2000
1.0l coilpack
belt runs just powersteering and water pump.

Any helps much appreciated :)

Don't know if it's the right space to post this..but I came across this on fleabay and can't stop laughing!
Why is this so rare? :)

Attachments

• 1460388367780.jpg
    1460388367780.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 262
I've seen that LOL, they are getting tough to find, but really.....that's well over the top.
I've got four here to be used for patterns on a project I started a while back, maybe I'll be a millionaire yet....:D
I've seen one go for over £90 though.......bleddy bonkers.:eek:

Had a good rally this weekend, the Alan Healy Memorial Rally at Cadwell Park.
3rd in class (16 entrants) and 42nd overall out of 82 starters iirc.
Good day, lots of bodywork to fix though....
Stripped all the damaged bits off and bent back the damage to the subframe
IMAG2041.jpg

Added up my recent weight savings...

Weight saved (g)
Rocker cover 975
Helmet net 216
Alt mounts 97
Misc 23
Airbox mount 10
Steering wheel bolts 12
Total 1,333

Nice bit of weight saving, takes the total removed from the car now to 40.205 kgs, and this is what I have removed since the initial build where most easily lost weight is removed i.e. sound proofing etc..

Weight saved (g)
Rocker cover 975
Helmet net 216
Alt mounts 97
Misc 23
Airbox mount 10
Steering wheel bolts 12
Total 1,333

Nice bit of weight saving, takes the total removed from the car now to 40.205 kgs, and this is what I have removed since the initial build where most easily lost weight is removed i.e. sound proofing etc..

tesco2.jpg

How were they ?

I love them,transformed the way the car runs.I run the soft compound (maybe got a bit hot, mediums on the front for warm events I think?) all around atm.
Really grippy even when cold, and will get 3 maybe 4 events out of them - Got them for £300 for a set, so not too bad.
A bit wide, but apart from that no issues.

Weight saved (g)
Rocker cover 975
Helmet net 216
Alt mounts 97
Misc 23
Airbox mount 10
Steering wheel bolts 12
Total 1,333

What does it weigh overall now Matt?

I am planing to corner weight it (roughly) to get a figure early next month. So will post up then. Still won't be lightweight due to all the rally stuff in the car....

Fitted rear drop links, feels like a new car again crossmember arrived yesterday so hopefully that will be in at the weekend, getting as much done for the resto in July :)

Attachments

• 1460542443695.jpg
    1460542443695.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 266
I've done some quick pre MOT checks in preparation for tomorrow. I have cleaned the inside and wanted to wash the outside but the weather looked dodgy so I just gave it a once over with Demon Shine seeing as it wasn't too dirty.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I suspect 800+. I only really want the numbers to find out where best to fit the Saxo PAS pump and to know the figure, and how close or not I am to the weight limit (700kgs).

Started working on the cold air turbo feed.

Coolant expansion bottle relocated and 100mm ducting run out through the side panel into the passenger side arch. No more random under-bonnet air for my turbo ;)

Once that's finished, the car's being booked in for a full alignment and geometry setup to work on improving stability.

Coolant expansion bottle relocated and 100mm ducting run out through the side panel into the passenger side arch. No more random under-bonnet air for my turbo ;)

Once that's finished, the car's being booked in for a full alignment and geometry setup to work on improving stability.
Will be interested in your alignment numbers Dave :)

I cleaned a bit bits (quickly) on the Micra today including steering wheel, gearknob, handbrake and a few dash bits . That is probably 16 years of filth on that. I've really never known a car to be so dirty.

Attachments

• IMAG1654 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1654 (Large).jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 233

Fully ducted intake complete.
duct_web.jpg

and a revised front end...

stealth_web.jpg

Things got serious with the Micra today. I had to use a bucket of soapy water and a hose pipe to clean the interior. Well worth it though :)

Attachments

• IMAG1655 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1655 (Large).jpg
    287 KB · Views: 255
  • IMAG1660 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1660 (Large).jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 259
  • IMAG1661 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1661 (Large).jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 271
  • IMAG1662 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1662 (Large).jpg