what did you do to your micra today ?

My tools arent great but arent bad. The nut is pretty corroded and clearly hasnt been touched in a looong time (since new by looks of it) and seems someone else has had a pop at it in the past and given up.

Give the back of the socket a few taps with a hammer to make sure it's seated, shoot with wd40 a while before to be sure it can soak and then apply force using a big old breaker bar

Might be worth giving the nut and bolt heads a scrub with a wire brush to be sure your tools seat correctly
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ah. Socket kept torque-slipping if you know what I mean. When you put so much force on it it. 24inch breaker bar wouldnt even budge it. Theyre pretty goosed now so ill just hack the nuts off and put new nuts a d bolts in. Better quality coated ones so I dont have this problem again

Ah. Socket kept torque-slipping if you know what I mean. When you put so much force on it it. 24inch breaker bar wouldnt even budge it. Theyre pretty goosed now so ill just hack the nuts off and put new nuts a d bolts in. Better quality coated ones so I dont have this problem again
Plenty of duck oil mate, prefer it hands down to WD40! P.s no ducks are harmed during its production

Got bored today and took the driving lights off for a change. And cleaned it for the first time in a while!
980a3e201e3759b53c9f039e4991e88a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been thinking about fitting CBR600 bike carbs, but also seen you can get CBR600 ITB's for similar or less money....

Using the ITB's

Would easier in fuel set-up i.e. use the same fuel supply system, a bit of clever wiring i could use the CBR injectors, fit a micra TPS, but how would i do MAF? I suspect the CBR uses a MAP sensor instead of MAF? So questions....

a) Can you swap around maps on the Nistune board, i.e. if i got Ed to map the car i could swap between my current set-up (standard inlet manifold needed for some events) and the CBR ITB's and swap the maps? @pollyp is this what you do between turbo and n/a set-ups? Remind me what software would i need for this? I already have the consult cable.

b) Can you run the Nistune mapping on a MAP sensor?

Or do i go with my thoughts of CBR600 bike carbs and use the spare standard 1.0 ECU i have to look after the sparks, use a fuel pressure regulator/dropper to get the fueling right? Cheaper option, but possibly not quite as good as the CBR ITB option....

Questions.......

Final one..... anyone got a Boggs Brothers manifold for sale?

ITB's would need an ecu capable of mapping with a MAP sensor which a nistune is not and from what I've read they have no plans to develop. The only work around besides changing management would be to design and make a sealed plenum to fit over the throttles and run that to a single MAF. Less than ideal but would work. It's how GTIR's are ran if I'm not mistaken

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Been thinking about fitting CBR600 bike carbs, but also seen you can get CBR600 ITB's for similar or less money....

Using the ITB's

Would easier in fuel set-up i.e. use the same fuel supply system, a bit of clever wiring i could use the CBR injectors, fit a micra TPS, but how would i do MAF? I suspect the CBR uses a MAP sensor instead of MAF? So questions....

Or do i go with my thoughts of CBR600 bike carbs and use the spare standard 1.0 ECU i have to look after the sparks, use a fuel pressure regulator/dropper to get the fueling right? Cheaper option, but possibly not quite as good as the CBR ITB option....

Questions.......

Final one..... anyone got a Boggs Brothers manifold for sale?

I like the thinking! :) The CBR's use a MAP sensor for sure. You could perhaps use the CBR900rr Fireblade TB as the last carb versions were 918cc iic (1998/99 cbr900rr-w and rr-x models) and is closer to the engine capacity than the CBR600.

I use gsxr 750 ITB's

A Stand alone ecu is a much better option. I use megasquirt, which has an ITB load option.
Map is OK but not ideal for ITB's as after 20-30% throttle there is no "load".
Tps is also OK but you lose some economy/drivability when driving around as normal.

The ITB load setting takes both the map table and a tps map and blends them together to produce a drivable engine at part throttle and the performance at full throttle.

megasquirt can use map and maf inputs iirc, which means that they can cover each other,s limitations eh
quote from here http://www.microsquirt.info/mafmap.htm

"The MAF/ MAP blend option is used to cover the entire rpm/ load range with a high degree of resolution. Depending on the engine design, it may be that one or the other sensor is unsuitable for either the low end or the high end. By combining them, the entire range can be effectively covered. Perhaps more important, dual sensors are needed for observer/ model based tuning systems, where the two sensors plus a mathematical model of flow through the throttle plate are all used to provide a best prediction of engine performance. The prediction is self-correcting based on the sensor values. This use of two independent load sensors is common in most late model factory cars."

Right who wants to take bets on what went bang on the gear box... Drivers side seal bust and drained oil to half way with constant use for 50 miles. Whirring noise followed after fixing seal and new oil. Hard accell and gearbox went boom. Gentleman's bet to test ur mechanical brain and predict the fallout.

Right who wants to take bets on what went bang on the gear box... Drivers side seal bust and drained oil to half way with constant use for 50 miles. Whirring noise followed after fixing seal and new oil. Hard accell and gearbox went boom. Gentleman's bet to test ur mechanical brain and predict the fallout.

Lay shaft bearing? Then mashed teeth? Xxx

Might need a winch for that job mate....or if its a 1litre someone strong as feck pmsl. I just mixed it all into one nasty smelling solution...2 cups washing machine powder...half cup vinegar. Some fairy and 5 cups of bleach. Took all the crud oil etc off no problem. Then polished it all for shine, protection and beading effect
How did you do the top of the rocker cover without getting liquid inside the spark chambers?

Paraffin will do the same, and evaporate afterwards, especially on a warm engine.
Did it on a Nissan cherry years ago, real easy cleaning method. Clean my car today, nah, not inside, outside or anywhere. I've got the dirtiest car you've ever seen. If I say so myself........its disgusting. My dogs don't care anyway.
Which chemical paraffin where you referring to mate?

Back