what did you do to your micra today ?

Ahh sorry my bad, that's when they insure it and put max on it but its actually max that uses it most that's fronting :p..

Got confused just ignore me

Ahh sorry my bad, that's when they insure it and put max on it but its actually max that uses it most that's fronting :p..

Got confused just ignore me
But if Max is on L-plates his Dad is the liable one

There's not many people that stick to their insurance to the letter

"Where is it left overnight? " - Garage
Go away and leave it in a hotel car park?... Covered? Technically only 3rd party.. not for vandalism etc they just rip you off at every opportune moment

Went for some food and there it was , a chance for a photo !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 349
I won't be driving the micra on the road for a few years till I can pay for the insurance, because soon it'll be modified. It's only insured so my dad can drive it to and from events

WDIDT?

Replaced the LHS CV joint and drove to test with full lock to the right side and the noise gone for good.

However, while replacing the CV joint did not change the old circle retaining clip.

Here is the viedo CV Joints:

Regards

I thought cage didn't actually drop insurance? I know it keeps you safer but if you're in a car with a broken neck it's going to take the rescue crew ages to cut you out.

Hopefully wont need ot cut you out as the cage should stop the car deforming too much if its built properly lol

Hopefully wont need ot cut you out as the cage should stop the car deforming too much if its built properly lol
Yeah I know but injuries can still and have happened many times. They assume you're going to drive like you stole it wherever you go because you're invincible with a cage in :p But anything for them to rob more money off you at the end of the day :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SORN'd mine yesterday because I can't get it back to standard like ZENITH INSURANCE wanted due to their overly restrictive policies. They also use the name "Purely Motor" or "Purely Car". Avoid them if you're even THINKING of taking a bonnet badge off because they will nullify the policy. *Bastards*

SORN'd mine yesterday because I can't get it back to standard like ZENITH INSURANCE wanted due to their overly restrictive policies. They also use the name "Purely Motor" or "Purely Car". Avoid them if you're even THINKING of taking a bonnet badge off because they will nullify the policy. *Bastards*
Why are you acting like none of this is your fault?

I thought cage didn't actually drop insurance? I know it keeps you safer but if you're in a car with a broken neck it's going to take the rescue crew ages to cut you out.

Cage it, safety it and it should drop tbh
Cages unless paired with other safety equipment can be more dangerous than a normal consumer car. Just imagine hitting ur head off a roll cage in a 70 mph crash...

Why does it concern you? I made a statement, that's the end of it. Butt out and concern yourself with other things that are directly affecting you, like low wages, NHS sell off, Global Warming etc. and leave me to whinge and complain, orrite?
Do you need some help rectifying ur modded car to meet with ur insurance? What do you need to do?

Here's the deal: Zenith Insurance regard even removing the CARPET from the car as a "Modification", despite the fact that it does nothing to the performance. Also I feel insulted that they don't think a 48 year old is sensible enough to drive a car that has been modified. The reason the carpets and rear seat came out in the first place was because they were a HEALTH HAZARD (trust me, they were beyond munting!!). Further; I had enquired about the change of steering wheel before my renewal, but didn't realise the policy THIS year was from a different company, the aforementioned Zenith Insurance, who as has been stated regard any removal or slight modification as a reason to void your insurance (I know, "Assumption is the mother of all **** ups"! We can all be smart arses after the event!). The whole "Modification" was the wheel change and stripped interior!
There's plenty of blame to share out, but in the end I'm the one out of pocket because of my error and their intransigence.
Whinge over, end of story, new line, new paragraph, bat****.

Here's the deal: Zenith Insurance regard even removing the CARPET from the car as a "Modification", despite the fact that it does nothing to the performance. Also I feel insulted that they don't think a 48 year old is sensible enough to drive a car that has been modified. The reason the carpets and rear seat came out in the first place was because they were a HEALTH HAZARD (trust me, they were beyond munting!!). Further; I had enquired about the change of steering wheel before my renewal, but didn't realise the policy THIS year was from a different company, the aforementioned Zenith Insurance, who as has been stated regard any removal or slight modification as a reason to void your insurance (I know, "Assumption is the mother of all #### ups"! We can all be smart arses after the event!). The whole "Modification" was the wheel change and stripped interior!
There's plenty of blame to share out, but in the end I'm the one out of pocket because of my error and their intransigence.
Whinge over, end of story, new line, new paragraph, bat####.
BTW sky insurance or Adrian flux support modding. I waited to modify my car so I could afford the insurance. Its a normal thing, it not being supported on most policies. You should always converse with your broker to ensure you are working within the terms and conditions. You seem pretty aggressive and most people react differently. It appeared that you blamed your insurance company for the injustice. I too hate insurance companies and their bollox. But its our responsibility to vet our choices and maintain that we upkeep to a contractual agreement between the two parties (us and them). My apologies that you are not happy with my response, but this is a forum, which is open. Isn't the concept of this environment to have responses to the information we post... Or the statements we post? I am sorry that I have upset you, but I always find the modified insurance thing a bit simple. We just have to pay for the luxury. Its all done on statistical risk, which is not opinionated or anything. People who mod cars are more likely to have crashes or bumps n scrapes. That's simple eh. Ms daisy and her micra.. Not so much lol. We are just in a pool of people more likely to do something wrong. Its a shame they don't know is personally. We would get better rates. Actually naaaaa stuff tht, they wouldn't let me drive lol.

Here's the deal: Zenith Insurance regard even removing the CARPET from the car as a "Modification", despite the fact that it does nothing to the performance. Also I feel insulted that they don't think a 48 year old is sensible enough to drive a car that has been modified. The reason the carpets and rear seat came out in the first place was because they were a HEALTH HAZARD (trust me, they were beyond munting!!). Further; I had enquired about the change of steering wheel before my renewal, but didn't realise the policy THIS year was from a different company, the aforementioned Zenith Insurance, who as has been stated regard any removal or slight modification as a reason to void your insurance (I know, "Assumption is the mother of all #### ups"! We can all be smart arses after the event!). The whole "Modification" was the wheel change and stripped interior!
Whinge over, end of story, new line, new paragraph, bat####.
I don't declare my mods Irish insurers don't tend to care as much especially if its just visual stuff

BTW sky insurance or Adrian flux support modding. I waited to modify my car so I could afford the insurance. Its a normal thing, it not being supported on most policies. You should always converse with your broker to ensure you are working within the terms and conditions. You seem pretty aggressive and most people react differently. It appeared that you blamed your insurance company for the injustice. I too hate insurance companies and their bollox. But its our responsibility to vet our choices and maintain that we upkeep to a contractual agreement between the two parties (us and them). My apologies that you are not happy with my response, but this is a forum, which is open. Isn't the concept of this environment to have responses to the information we post... Or the statements we post? I am sorry that I have upset you, but I always find the modified insurance thing a bit simple. We just have to pay for the luxury. Its all done on statistical risk, which is not opinionated or anything. People who mod cars are more likely to have crashes or bumps n scrapes. That's simple eh. Ms daisy and her micra.. Not so much lol. We are just in a pool of people more likely to do something wrong. Its a shame they don't know is personally. We would get better rates. Actually naaaaa stuff tht, they wouldn't let me drive lol.

Yes,, Sorry about that. I shouldn't have got up on my hind legs, I was just somewhat vexed with the situation. *ahem*.

In a few ways it's a good thing: It gives me a chance to plug the leak in the NSF, and replace the clutch and gearbox, both of which are knackered after 113,000 miles of not being looked after. So it'll be back for Spring, and my insurance renewal is in May!
As far as Sky and Adrian Flux: With the former I was on hold for 45 minutes, and the latter I was passed from broker to broker to broker to broker without getting a quote. Then my current Broker (Ashbourne Insurance Services) said "Oh, Aviva will do you, all mods declared, for £614!". The problem seems to be that because I have a finance agreement to pay it monthly I'd have to pay a 200 quid "Early Settlement Fee", which means I'm stuck with an American insurance company that's really a wholly owned subsidiary of a Canadian Holding company until May! Isn't International Finance easy to keep track of? :D
meanwhile: Anyone got a car with MOT they need shot of for about 300 quid near the Herts/Essex border?

I just renewed mine, second year on my own policy for 487€ and I'm 26....dunno bout the jury thing to be honest! But I've had to claim previously on motorbike insurance and there was no jury involved!

Not all animals in the forest are equal... Anyway there's no happy hour deal of equality when we are comparing willy sizes lol or lack of haha... So take ur happy and nice opinions and shove em.. Flower puff boy... BTW you and clodo wanna come down for a weekend before crimbo
Shut up chris! Your opinion is invalid :p

Yeah we would love to :) struggling to get time of work though atm :( x

Hello Jordan. Its one I made by taking the dials off a cable drive and sticking to an electronic one.
Needs a bit of adjusting to pick up the backlighting when lights are on, I made it when experimenting with different speedo faces.
Tom and I were saying the other day we wondered how you were getting on with the spedo faces :) x

Went scrappers today as planned. Three micras on the web site with two showing tacho speedo's, got there only to find out they crushed one in the morning, yes, one with a tacho....have they no feelings :( anyways, looked over to the crushing plant and lo and behold, there on top of the next pile to be crushed and baled - a super S on an L plate :D
Had it taken down and got these of her.
micra005_zps42d450e0.jpg

micra003_zps74faf96a.jpg

Well not all off her, the speedo head and the old wrap around spoiler, the other tacho from a 51 plate, and a few bits that are always handy for some-one.
I'm starting to get a collection of speedo's now:rolleyes:
micra006_zps66dae6b2.jpg

whats the mileage on the 51 plate might be interested

Back