what did you do to your micra today ?

Mental day at Pembrey!
First stage we got lost in a maze of tyres that had been knocked around by previous cars and lost a good 40 seconds.
Second stage we got stuck behind a 1600 Saxo Kit car because he was spinning the wheels in every gear, then finished that off by understeering into a post.(Only cracked the bumper somehow)
Then the rest of the day was filled with madness and moments and too much fun:p
Finished 3rd in class, 4 seconds from 2nd in class(172hp Nova) and 29th overall.

Also nice to meet @SirChris and @mph today! Nice to put a face to username at 6 in the morning:D

10668961_735524399854799_3892130038570321226_o.jpg

Last edited:
since i last posted ive repaired my splitter after hitting more road kill, hit whatever that big road kill was eating the next day, hit a big deer that had been hit right on a sharp corner so no way of avoiding that, next day hit a huge stone that was sat in the road and thought i avoided it but got a little too close and hit my tyre and made a massiiiiiiive noise! then today tried on some big shiney 15x8.5 and 15x9 wheels! sat on the tyres so not all the way down, me and mates reckon if if rolled arches and made them fit properly arches would be tucking rim, shweeeet

Attachments

• IMG_7432.JPG
    IMG_7432.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,448
  • IMG_7435.JPG
    IMG_7435.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 604
  • IMG_7446.JPG
    IMG_7446.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 979
  • IMG_7447.JPG
    IMG_7447.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 727
since i last posted ive repaired my splitter after hitting more road kill, hit whatever that big road kill was eating the next day, hit a big deer that had been hit right on a sharp corner so no way of avoiding that, next day hit a huge stone that was sat in the road and thought i avoided it but got a little too close and hit my tyre and made a massiiiiiiive noise! then today tried on some big shiney 15x8.5 and 15x9 wheels! sat on the tyres so not all the way down, me and mates reckon if if rolled arches and made them fit properly arches would be tucking rim, shweeeet

That is the best thing I've seen...
The fitment is perfect!

Just come back from the bank, pulled onto the by-pass, in front a slammed polo!!! he floored it = so did I.
Micra power, passed him in second on 6k revs and va va voom by by polo.
I had the obligatory hard stare at the roundabout when I turned.....made me smile
Was it the fact a micra creamed him, or was it the fact an old geezer's still got it (sort of ) lol

Just come back from the bank, pulled onto the by-pass, in front a slammed polo!!! he floored it = so did I.
Micra power, passed him in second on 6k revs and va va voom by by polo.
I had the obligatory hard stare at the roundabout when I turned.....made me smile
Was it the fact a micra creamed him, or was it the fact an old geezer's still got it (sort of ) lol
we have a duty davy :)
WDIDT ?
reduced the valve overlap to zero, so that its more suited to boost than n/a now :)

PA140182.JPG
PA140195.JPG

Went scrappers today as planned. Three micras on the web site with two showing tacho speedo's, got there only to find out they crushed one in the morning, yes, one with a tacho....have they no feelings :( anyways, looked over to the crushing plant and lo and behold, there on top of the next pile to be crushed and baled - a super S on an L plate :D
Had it taken down and got these of her.
micra005_zps42d450e0.jpg

micra003_zps74faf96a.jpg

Well not all off her, the speedo head and the old wrap around spoiler, the other tacho from a 51 plate, and a few bits that are always handy for some-one.
I'm starting to get a collection of speedo's now:rolleyes:
micra006_zps66dae6b2.jpg

Well.. Started the engine for the first time in two weeks. Does that count as something? Then thought the steering was broken because it's stupid light next to my 205 ..

Edit: also found the tax runs out on the SAME DAY as the 205... ####.

Well.. Started the engine for the first time in two weeks. Does that count as something? Then thought the steering was broken because it's stupid light next to my 205 ..

Edit: also found the tax runs out on the SAME DAY as the 205... ####.

If tax is due after 1 November then you should be able to pay monthly:)

If tax is due after 1 November then you should be able to pay monthly:)
On the 31st :/
Paying monthly would be much more expensive in the long run
Taxing the cheapest (micra) for 6 months and the 205 for a year. Cheapest way to do it and breaks them up :)

On the 31st :/
Paying monthly would be much more expensive in the long run
Taxing the cheapest (micra) for 6 months and the 205 for a year. Cheapest way to do it and breaks them up :)

I guess it depends on the tax bands. For example, a Micra is currently £79.75 for 6-months but will become £12.69 per month which will be £76.14 for 6-month, £3.61 cheaper and payable in installments. The amount Government fee added for monthly payment is going to be 5% were as it is a 10% surcharge under current rules, payable up front...

Last edited:
they're what i was swapping my minilites with but the person i was swapping with was moaning my tyres were a size too big so just swapped them for 14x7+8 bandeds instead!
I guess it depends on the tax bands. For example, a Micra is currently £79.75 for 6-months but will become £12.69 per month which will be £76.14 for 6-month, £3.61 cheaper and payable in installments. The amount Government fee added for monthly payment is going to be 5% were as it is a 10% surcharge under current rules, payable up front...
Yurp, it's a tiny bit cheaper to pay in installments than it was to do it every 6 months.

PS. Machine Head is awsum.

Fitted a new rad as my other new rad started leaking (not impressed...!), put back the coolant pipes and getting them to seal and stop leaking took a while....

Trying the bleed the cooling system, which always seems to be hard task as there is no bleed valve - how do other bleed the system?

Fitted a new rad as my other new rad started leaking (not impressed...!), put back the coolant pipes and getting them to seal and stop leaking took a while....

Trying the bleed the cooling system, which always seems to be hard task as there is no bleed valve - how do other bleed the system?
Same issue on the 205. Just gotta unclamp all the hoses going into the rad and let it drain out, and blast a hose through the system.
Make sure you've got buckets under it all!

I normally top the rad up and start the car up leving the heather in full, let it run for 5 mins, pop the rad cap off give all the hoses a little squeeze to "burp" it and top the ran and expansion up as needed :)

When I changed my coolant we had an adapter that fitted on to replace the rad cap and was essentially an upside down bucket with no bottom to bleed it through.
Now we have a pressure bleeder from Nissan and its a great piece of kit :)

Huzzey... I haz a question
What's it like driving a car that low? Like on a motorway for a while
Tempted to sell my nice car and slam a #### micra :p

well its the most uncomfortable and ****test ride i have ever experienced in my life but it sticks like flies to **** around corners! motorways are alright though, the only uncomfortable thing about motorways in my car is the noise and occasional bit of nasty bumps, but if you're 6"3 like me being cramped up for that long isnt nice haha

After cleaning out and regreasing my rear wheel bearings yesterday and readjusting my rear brakes/eliminating drag I decided today I would get cracking with the exhaust renovation. Xmas is coming and the wee mans bday next month so money is tight therefore new pipes out of the question. So I decided to use my handy nature and clean up all the exhaust pipes/boxes and flanges and fit all new gaskets in the next week or so (car will be off road in the process). Today I made a start and had to take an angle grinder under the car (yerr I know ) to cut the rear backbox bolts off to remove bb so I could drop the whole system out the bottom of engine bay (everything is siezed on and using angle grinder nearer the engine would mean it would be an inch from my face). With the sway bar off I managed to drop it all through. Not so simple though...I had to grind off the studs on certain flanges flat to the face then grind off the bolt on other side THEN spent hours and hours drilling out the remains so new bolts can be inserted in flanges. Tired and shaky from all the grinding and drilling I have all the sections separated and will clean them up one by one over the following week.
This evening I cleaned the manifold....here is a few pics (should look great when back on and even better when I brush cup the engine bay with me trusty metabo :D

20141015_220316.jpg

20141015_220429.jpg

20141015_220456.jpg

well its the most uncomfortable and ####test ride i have ever experienced in my life but it sticks like flies to #### around corners! motorways are alright though, the only uncomfortable thing about motorways in my car is the noise and occasional bit of nasty bumps, but if you're 6"3 like me being cramped up for that long isnt nice haha

Meh I'm a large 6ft and fit one with a roll cage, should be alreet...

Doesn't sound too bad, I may well be joining the ranks of ruined, slammed cars that serve no purpose other than to get stuck :p

Doesn't sound too bad, I may well be joining the ranks of ruined, slammed cars that serve no purpose other than to get stuck :p
Do it dude. Life's to short to drive boring cars, and that Punto isn't giving you the smiles per gallon is it!?

do it, my mate always told me the best times driving were always in a micra, seems to be true so far haha

Huzzey... I haz a question
What's it like driving a car that low? Like on a motorway for a while
Tempted to sell my nice car and slam a #### micra :p
its fun for a bit tbh, i love slammed cars, its just not safe with my silly driving. lows is a stiff game and plays havoc with high speed country roads... when driving at the speed limit

its fun for a bit tbh, i love slammed cars, its just not safe with my silly driving. lows is a stiff game and plays havoc with high speed country roads... when driving at the speed limit

I'll only have it for a few months, so should be able to just about to cope ... Will be getting a faster car soon, just need to save up for a bit :)

Well I don't have a micra yet and will just get some off Andy when I do im afraid...

Edit: that's just my nice way of saying im fine thanks
lol this suspension is for lows not performance. You will need to be a bit more creative than that to make me upset and think ur being a mean arse lol

@SirChris enjoy yourself on Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah man was ****ing elite. Think I may get in on the action. Watching ur onboard footage man... Ur in a na car... I wouldn't be able to keep up with you in my Turbo lol. Watching most the footage from the day, in all cars, I would struggle to handle the car as well. Fantastic atmosphere too

Yeah man was ####ing elite. Think I may get in on the action. Watching ur onboard footage man... Ur in a na car... I wouldn't be able to keep up with you in my Turbo lol.
Good stuff :) Hahaha on the circuit you should definitely :p Build a cheap N/A and be in the 1.3 or 1.0 class.. Be more fun than against all the 4WD machines haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back