what did you do to your micra today ?

Interior clean was a PITA!
Tried to get rid of the stains off the seat, swear the last owner just rubbed s**t into them. Didn't work very well.
Rest of the interior is clean minus the back seats because they're in my house.
Also removed the pollen filter which was a massive hassle hanging upside down for so long... Glad I removed it though! It was the source of the curry smell in my car!
e2a8avud.jpg

Then I fixed my blown LED's in the clocks and turned on the heaters to check the smell... Which blew a crap load of leaves in my clean car.

Phew, hydraulic handbrake is installed in the rally car too!
za4uhyta.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WDIDT?
Dropped the axle but could not remove because the ABS lead was very difficult and was too tired.
Here is the video.
Regards

ABS sensors won't budge from the plate is always the same. cut and rejoin is normal i think.
1-don't damage panhard rod stub

2-1 dont damage body/she'll mount points.only cut grinder bolts of control arms

3-1-2?? lubricate seized bolts once arm is removed.try save arms by bashing remaining bolts out...12mm socket under bush and bash from top

Last edited:
What products you using?
For the wheels:
JB Weld for filling the gashes on the wheel faces and rims, then it'll be some etch primer followed by a few coats of high build primer. After that, a few coats of whatever colour I decide on (probably silver like the original paint) and then several coats of lacquer.

For the interior plastics:
Just a can of Halfords black vinyl paint. It does a decent job, but in places it's a bit shiny for my liking. I think it's mostly down to the shape of the piece, as getting in the nooks and crannies caused me to spray a bit close to some other bits. You need to go easy with vinyl dye spray, really light and frequent coats.

Finished 1st in class and 12th overall at the North Weald Autosolo today (Suze finished 2nd in class too :))

However had issues which felt like fuel starvation, i think the fuel pump relay is slowly dying, do will look into that. Where is it located?
Think is behind the drivers kick panel (by your right foot). Usually tucked in some foam.

For the wheels:
JB Weld for filling the gashes on the wheel faces and rims, then it'll be some etch primer followed by a few coats of high build primer. After that, a few coats of whatever colour I decide on (probably silver like the original paint) and then several coats of lacquer.

For the interior plastics:
Just a can of Halfords black vinyl paint. It does a decent job, but in places it's a bit shiny for my liking. I think it's mostly down to the shape of the piece, as getting in the nooks and crannies caused me to spray a bit close to some other bits. You need to go easy with vinyl dye spray, really light and frequent coats.

Awesome. Might try that on a spare dash see what it's like. Every tried that fabric dying stuff? Was going to do the roof fabric black!

got my bumpers and spoiler! got bumpers on, put new wing on and cut more exhaust off so it doesnt touch bumpers, new wing still isnt same colour and rubs loads so gonna do more work on it tomorrow, going to respray and re mesh the grille tomorrow along with fitting the spoiler, great fun haha, still have to go get some stainless pipe to get shotgun pipes made properly

Had a visitor over the weekend.
View attachment 32582
We spent more time talking and discussing pretty much everything than actual work
Which lead to corner balancing at midnight.
I'm sure @pollyp will update his blog if we can remember what happened :p
View attachment 32583

I got really excited at first..."Oh, a collie! Your visitor was a magic mechanical collie who gave expert advice using his/her psychic powers!"....then I read a bit more...

think overall it was
arrival,
talk, talk, talk,
check out toolshed,
talk suspension,
checkout h701 cooling issue,
drive around in car,
eat,
corner balance car till midnight,
realise forgot to unhook swaybar...bed

wakeup,
talk,
chop sills off,
make new plate
tack weld sills on but ran out of time n had to stop grinding noises,
corner balance till midnight,
drive home

started prepping wheels for spraying, sprayed the other grille i got off @Enuo when i went to get coilovers on because the filler came off the nismo re when i took the mesh out -.- looks gay with steelies on now, never realised how flared my arches were until the steels were on haha looks like they've dissapeared!

Back