what did you do to your micra today ?

Now to clean the inside and rid of the mould....
eme9evuq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal, got any pics?
Pics here on this link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231186362247?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Only steelies, and cheapo tyres, but ideal for the autosolo planned in a couple of weeks.

Picking them up this evening, MGZR will be bursting at the seams as it is already full of all the service kit for tomorrow.

The warm weather means i had to pack the Yoko A048R's as if it is like this tomorrow the Yoko A035R's will be useless!

Lucky... I'll just get some carpet and glue it on :p

Talking of him, he just posted on Facebook saying he's just fitted launch control to his new car... Very nice car! 1.4 w/ dog box, diff, cams, full exhaust, pistons, throttle bodies... Love it :D

Be MUCH cheaper to just buy something quicker as standard.. I know what he's been spending *feels dizzy*

Tbh at the end of this year I reckon mine is being sold, grab myself a mx5 and do some circuit stuff.... Don't shoot me for being a traitor ! ;)

...by sheer coincidence, I gave Blurple a damn good buffing today too...and took the Micra badge off the back. Managed to get every little bit of adhesive off but there are tiny indents in the paint around where it was...weird...I've sprayed up both badges anyway so I might stick it back on.
Also, picked up some really nice Impreza seats last night...black cloth, really tidy and, surprisingly, they're pretty much the same width as the Micra seats. Had a look at the seat mechanism and it shouldn't be too difficult to fit them to the micra base...with a bit of meccano skills...however, because they don't fold forwards, the back seat will become inaccessible...except for elves...

temporary-40.jpg

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

i det,d one like that too jamie :) could you hear it rattling about in the combustion chamber for a while ?

I couldn't actually but it was weird cos all I noticed was a shed load of steam so I assumed I'd just blown the head gasket and took the head off to find that. Maybe all the water in the bore compressed and blew the piston?!

I wonder what the turbo looks like if that bit of metal went through it :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Removed the front grill and rear bonnet sealing strip in an attempt to increase airflow and reduce the overheating that i've been having. No good. Also, looks lame compared to @SirChris 's car...

I couldn't actually but it was weird cos all I noticed was a shed load of steam so I assumed I'd just blown the head gasket and took the head off to find that. Maybe all the water in the bore compressed and blew the piston?!

I wonder what the turbo looks like if that bit of metal went through it :/

going by the burn stain on the liner, i would say the fire-ring let go first jamie, then the top ring-land
mine went chink chink for a minute or 2, then it must have spat the bit out and then went quiet :)

going by the burn stain on the liner, i would say the fire-ring let go first jamie, then the top ring-land
mine went chink chink for a minute or 2, then it must have spat the bit out and then went quiet :)

I'll pull the pistons out when I change the engine and have a better look. Where do you think the water came from? It pressurised the water like a champ and the gasket was the usual 10 year old rotten original

I'll pull the pistons out when I change the engine and have a better look. Where do you think the water came from? It pressurised the water like a champ and the gasket was the usual 10 year old rotten original

the combustion chamber pressure soon after tdc is about 1000 psi iirc jamie, and when it det,s it can raise to 1500+, so that lifts the head and blows the fire-ring, and sucks the coolant in

the combustion chamber pressure soon after tdc is about 1000 psi iirc jamie, and when it det,s it can raise to 1500+, so that lifts the head and blows the fire-ring, and sucks the coolant in

Maybe 7psi on standard compression was a bit much for a trial run. Hahaha
Oh well you live and learn

I just wound the base timing back but I can't tell you what too cos I forgot to borrow a timing light and the engines in the K10 so doesn't have the consult plug. Usually I would of heard it pinking but my inline fuel pump is so loud I can barely hear anything :/

the corsa pistons appear to be less vulnerable for ringland issues jamie, you can see the pock-marks on the crown of this one that i cooked at mallory park, yet the ring-lands survived fine

P3290737.JPG

similar to this one eh

borebef.jpg

What happened to the olde yellow one?

3 years worth of rallying meant it was yellow with the original red showing through where it had cracked and stuff.
And seeing as the paint used to spray that car was a mixture of whatever was left in the tins, we have no paint code, therefore black was easier :p

3 years worth of rallying meant it was yellow with the original red showing through where it had cracked and stuff.
And seeing as the paint used to spray that car was a mixture of whatever was left in the tins, we have no paint code, therefore black was easier :p

Ahh, should just go luminous pink or something ;)

Sorted out my dodgy Aerial issue, the internal coax had snapped off in the connector, easy fix! Fitted new dizzy cap, waiting on new 10mm leads :D, will try to reinstate the rear wiper circuit and interior light.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sorted out my dodgy Aerial issue, the internal coax had snapped off in the connector, easy fix! Fitted new dizzy cap, waiting on new 10mm leads :D, will try to reinstate the rear wiper circuit and interior light.

On the downside, think my manifold has cracked :(

Back