what did you do to your micra today ?

haha sorry guys, i was getting really impatient!

merry christmas broskis!

after driving my car for 2 days ive decided i hate it and need power steering or power assisted really bad, my arms hurt and its horrible to drive about :( but getting the old gal new shoes tomorrow with my crimbo money, wooooo

Or a gym membership ;) new wheels with wider tyres will give it even heavier steering...

haha sorry guys, i was getting really impatient!

merry christmas broskis!

after driving my car for 2 days ive decided i hate it and need power steering or power assisted really bad, my arms hurt and its horrible to drive about :( but getting the old gal new shoes tomorrow with my crimbo money, wooooo

If I can drive without power steering and I'm smaller than my 11 year old sister I'm sure you can :p power steering is just another thing to go wrong :L x

i got nerve damage from when i snapped my arm still and im as weak as a stick, its effort not having power steering! dont think ill need a gym membership with this car haha

I broke and dislocated my wrist and snapped all the tendons... Still undergoing physio two years later for it, power steering is lovely ;)
In all seriousness though, it really can't be that heavy

My wrists are the size of pencils :L I've had a micra with power steering and one with out the only difference I found is obviously it's a little harder to dry steer but I personally don't think it's worth the effort of installing it x

apparently dads been saying for the past half a year that ive had my car that after half a year or so we're gonna look for a 1.3 with more gadgets on it haha, shows how much i listen -.-

@ chris - my selfie.
gurning-pic.jpg

You too will look like this - one day.

May just be me right, but that doesn't look like a 40mm drop

Mines is 30mm and looks lower than that =/

Or mabey im mental

Ye olde photo incoming

Photo0065_zps309e144f.jpg

Thanks Frank, gearbox out to free it ? new clutch will fix it ? Can the seal be removed in situ ?
Change gearbox oil, or maybe low ?
yes you would have to remove the g/box to withdraw the fork shaft mate, so no access to the seal i,m afraid
and the thrust bearing inner collar is a very slack fit over the input shaft housing (so i cant see any possibility of seizure there) the only snug fitment area,s are the clutch splines and the arm pivot
you could drill a small diagonal hole towards the pivot shaft for lubing maybe ? (if the shaft is dry) then plug the hole afterwards

yes you would have to remove the g/box to withdraw the fork shaft mate, so no access to the seal i,m afraid
and the thrust bearing inner collar is a very slack fit over the input shaft housing (so i cant see any possibility of seizure there) the only snug fitment area,s are the clutch splines and the arm pivot
you could drill a small diagonal hole towards the pivot shaft for lubing maybe ? (if the shaft is dry) then plug the hole afterwards
Thanks Frank,what about a new clutch, fix or not ? Gearboxes on ebay £75 to £175 not bad, don't mind either.
Although she's perfectly driveable as is.

a tight/seized clutch spline would only cause the clutch to drag mate (ie, not disengage properly)
and the coilpack g/boxes tend to fetch silly money

a tight/seized clutch spline would only cause the clutch to drag mate (ie, not disengage properly)
and the coilpack g/boxes tend to fetch silly money
That's interesting Frank, that is more of what my clutch feels like. I adjusted the cable to bring the clutch of the floor, I'll bring it up more to the top, as the stiffness is when the pedal is on the floor. I think that might do the trick - thanks Frank for your time ... now go and have a beer on me - cheers bud.:D

got £25 from 2 days of lifts and filled her up in swindon because its loads 10p cheaper than devizes!! full to the brim now hahah, should last a few days!

oh yeah got my superlites aswell ;) just need to order smaller nuts so i can actually get the socket around it and they'll be on!

got £25 from 2 days of lifts and filled her up in swindon because its loads 10p cheaper than devizes!! full to the brim now hahah, should last a few days!

oh yeah got my superlites aswell ;) just need to order smaller nuts so i can actually get the socket around it and they'll be on!
So you decided on them. gonna run spacers or not?

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

WDIDT ? made a shelf that clips into the glovebox surround (quick-fit) :) and a cam-mount for recording the data on the fly (different camera)
you can see that the ecu has advanced the timing to increase the idle while cold (20.5 deg) then it drops the timing to 5 deg when hot, :cool: (when you have no idle control valve fitted)

PC270261.JPG
PC270263.JPG

Back