what did you do to your micra today ?

Fitted the spoiler. Just need to sort out the bumpers now.
20131006_175250_zpsdb7d53ad.jpg

That looks really nice, bit rough around the edges (No offence) but just makes it look cool....Good luck for the MOT, mine passed the other day with 'no' advisories ;)
It's only rough around the edges because I hit a hedge the first time I drove it and all the paint cracked haha!

Bought this off ebay, but, its the wrong one innit ??? mines electronic, and this ones mechanical - yeah ???
I will have blue dials, they do them electronic, yes/no ???? Another boo boo by me I think.
That's a throttle body, dials, seatbelt pre-tensioner and belt all wrong now, I'll be able to build a micra from scratch at this rate :)
004_zps1bf0296b.jpg
005_zpsa200f29c.jpg

Thought it was wrong when I opened the packet:( Did they do blue dials on electronic facelifts ????
T

I thought the colour was green, and yes they did them with electronic speedo drive. Don't you just love the way people cut wires :eek: scrap dealer no doubt?

the recent blyton one i think mate, he gave you one of his business cards ?

That would be the guy i was thinking of then, gave me a card and said if there's ever any help/questions needing answered to give him a bell :) really nice guy and good event, back there next weekend

That would be the guy i was thinking of then, gave me a card and said if there's ever any help/questions needing answered to give him a bell :) really nice guy and good event, back there next weekend
aye, he,s a mate of our (rally mad) boss, and drives about 25k miles a year, marshaling events :)

Learnt something today. The middle number on a tyre is a percentage of the width, and not a constant amount.
So, the wider the tyre means that the profile can be higher than one you have taken off, if the tyre you took off was narrower.
Hope that makes sense. It explains why my car is higher than before when I changed from 165/60s to 185/60s

sounds like a chainsaw eh andy :D and its got no shafts, and half a g/box, so i,m only testing for smoke and oil light reaction from cold etc

View attachment 25720
Sounds just fine to me :p

Half a gearbox... how'd you manage that?... wasn't a strange sounding chainsaw was it :rolleyes:

Ah I see :) all good so far?

What dya reckon to this h/g off a GA16... pretty blocked eh. I cleared the holes with a screwdriver... every coolant channel blocked
1381182486794.jpg

What dya reckon to this h/g off a GA16... pretty blocked eh. I cleared the holes with a screwdriver... every coolant channel blocked
the CR gaskets only have cyl # 1 galleries open andy, the others are very restricted for a more even heat exchange

PA070047.JPG

the CR gaskets only have cyl # 1 galleries open andy, the others are very restricted for a more even heat exchange

View attachment 25723
That a ga gasket? I don't like the fact it has no holes... doesn't seem right

This gasket I have in that pic has holes all the way down... just blocked.
It'll be a genuine replacement anyways :) see what they're like. It has a little bit of boost to hold up to (18psi iirc)

That a ga gasket? I don't like the fact it has no holes... doesn't seem right

This gasket I have in that pic has holes all the way down... just blocked.
It'll be a genuine replacement anyways :) see what they're like. It has a little bit of boost to hold up to (18psi iirc)
its a CR (k12) one mate, i guess the coolant flows up cyl 1 and then along the length of the head, and the cylinder jackets just need a slower flow than the head

its a CR (k12) one mate, i guess the coolant flows up cyl 1 and then along the length of the head, and the cylinder jackets just need a slower flow than the head
I realised after I posted you did actually say it was a cr one :p

Seems a strange way around it to me. I'd rather have even flow to all cylinders :/

cars doing something odd at the moment
after about a half hour drive (quiet sprited inc motorway) the water in the overflow bottle is bubbling
this made me think head gasket
but
it doesn't over heat
no mayo on the oil filler cap of any sign of oil in the water
any thoughts??
im going to run a cooling flush through it was wondering if may be some minor blockage etc

after about a half hour drive (quiet sprited inc motorway) the water in the overflow bottle is bubbling
but
it doesn't over heat
any thoughts??
im going to run a cooling flush through it was wondering if may be some minor blockage etc
If is only a leak betqeen c/c and coolant pathways would give those symptoms

but
it doesn't over heat
any thoughts??
the coolant level will be the clincher matt, if its not drinking coolant its fine :)

Well rear coilovers are raised.

Bad news is the fronts are seized. Bent the C spanner and after 2 hours of WD40ing and hammering they still refused to budge.

Springs are secured though.

Problems will be the ramp itself and the brake tester..

Well rear coilovers are raised.

Bad news is the fronts are seized. Bent the C spanner and after 2 hours of WD40ing and hammering they still refused to budge.

Springs are secured though.

Problems will be the ramp itself and the brake tester..
They can do the 4wd brake test if worst comes to worst

Back