what did you do to your micra today ?

adding spacers will reduce the minus off-set, a 20 mm spacer will then give you a +13, which isn't much?
Adding spacers will technically increase the negative offset? Pushing the wheel face further outwards :confused:

I would have thought a 20mm spacer would give an offset of -27

Correct me if I'm wrong of course :D

Scott is right. Positive and negative offset are opposite to what you'd think.
-7 is currently 7mm passed the wheel centre. I don't like negative offset personally

Went for a rally up the plain on my steels for the last time, not gonna deatroy my alloys from ade!! And got back and fixed the clunking sound in the passenger door, was a bolt loose in it and fixed my doorcar my dad snapped, officially a cable tie technician now ;)
1381244425048.jpg
1381244443329.jpg

Tyres then. 155/70/15...... mm/ %of mm/ inches.... first number is width in mm, second is a % of the width. And third is inches. 3 smegging different units for one damn thing..... tis crazy.
That's what the tyre fitter told me. The tyres I took off were 60 profile, and measured 60mm, the new ones were 60 profile but measured 80mm, same as you, its a bit silly.

@frank
I've had the polo manifold off. Offered the gasket up to the cg and we have a workable alternative :)
Cyl 1 & 4 could do with moving in 2/3mm each but that's not exactly hard. Just need to make a suitable flange
Both outer bolts fit on. As do the lower ones. Obvious need another pair of lower holes and the centre reworked
1381247780061.jpg

@frank
I've had the polo manifold off. Offered the gasket up to the cg and we have a workable alternative :)
Cyl 1 & 4 could do with moving in 2/3mm each but that's not exactly hard. Just need to make a suitable flange
View attachment 25727
and i,ve been measuring a pug/citroen mani today andy (the old steel square blacktop cam cover)....................veeery close match too :) i,ll do some diags later

and i,ve been measuring a pug/citroen mani today andy (the old steel blacktop cam cover)....................veeery close match too :) i,ll do some diags later
That the J4 8valve engine?
Its good to open more options up... I need to dig out that corsa one now and try that.
I have a spare polo gasket should you want it for further investigation :)

That the J4 8valve engine?
Its good to open more options up... I need to dig out that corsa one now and try that.
I have a spare polo gasket should you want it for further investigation :)
hmm, not sure if it was this, or this mate, the black lower one iirc, the bolts for the primaries were angled like this \ / \ / the same as k11,s

airfilterpickq8.jpg
saxophotos016.jpg

@frank (couldn't quote)
The lower black one is the J4 found in early saxo/106s and later saxo vtr's and 106 gti's etc.
The top one is a jp4 found in c2's and newer saxos etc. My Picasso has a JP4 :)

@frank (couldn't quote)
The lower black one is the J4 found in early saxo/106s and later saxo vtr's and 106 gti's etc.
The top one is a jp4 found in c2's and newer saxos etc. My Picasso has a JP4 :)
gonna be the j4 i think andy :) the ports are a close match look, and 4 of the boltholes should lineup with minor slotting, the other 4 are about 10mm off centre

PA080049.JPG

Running spacers will probably add much more stress to the wheel bearings with the offset already -7:eek:
the wheel bearings are already inboard of the hubface 40mm ish, so the stock wheels bring the wheel centreline roughly level with the bearings centreline :)

Oh contrary, my wheels have to be drilled out by 1 mill to take the new alloys, they are not sitting properly I'm told today.
Spacers no good without longer bolts being fitted, so, drill it is.
Also told that steel nuts with alloys is fine. That'll do for me :)

Wired up my tacho on the super s dials. Fiddly and annoying, especially with no light after half way through. Seems to work though and means I don't have a pointless gauge sat there doing nothing now

Wired up my tacho on the super s dials. Fiddly and annoying, especially with no light after half way through. Seems to work though and means I don't have a pointless gauge sat there doing nothing now
That's interesting Joe K, I want them there blue dials on my motor. I assumed the tacho would work just by plugging the adaptor in the back, is that not so ?????

That's interesting Joe K, I want them there blue dials on my motor. I assumed the tacho would work just by plugging the adaptor in the back, is that not so ?????
I believe yours is a coilpack model no? 1.4? Yours will be electronic speedo and tacho. These dials on mine are pre facelift so manual speedo. The only reason i had to run extra wires is that my car is poverty spec on a diet so the wires simply werent there to be used.

Fitted the primera 1.6 air box. Its fantastic! removed the baffle in the top lid and not used an intake pipe - the noise is awesome and revs feel a lot smoother. For a £10 scrap yard bargain I fully recommend it as the first "mod" for anyone looking to upgrade their cars air box.

Fitted the primera 1.6 air box. Its fantastic! removed the baffle in the top lid and not used an intake pipe - the noise is awesome and revs feel a lot smoother. For a £10 scrap yard bargain I fully recommend it as the first "mod" for anyone looking to upgrade their cars air box.

Noise just tends to mean the engines working harder to pull in air... Sounds cool though :p

Not really just today but over the last few days, just been too manic to update daily...... But here is the start of the WRC Wales Rally GB Prep

Sat : Unpacked kit from last stage rally, checked car over including rear drums which were fine, but OSR wheel bearing needs changing, also found front top mounts are worn, so need replacing, cleaned & painted new Ren 5 GT wheels ready for new tyres.

Sun : Changed oil, full bolt check, fitted rear spring spacers for greater ride height, thought about rear beam strengthening kit, improved exhaust hangers, fitted new rear strut brace, drilled hole in exhuast tip so i can pack rear box with additional wire wool if noise test proves an issue at an event,

Mon : Got x6 New Yoko A035's fitted

Tues : Bought goodies for service kit and rally car

Wed : Lower front brace has arrived, oh and tested the new coffee option for the service kit :) And sorted V5C and MSA Log book for new engine.

Still lots to do this weekend.....

Davy, get down the scrappy and look for a facelift with a "Sport" badge. Should have rev clocks, normally only a tenner too. Best thing you can do, take yours out, check the connectors and then you'll be sure they'll fit.

Back