what did you do to your micra today ?

Also, with my mini rims, although I opened up the centre bore I still had to remove the hub nut cap as well...

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

What did I do today? Went to Halfords, the worlds most expensive excuse for a car shop. Purchased a plate which set me back £20.
Felt sick.

Next fitted prism Blue bulbs to the clock, I wish they made these things exact replacements instead of always having to cannibalise things.

Thanks to every-one for the advice, and those who chose to save me - from myself:) I'll do some piccies (again) when its sorted.
Nice choice now, spacers or drill out - cheers all.

What did I do today? Went to Halfords, the worlds most expensive excuse for a car shop. Purchased a plate which set me back £20.
Felt sick.

Next fitted prism Blue bulbs to the clock, I wish they made these things exact replacements instead of always having to cannibalise things.
Yes, expensive, cost me £41 to have my missus's radio fitted:mad:

WDIDT ?​
tested another high comp engine :)
pa060042-jpg.25673

Whats that tasty looking exhaust manifold you got there frank?

Ah cool, so that could give a little gain over your normal modded one due to smoother less turbulent flow out then, maybe 1 or 2 hp and a tad more torque

I can pretty much guarantee that if it fits you'll have one o the high comp
yes, we,ll be back to high comp/low boost again soon mate, the old hybrid clutch is slipping at over half a bar now, so may as well change the engine while its out, the one i tested today is the sweetest runner so far, i,ll try the others out then decide :)

yes, we,ll be back to high comp/low boost again soon mate, the old hybrid clutch is slipping at over half a bar now, so may as well change the engine while its out, the one i tested today is the sweetest runner so far, i,ll try the others out then decide :)
Got any rough compression ratios for the setups Frank?

Its just clicked what you said... change clutch.... nah just change engine... small mind simple things :p

Feel free to mock, care to explain the difference between say the frankspeed mani I have, and a top mount mani? :L
Top mount is a turbo manifold where the turbo is quite literally mounted on top of the manifold rather than the traditional under manifold design :)
Your frankspeed is a naturally aspirated one and not the same coz no turbo ;)
No mocking all here to learn

Ade beat me to it

Got any rough compression ratios for the setups Frank?
the 1.0 piston ones work out at 11.5 iirc andy, the corsa piston one may be ott for boosting (unless i get another head skimmed).
i would have to limit the boost to 5psi i guess, but the current manual boost control is pretty safe/accurate

Sweet. That's pretty high considering most people wet themselves when you say "its 9:1 @8psi"... "omg it'll blow up etc etc"
This new setup will be the one to watch then :)
And hopefully may have a couple of bew exhaust options after tomorrow

my 1st boosted engine had 1.0 pistons, and i was spiking over 20 psi without a remap :D...........det,d all 4 pistons within a week eh :rolleyes:

Drove miles and miles over this weekend, MCM meet in warwick and sort of met Marty, then expression at cambridge. On the way home I decided I need a rear wing or a proper aero rear spoiler... oversteer is fun at low speeds, bit hairy at 70-75 odd coming off a roundabout onto a sliproad to join the motorway...

I work on a farm so health and safety doesn't really reach here!!! Every bit of kit we have could chew you up and spit you out in seconds.... I did have that oil drum under it just in case....:)

Back