what did you do to your micra today ?

Not today but yesterday....

Welded up the new wishbones, seam welding them all the way round. Got to use my new self dimming welding mask which is ace, and makes welding SO much easier ! Also started to remove gear lever but found the mount bolts won't come undone as the captive nuts are spinning around in their base (anyone solved this before) also manged to damage the rubber gaiter anyone got a spare they can sell me this week ?

Also sorted out a mount to secure the Grp A airbox to hopefully make it more secure.

Got a busy few weeks ahead to get the car ready for the Go Motorsport Live event at Silverstone on July 7th.

Yep the ones you access from under the car.
you,ve lost me mate :confused: the 2 at the front are a captive stud with nuts ontop surely ?

P6240089.JPG

Attempted to remove rocker cover in grandads workshop to replace with a painted red one... thanks chloe.
Problem is they simply wont budge!
Even with a daddy sized screw driver...
Finally came to the conclusion that they need cutting off and drilling out...
Unless anyone else has any ideas.

Carb cleaner and wire brush.
Use a hammer with your screwdriver to vibrate and hopefully break the rust seal :) then the usual all weight on screwdriver turn slowly etc

Attempted to remove rocker cover in grandads workshop to replace with a painted red one... thanks chloe.
Problem is they simply wont budge!
Even with a daddy sized screw driver...
Finally came to the conclusion that they need cutting off and drilling out...
Unless anyone else has any ideas.

I've had to chizel the screw heads off before now to get the cover off, then use big mole grips on what's left to undo them. Always replace them with stainless bolts :) saves the hassle

I once borrowed an old school impact screw driver, one that you hit with a hammer. It worked great and didn't wreck the bolts. I think Machine mart do them. And some wd40 obviously

I once borrowed an old school impact screw driver, one that you hit with a hammer. It worked great and didn't wreck the bolts. I think Machine mart do them. And some wd40 obviously
Agree with that noddy - under rated piece of kit, if the impact can't move it nothing will. Then its cut and drill I'm afraid.

That's the American stuff, how'd you get hold of that then o_O. Not that I'm jealous or anything... *Whistles innocently*

Well might aswell return here,

Had though about upgrading to a primera but petrol insurance has put me off so here I am again :p

Looking into getting a peter Lloyd system, can I expect some form of gains from this or is it mainly noise ( can I expect some pops? :p )?

Will be looking towards 1.3 cams eventually aswell

Cheers Steve

Fitted new front dampers that I purchased off tomwest last week. What a nightmare removing the top strut nut. Tried for ages to undo them with 14mm & 6mm spanners. Ended up using a Snap-on impact wrench at work. I need to get me one of those. It was like they weren't even tight with that. The ride is a lot smoother now. I'm very pleased. I need some for the rear now.

Rusty old ones, not that there was anything wrong with them apart from that.
null_zps9358c13c.jpg

null_zps46e726a2.jpg

WDIDT?

Replaced the rear door handle, rear wiper nut cover and fitted an antenna. Paid £10 for the lot form a local garage who had an s reg to be scraped. Asked for the headlights, rear lights door mirrors and caliper for £35 but he dd not agree.

Will try to replace the CV boot in the afternoon.

Regards

Awake all day then nightshift and then 1 hours nap (still tired) popped out to help a mate... not really focusing and grazed the front bumper on a wall respray needed :(

Found some rust on my front wing last week so ordered a new one fully painted. Its treated on the reverse but I'll still underseal it. Also bought a new instrument panel with a rev counter on. Need to get a company to alter the odometer to the correct figure, or is that just an lcd display and the figure is held in the ecu? Not got that yet though.

null_zpsbbcd11d7.jpg

Lol just noticed that. I am breaking it as the clutch has gone so it keeps popping out of first gear... Not to bothered about that car as I am getting my new Super S soon.

popping out of gear is a gearbox/selector mechanism problem not clutch
Got a mechanic to look it after work today and he told me it was the thrust bearing on the clutch.

Thing is that it got stuck in first gear as well, as if the clutch isnt engaged properly and it has gotten stuck in reverse alot lately. Also you can hear the bearing grind.

I was thinking linkage problem.

Back