what did you do to your micra today ?

Bought it a gift
20130609_185556_zps62ff2aec.jpg

Condensation usually causes the creamy stuff on the oil cap.
As long as it looked ok inside and the oil was clear :)
The car stationary since September last year. The battery was flat and coolant/radiator was leaked.

First time started was month ago and since then it started and was running for around 20 minutes each weak.

One more thing is when starring there was water spraying/spitting from the tail pipe.

The was very little of the creamy stuff in the oil at first when I moved the bucket it disappeared.

Regards

Its quite normal to have water from the exhaust. Not in excess a couple of drips or so if ots been sat. Could possibly be damp in cylinders.
I wouldn't panic. Keep an eye on the temperature gauge, oil and coolant levels too

Oh yeah, avoid tesco own 95 ron fuel in summer... they erm, barely run on it... hiccuping, pinking etc. Too much ethanol.

well it has,the sports suspension so corners better than any car I have,had :D
Don't want to turn it into a ford forum but...
When I had a 1.8 focus for a week or so. Few suspension tweaks. Handled like a go kart. The polybushes made the difference. If you make a shopping list for it.. Put them on

WDIDT ? raced an evo at shakies :) (and a volvo turbo)

can only run 5 psi and short shift atm tho :( that engine cooking misshap at mallory took its toll on the tubby ! (bad shaft wear had worn away the blades :eek:)

P6061106.JPG

P6091125.JPG

Not always the head gasket, if the car has been standing a while you will get condensation in the rocker cover....which is more often than not the cause of the sludge being white. Wouldn't worry about it unless your coolant starts dropping.
Water out the tail pipe is normal from start up, there's water in petrol!!!!!

WDIDT?

Insured the Red car and took it for MOT. The guy looked at and said not point for putting it through MOT since is has holes on both sides at the corner of wheel arch and sills:(. I told him this was like this last year and they passed it:(. He said no he will fail it unless it is welded. (here is the video).

Went to a friend who is doing welding, he said bring it tomorrow because his ram(is it called that) is not free and his colleague is using it to fix a car.

Shall I weld it or use some fiber glass staff?

Ordered some blue premixed coolant which be delivered in 2-4 days time.

Noticed the belt which is connected to the alternator has broken parts. Do I have change it? What is called? What about the other one? Do they came is pairs or separate? What shall I order?

Regards

I've been having intermittent engine dying issues that have been getting steadily worse over the last week or so. So tonight it was time to rule out some easy stuff, new air and fuel filters went in - air filter was mank and the fuel that washed back out of the filter was black! Popped the dizzy cap off too - definitely seen better days and will get a replacement ordered soon, but for know the corrosion was removed from the tip of the rotor arm and the contacts. Unsurprisingly its running better now, and didn't die during the run out I had later, so fingers crossed it's good for work tomorrow.

Took mine to the garage a few weeks back, the problem went (balljoint) and it seems to be rattling a bit again but no-where near as bad. My water guard near the cross member's snapped and was rattling, decided to keep it on though using cable ties until I want to rip it off.

Back