what did you do to your micra today ?

...Insurance does have an purpose after all :p
...one of those things you think/hope you'll never need, but golly your glad you have it when you do ;)
at least you know the cause now too, probably more annoying if you were still in the dark over how it started h701

I certainly am glad I do. It'd of been worse if I was there but I wasn't so I haven't the worst memoriesof the day. It'll hit me later what's happened.
Onwards and upwards. Ive an impreza thing to build

WDIDT?

The whole week spent on cleaning the axle. Used drill with wire brush and Kurust. Painted Hammerite black.
Here is the video.

Raised the rear side of car and looked under neath it and there are some rust forming. Here is the video.

Today took it to garage to fit the axle but 2 of the bushes seized :(.

The garage was insisting in cutting the arm (lower one) and get a new one to which I did not agree. I left the garage and came home to find a solution with the help you lots. Called the local scrappies and none had the arms. One told they had but when I went there they did not know that part!

I found this bushes in eBay. Are they any good?
Does any have a pair of those arms lying around disused?

Regards

my whole car needs doing ;) ll

Blimey...maybe this could be my new business? :p
....takes me about.....
4 days to do one panel LOL....
3 if you have a big enough shed to park in :D
and only 2 if you rub it back and mask it up for me first :p
I have no training/Qualification...and the upperbody strenth of an ant...I can lift ten times their body weight too ;)

...Hmmm ....not sure it'll work out, y'know? :rolleyes:

Blimey...maybe this could be my new business? :p
....takes me about.....
4 days to do one panel LOL....
3 if you have a big enough shed to park in :D
and only 2 if you rub it back and mask it up for me first :p
I have no training/Qualification...and the upperbody strenth of an ant...I can lift ten times their body weight too ;)

...Hmmm ....not sure it'll work out, y'know? :rolleyes:

ive already done under the bonnet nice purple lol

@h701micra
I'm sorry to read about your disaster today. It's unbelievable how fast something like that happens and I'm pleased you're all OK. It sounds like you have a great team with you too so good luck with the phoenix rising moment.

I usually use "hyrcan phoenix" as my usual name for things.
Forget what it means
Hopefully the Nissanubaru wrx project will go smoothly now

I do have a good bunch and I appreciate them and everything they do especially now :)
No point being miserable though its happened I cant change it so onwards and upwards hopefully
Starting with a demon tweeks trip this weekend :)

I usually use "hyrcan phoenix" as my usual name for things.
Forget what it means
Hopefully the Nissanubaru wrx project will go smoothly now

I do have a good bunch and I appreciate them and everything they do especially now :)
No point being miserable though its happened I cant change it so onwards and upwards hopefully
Starting with a demon tweeks trip this weekend :)
Is that the one with the bunch down in cornwall? With matey who just bought the sr20 micra?

blimey h701 thank god the fellas are ok and learnt bout bad extension cables n fuel vapours from it. hope the recovery of resources goes back smoothly.

Jen, fab work girl

Fitted rear coilies, really unhappy with them, The fronts are perfect, the rears are garbage. Does anyone wanna swap polo rear coilies that don't wind down the last inch and a half for corsa rear shocks and cut springs?

H701micra
Sorry to hear that buddy....
Like everyone has said atleast you were all ok. Possessions can be replaced buddy.... Lives can't :/
Chloe
X

WDIDT - Ans : Lots....

- Sorted the GA15 TB (see separate post on this)
- Drained the oil, removed filter
- Removed cat and following section, to get a cat replacement pipe made up during the week
- Adjusted (and hopefully sorted) dodgy hyd h/brake
- Replaced some worn away ex manifold heat wrap

Ok so the GA15 TB saga........

Had a brainwave this morning over breakfast, that i could use my known good K11 TB, clamp the butterfly open and then stick this on top of the GA15 TB where the AFM wire was glowing red, and then plug the AFM plug into the top and good AFM.
Started up and she ran soooo much better, had to hot the top TB in place but it worked fine and proved the rest of the GA15 TB worked ok.

Pic 1
https://twitter.com/MattEndeanRally/status/343316487861305344/photo/1

So I started on removing the GA15 TB, that was fine and then started work on removing the AFM circuit, had to remove throttle position sensor to do this, luckily marking the position with red paint work ok to put it back where it came from. Got the cover plate off and tried the usual soldering trick but no change, so i then set to remove the circuit and sensor this was ok, but i had to cut the connections to the plug. Did the same from my spare K11 TB, battling against screws not wanting undo what is it with Nissan screws why are all soo tight ? Went to kit the K11 AFM circuit and then spotted the GA15 one was broken see below pic, also they are different in circuit design and fit, had to wrap a lot of PTFE tape around the sensor to fill up the bigger hole in the side of GA15 TB. Then i had to link up the cut connectors , so i made up some short link wires and soldered these into place.

Broken AFM

https://twitter.com/MattEndeanRally/status/343374909210243073/photo/1

What it should look like

https://twitter.com/MattEndeanRally/status/343375234189119488/photo/1

Wiring mods

https://twitter.com/MattEndeanRally/status/343390976976510978/photo/1

Then i thought back to running with the GA15 TB and thought the idle control valve wasn't working, I found out why, it was seized shut, so I swapped this over as well.

I then put it all back together and got to use my new Hylomar Blue Instant Gasket in a spray can, which i got instead of a tube from ebay and its great.

And hey presto it works, not tried it on the road yet to see if it makes much of a difference, but i would like to think a change from a 44mm dia TB to 51mm TB should make some difference.

hi all just wondering if anyone is interested in a super s bumper C/W driving lights for a prefacelift k11 ? also I have 3 steel rims if interested ?? PM me for further details if interested :( sad to see them go since I lost poor bessy

Wdid: went to a local car show with Celina and Louis

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370792373.199491.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370792399.006164.jpg

That's Louis behind the wheel of a k13 (his choice not mine)

WDID used it to collect my new computer i won on ebay :), painted the rocker cover pics in my blog,
while i was there took the dizzy cap off and cleaned it up a lil, and checked the valve clearences all seems good :)

Shock tube is dented nd they won't wind down all the way. My pair specifically not all polo rears
Hows the shock tube dented? are you using an adjustable rod mate? .. to be fair i have been looking for polo coil rears for time now and have corsa shock/springs that i want rid of.. but not if your having trouble with them? :\

I think the car they came off was crashed and I wasn't told, the dented tube means they won't wind down far enough for lows.
1370799660748.jpg

I don't trust them so won't be passing them on I'm afraid, yeah I have a nodrod on, thats not the issue.
I ordered a pair of corsa rear coilovers to fit, I'd rather firm lows than comfy but might pop shocks/pop through shock mount lows...

WDIDT?

Wanted to change the oil and oil filter on my red car since the silver one is going to be off road for the foreseeable future. After draining the old oil found out that the oil sump washer is not of copper type:(. Thanks to my neighbor who kindly give a left to Halfords in Altrincham. Halfords did not have sump washer for Nissan. The nearest they had was a ford which was a white plastic I think and a rover(non Hnoda) which was copper but the much wider then the sump plug I had in my hand :(. Found one those non copper from local shop round the corner and fitted that. To sum up: Changed the oil and oil filter.

And here is the videos and is the other one.

Couple of observation:

1. Found out that the oil cap/cover had a creamy stuff:(. Should I be worried about it? Why is that? What causes it?
2. The old oil was almost 3 litters (it did not fill a milk bottle)

Should I be worried about? What should I do?

Regards

Agree with Karl, it doesn't sound good Hazara. Didn't you say previously that you were getting water out of exhaust too? Sounds suspiciously like head gasket mate :(
edit: though if there's only a small amount of mayo under the cap it could be condensation in rocker cover that hasn't been burnt off. Sometimes a good run will burn it off

Back