what did you do to your micra today ?

WDIDT ? a post mortem on the corsa piston engine :)
here,s the source of the rod-knock ! (2 mullered shells from cyl # 1)

P5191050.JPG
P5191053.JPG

could that be why its not always going off itself? it looks like its maybe ment to be attatched to the condesor looking bit above?

could that be why its not always going off itself? it looks like its maybe ment to be attatched to the condesor looking bit above?
iirc the autochoke was wired directly to the alt, so that it would only retract while the engine was running (and not if you accidentally left the ign on)

iirc the autochoke was wired directly to the alt, so that it would only retract while the engine was running (and not if you accidentally left the ign on)
im having problems sometimes it high idless and i can move the trottle lever on the carb back and the idle drops is that it?

Pretty resilient then! What hg is that? I'm trying to find a cheap but reliable one for the high comp. Don't fancy re channeling everything for the mls one though lol

why does the bloomin signature keep resetting?

Pretty resilient then! What hg is that? I'm trying to find a cheap but reliable one for the high comp. Don't fancy re channeling everything for the mls one though lol

why does the bloomin signature keep resetting?
that was a £12 ebay one joe, pretty good imo :)

WDIDT?

Put the carpet back on, fitted the fronts seats, drained old brake fluid, washed, used T-cut and waxed. Its all shiny and ready for MOT. Since underneath the rear seat was very oily applied some mud to absorb it out.

Things still left to do:

1. Insurance.
2. MOT
3 VOSA

Regards

Why the loose belt?
i removed the idler years ago scott, and fitted a shorter (fairly slack) belt, its been fine for everyday use, but this new one that i fitted last week is even slacker :rolleyes: (its a 4pk610, which should have been shorter than the previous 4pk613 i,ve been using for years)

P5201058.JPG

WDIDT ? tested the coolant flow, to see if my loose (idler removed) waterpump belt was the cause of my overheating at mallory).
it does seem to lack flow @ higher rpm !

water pump could be cavitating at high rpm, maybe a smaller crank pulley or larger water pump pulley to see if it flows better?

water pump could be cavitating at high rpm, maybe a smaller crank pulley or larger water pump pulley to see if it flows better?
i think i.ll try a lightly sprung idler first, i prefer the full pulley contact and lowered parasitic losses from the slack belts and big alternator pulley :)

i think i.ll try a lightly sprung idler first, i prefer the full pulley contact and lowered parasitic losses from the slack belts and big alternator pulley :)
I thought drive belts were around 97% efficient at correct tensio ? Can't be that much parasitic loss from a light tensioner?

reported the person who crashed into it to the police

Attachments

• 1369065212008.jpg
    1369065212008.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 314
  • 1369065228041.jpg
    1369065228041.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 1369065238978.jpg
    1369065238978.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 280
he reversed into the spot in front of me by driving through my bumper and walked off. Its probably uninsured looks like a pikey van inside. He cracked the bumper, took chunks out of the plastic and paint, took all my strength not to take a tire iron to his windows. Fuming.

k11 004.JPG
k11 003.JPG
wdidt
bought some seat covers for my bundle of joy. £6.99 Local halfords clearance sale. Decided to take the seats out and fit them, adjustments needed. Opinions please magic micra owners.

he reversed into the spot in front of me by driving through my bumper and walked off. Its probably uninsured looks like a pikey van inside. He cracked the bumper, took chunks out of the plastic and paint, took all my strength not to take a tire iron to his windows. Fuming.

Did you tell your insurance company?

Needed two tyres, when they asked from brand I said "Errr, Nankangs or something". Expecting Nankangs. But no.

Plenty of people also call Nankangs ditch finders, but oddly Micra owners seem to rate them, perhaps goes to show how tyres vary from size to size and car to car. Well they certainly gave you a something tyre :p

Plenty of people also call Nankangs ditch finders, but oddly Micra owners seem to rate them, perhaps goes to show how tyres vary from size to size and car to car. Well they certainly gave you a something tyre :p

Similar priced. According to the ratings, Rotalla is 1 grade better for fuel, but 2 grades worse for wet grip.

Can't find any info on them stretched which has me concerned.

Can't find any info on them stretched which has me concerned.

My understanding on stretched tyres is that grip is nowhere near as good when mounted that way. I've no experience, but I suppose starting with a hard none grippy tyre just makes the situation even worse.
It sounds like you have no choice but to swap tyres.

Not sure which ones you have? but they get poor reviews if this one is representive http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Rotalla/F108.htm

scary http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Rotalla/F105.htm

My understanding on stretched tyres is that grip is nowhere near as good when mounted that way. I've no experience, but I suppose starting with a hard none grippy tyre just makes the situation even worse.
It sounds like you have no choice but to swap tyres.

Not sure which ones you have? but they get poor reviews if this one is representive http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Rotalla/F108.htm

scary http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Rotalla/F105.htm

Mine are F109's which don't seem to be much better. I'm stuck with these for now, if they're truly that bad I will swap them. Argh.
http://www.tyretest.com/summercar_tyres/rotalla/f109/index.html

Back