what did you do to your micra today ?

268537_524837510873237_1866307228_n.jpg

msc sticker ;)

I would have thought thats fine Neil, that bag has loads more volume than your plenum/cylinders. Thats just my thought on it, wheres all the turbo nutters when you need em?? ;)

I would have thought thats fine Neil, that bag has loads more volume than your plenum/cylinders. Thats just my thought on it, wheres all the turbo nutters when you need em?? ;)

I guess sob:)

Well at least the turbo works after I rebuilt it, plus it does have that massive crack in it!

Hmmm..Clocked over the 100,000 miles & repaired the 12v/ciggy output (for Sat-nav use & many more miles n smiles) ..Good day at the office i'd say.. :cool:

WDIDT?

Before I stripped these back seats out... Today, I strip these seat belts and also door cards. Need to remove these trim parts and dashboard soon. Going to make my car's interior satin black!

Since feb, i got this car so it was 69215miles. Right now, its 900046 miles! Going to swap another 1.0 engine so will rebuild on my first engine soon. Looking forward to do it :)

i bent a curvature in my trailing arms to cure that joe :) they pulled the axle forwards

I wish i had the tools/knowledge to do that accurately! I think if i attempted it i'd end up with rear wheel steering :s
Might look into adjustable panhard rods though, i think the issue will go away with the axle truly centered... least i hope so!

I wish i had the tools/knowledge to do that accurately! I think if i attempted it i'd end up with rear wheel steering :s
Might look into adjustable panhard rods though, i think the issue will go away with the axle truly centered... least i hope so!
they bent with surprising ease joe :) (they are hollow tubes) adjustable ones would be safer tho i guess

First post so best start the way I mean to carry on; I removed the engine from my car today along with a bout of DIY tuning (removed front Cat, changed HT leads, chopped springs, set gaps on Bosch Super 4 plugs ready for new engine to arrive et cetera)

Engine and Gearbox out
734922_10151373460401054_317956220_n.jpg

HT leads stripped to reuse the useful parts.
312469_10151373460346054_2035645258_n.jpg

Measured up the struts ready for a wee bit of grinding
184507_10151373460561054_2116974124_n.jpg

Chopped and resprayed
407904_10151373460691054_2101159147_n.jpg

Cat removed
309520_10151373460131054_1765504044_n.jpg

Enough for one day me thinks!

get the wing off to bang it out and it'l look much better, bit off filler prob and done

Yep i had it out, used a bar with a rubber tip and slowly worked it all out but the paint is creased from the dents so there is no 100% fix, shame... so far from a couple steps back (and good lighting lol) looks perfect better then the picture.

I also realigned the bumper as it was about 1cm inward (if not more)

Not so much what did I do today :(
IMAG0173_zps7f0a61ad.jpg

Thanks white van man for doing this and just fooking off! :mad:
This on the other hand will make some people happy ;)
IMAG0177_zps3b5d1173.jpg

Broke sidelight but was able to hot glue it back together, bumper was ripped off but its broken plastic fastenings on inside of bumper so ideally both will need replacing at some point.

Thought you may like it Karlj, if I remember correctly you have voiced your dislike of yellow lights on more than one occasion ;)

Nah, he just fooked off mate. Somebody did get his reg so gonna be on the lookout for him! :rolleyes: With everything thats going on lately with this motor it may be telling me to go ahead with what we were talking about the other day ;)

Nah, he just fooked off mate. Somebody did get his reg so gonna be on the lookout for him! :rolleyes: With everything thats going on lately with this motor it may be telling me to go ahead with what we were talking about the other day ;)

That's harsh! Hate those sorts of people :(

You could see it that way......but I wouldn't let the car win! ;)

That's harsh! Hate those sorts of people :(

You could see it that way......but I wouldn't let the car win! ;)
Its pretty obvious he knew he'd done it cos witness said it went with a right bang...and alarm went off! Wanker! Must admit Neil since doing head gasket and water pump it is running better than ever (hastily touches wood.......and not in a rude way!) and have pretty much fallen in love with it again :rolleyes:

Back