what did you do to your micra today ?

Seats in today :)
52124160-B2F2-45F0-9022-E7DE9E16FD1E-632-0000011F8D31DEB8.jpg

Having read a 54 page thread on a land rover forum, I added 200ml of semi-synthetic 2 stroke oil to my tank and filled with diesel! Modern low sulphur diesel doesn't have enough lubricity to protect the high pressure pump and injectors. 2 stroke oil (It has to be a particular grade) burns hotter and cleaner than diesel and is a superb lubricant of pump and injectors so the net effect is that the pump and injectors live forever and the additives in the 2 stroke, and the hotter cleaner burning, keep the pistons, valves and turbine spotlessly clean :).

Heh you can run a car on just about anything.

I know someone who run his car on a bit of fuel and mostly thinners he robbed from work :rolleyes:

It has to be JASO 'FC' standard. The stuff I got was Shell for £13 a litre but it can be as low as £2-3 if you hunt around and a litre does 5 tanks :).

As to cost, if this stuff protects the fuel pump and injectors I don't care what it costs. The injector for the 160SR I bought was £108. That would be a mere down-payment on a diesel injector :eek:.

Ah just noticed you said it ain't running at all. She is probs flooded. Take the fuel pump fuse out and turn her over for a while seen if she chugs in to life. Replace fuse

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Spent about an hour with the wet and dry paper and Autoglym resin polish to sort out the paint, that I messed up, on the rear 1/4 panel...looks as good as new now...stupidly forgot to take before and after shots though *facepalm*
(where i hadn't taken enough time to flatten it back in the summer dirt had caused seriously ghastly streaking down the side...black streaks on a white car?...not a good look <_< )
may still not be exactly the same white, as it's newer paint, but is far less noticeable noe that it is white again ;)

I've cut up, filled, and sprayed my front grill, planning on sticker bombing it but it still hasn't come in the post yet, so thought if I don't get it on time the white will look better.
20130101144150.jpg

20130101144704.jpg

Its only had one coat at the moment.

Sorted problem with loom knocking in drivers door after fitting the electric windows... Thought well as the door is off I'll upgrade speakers too mmm Vibe Slicks...

WDIDT ? fitted a diesel exh recirc valve :) to cure my compressor surge (maybe the primary cause of my turbine shaft/bearing wear over the past 1 yr)
and fitted a listening device :) (the little pipe shoved up the port) to hear if it was blowing off ok

P1020503.JPG

WDIDT ? fitted a diesel exh recirc valve :) to cure my compressor surge (maybe the primary cause of my shaft/bearing wear over the past 1 yr)
and fitted a listening device :) (the little pipe shoved up the port) to hear if it was blowing off ok

View attachment 21568

Nice!
Get the s/c on!

Iv done this today

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357139283.186413.jpg

........was gunna put a BOV on, but is a recirculating valve better?

Nice!
Get the s/c on!

Iv done this today

........was gunna put a BOV on, but is a recirculating valve better?

lookin good neil :cool: a recirc is quieter eh, i have it piped into the (work in progress) airbox, and the diesel exh recirc valve is slightly open @ idle, and only closes fully at about minus 10psi (i think a bov is jerked open when you actually shut the throttle, and is closed @ idle ?)

P1020505.JPG

What's the postage like? When I bought my apexi postage was a joke

Plenty, bad thing with panels is they can have a large equivalent weight due to their volume. Shipping was circa £160.

Landed, they fit into that price bracket people call stupid because they cost more than some people spent buying their whole car.

It's also why I said these were cheap http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/f-s-k11-front-fibre-glass-wide-arch-wings-with-vents.54434/

I suppose one can always take some scaffold pole and attempt a ghetto arch flare...

Achieved 34MPG motorway driving, that's coming from 41ltr in the tank, 137.9 Vpower and 321miles although I've just filled the car up again and it wouldn't take more than 36ltrs so there was plenty more miles in the tank......

Nothing, (as usual), but the Aspect arches finally arrived despite Parcel Force's 'attempted deliveries' prior to the festive break.

I nearly bought those ones before i went with the arches. :) Looks like they survived the shipping process without issues, which always a good thing. :)

Achieved 34MPG motorway driving.

Sounds similar to mine and that's with lots of on boost buggering about haha.

I've done nothing to mine for ages, I'm planning to get some pics and vids (will have only taken me about two years lol) but apart from that i can't decide what to do to / with it tbh. :)

Sounds similar to mine and that's with lots of on boost buggering about haha.

I've done nothing to mine for ages, I'm planning to get some pics and vids (will have only taken me about two years lol) but apart from that i can't decide what to do to / with it tbh. :)

If i work it out and there was that extra 5ltrs in there im looking at 40mpg making 360miles, it wasnt all motorway driving though and with the odd boosting too. Very hard to cruise for a whole tank eh?

And yeah we want videos! And you could always throw in a turbo ;)

If i work it out and there was that extra 5ltrs in there im looking at 40mpg making 360miles, it wasnt all motorway driving though and with the odd boosting too. Very hard to cruise for a whole tank eh?

And yeah we want videos! And you could always throw in a turbo ;)

Haha, i find it hard to cruise for about 30mins without being seduced to boost. All my mpg's are very rough estimates, based on "normal" driving.

As much as i'd like to try, i dont think i'll be adding anything more to mine.

I nearly bought those ones before i went with the arches. :) Looks like they survived the shipping process without issues, which always a good thing. :)

Yeah, we made sure they were packaged properly ;)

These were a perfect choice as we only needed an additional ~20mm in order to accommodate the brake and wheel package we have spec'd up. Plus they don't detract from the overall approach of the build.

Back