• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Green Mean MAchine Project ! :D

fingers crossed my plasti dip matte black paint comes tomorrow so i can make a start on the respray..bonnet first for a test

very nice choice of color here ! and brake stuff
SAM_0159.jpg
thanks buddy !! :D

my grayston 32mm wheel spacers came this morn, along with my black plasti dip spray paint

heres the spacers before and after

BEFORE
spacersbefore_zpsa24a0309.jpg

AFTER
spacersafter_zps057e9a5b.jpg

Satin Black Bonnet, The texture is rough underneath due to the plasti dip, i couldnt be bothered removing it all, so just sprayed over with matte black..

blackbonnet1_zpsb696d858.jpg

blackbonnet2_zps2c25b484.jpg

okay... so i lost the bid due to me not having pay pal.. i always use my card....ahh well...bought an adjustable fuel pressure regulator instead!

few little extras added...oh yeah... and a flat tyre..
so ive got a white steel spare on, till i get myself down to discount tyres...

CAI moved towards front of car, near the grille / nostrils
a9_zpsd7b82ac2.jpg

a10_zpsf6ad45d2.jpg

Meshed my front grille
a8_zps213731a9.jpg

as you can see, CAI right behind grille now
a7_zpsab0ab16f.jpg

a6_zps8eb7a6d2.jpg

shot of the whole car
a5_zps76a067b4.jpg

pink dice dust caps :D
a4_zps44914f76.jpg

flourecent pink status error sticker :D
a3_zps337836b0.jpg

thats the spare wheel...
a2_zpsc180f77d.jpg

a1_zpsa8d894af.jpg

How did you go about meshing the grill mate? :)

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2
basically you know the 3 nuts that hold the grille in place? 3 each side? well, i put the mesh over the bolts, so the thread just about poked through, then tightened the nut a lot, but the front one was tightly cable tied, as the bolt is in awkward place, so mesh wouldnt bend that much, give me a min and i'll go take a pic for you

im giving up on her :( sadly i crashed yesterday coz of some stupid jogger, sweverd to avoid her, she ran in front of me, my left front and rear passenger doors are dented in, whole left side is scratched up and big hole in bottomn of door, and i sitll have to pay for a spare tire, and a holiday and a £2000 insurance in july :'( i cant afford it :'(

So long as the doors shut and can't "swing open" by themselves I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Just get a door or two in the near future.
thats true, would i fail mot for that door rust? or is it just the sills that fails ? and other important parts?

Not 100% sure on that.

I can't see it being a huge problem but I'm not sure if doors are classed as "structural" on an MOT?
i see where your coming from, like the doors are just accessories if that makes sense? as it doesnt really hold the car together, like sills, chasis, suspension, main shell bla bla bla,

been a while guys!
anyway, i wanted custom door cards, so i went out to halfords to get some plastic primer & white gloss, me and my girl then went mad with the paint and came up with this! the orange speaker grill was done using left over paint from my rocker cover :)
540925_582058611805700_1261184023_n_zps5dbb1aed.jpg

a few days later, i got sick of the paint cracking off the door handle surrounds as the paint didn't stick very well to the primer, no idea why, so i ordered an a4 stickerbomb sheet to try out, again my girlfriends idea, as i wasnt too keen on the stickerbomb look, but it arrived, and on my day off, came up with this!
and now i love it !
544636_583761864968708_904362480_n_zps1f1a648e.jpg

Back