• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

CraigIC's K11 GX Project

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
I can't either mate! Dont know when it'll happen (if ever!) but when it does I'll be a happy chappy :D ha

Yep no good looking the same as everyone else there's no fun in that for me lol :D
Paint the boot handle white instead of leaving it black? Or replace it with the flat black handle and paint that white? Haha Ive been through all of these ideas, settled on the white facelift handle with black insert, purely because I thought it would have looked too white to me with the whole handle painted lol :p, but if we have any paint left, might give it a go if i can get hold of a handle, just out of interest mate :)

Yeah I need to rewire the march lights so I can switch easily between them and the clear pair on the car until I decide which ones I want to use as well, but where to start with that I dont know! Think my dad might tackle it when he has some free time lol

Is that to bend it into shape? Cheers for the tip :), I just hope when I come to do it that its just warped plastic and not the metal/bodge etc we put inside the bumper when it was built out, otherwise it'll be slightly more work lol :D

Might get a few pics of the inside today, not much different apart from the pick'n'mix black trim and front seats though lol

Maybe the prefacelift handle would be cool, i recon the facelift handle looks a bit odd with the tiny bit of black there but its still ace all the same bro!

OP
OP
CraigIC
3rd brake light fitted properly today, and also fitted the black shelf with the speakers taken from the oem grey shelf, ill post pics up when I get some!
Also got a clip for the rear poppy out windows.. Top drivers side clip went missing somehow within the past year! :p

622805_275130809270844_1304831161_o_zps2d767fc5.jpg

There you go mate

OP
OP
CraigIC
God I'm slow!

Got a full time job after several months of work experience, hence haven't really done much..

Anyways, third brake light fitted (taken from a facelift bootlid):
Rear_3rd_Light1_zps0d2ab7c5.jpg

Black rear parcel shelf (from a face-lift face-lift, with OEM Speakers and grill covers mounted):
BlackRearShelfWithSpeakers_zpsfb6ba6b1.jpg

CloseupBlackShelf_zpsb0d7dd66.jpg

My battle scars from the 'recent' cold weather:
Paint_zps2bdb55df.jpg

MorePaint_zps1daf3412.jpg

..Good excuse to paint it again and do it properly this time! Mustn't have keyed it up properly when it was first painted! :(

Still to do:
Knock up some adapters to fit my rear march cab lights
Fit underbonnet sound deadener
Wrap Rover Streetwise rear seats onto micra frames to replace the awfullll orange micra rear seats
Wrap/Dye spare door cards, to match the interior colour scheme
'Nismo' dustcaps need putting on
(Maybe Find an sr20 donor car! Or a GA16 donor and swap with the brother)
Also remove the rear window rubber - I know somebody has done this but couldn't remember who it was? Anybody know how easy it is and if it has any after effects?

Still to do: for chogy Knock up some adapters to fit my rear march cab lights
Fit underbonnet sound deadener
Wrap Rover Streetwise rear seats onto micra frames to replace the awfullll orange micra rear seats
Wrap/Dye spare door cards, to match the interior colour scheme I've suddenly developed
'Nismo' dustcaps need putting on
(Maybe Find an sr20 donor car! Or a GA16 donor and swap with the brother)
Also remove the rear window rubber

carnt wait o_O

OP
OP
CraigIC
Soo yeah picked up a half finished 2litre sr20 conversion. Plans are currently: sort out the conversion and drop n swap it with the engine in my current car.

Might take the engine out and paint the engine bay, god knows what, I'm thinking cliche rising sun, or something similar, any suggestions anyone? Its a nice blank canvas atm :D