• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Mean Green Scene Machine

Ran 185/65 on my 6 inch wide 14's and currently running 175/60 on my stock 13's, you'll never see a hint of stretch on any of my wheels it's just not my thing at all. I'm Going to be running 185/55 on my wellers (13x7) once I've finished painting them

Have to agree with Karl - it depends on your brand. My Toyos have a chunky overhang that sticks out beyond the rim. Obviously won't protect against slamming it into a curve but deffo prevents day to day damage.

My tyres aparently have 'rim protection' but then again that are quite stretched. And as the title states it's a scene machine and all the scene kids have mad stretch + poke ;)

Very true, my old alloys had some stretch but that was mainly due to the "rim protection" pulling the walls out, not the tyres pulling in. then again it didnt matter they were shocking condition (2nd hand) so i got new ones

Sweet, thats only an hour from me at home :) although i figure i'll have to save a bit for parts!

Is there really nowhere else to get 50mm springs? I guess barker you wanna avoid cut springs?

Nowhere else sells 50mm or 60mm springs, i was quoted just over £200 including delivery and VAT for a set, but if you want springs you know will fit and be safe, im afraid you'll have to pay the price :)

Is there anywhere else other than Matt Humprhies i can get 50mm springs?

£160 is a bit steep for me

If you really do get them cut, try and get them welded so the springs can't pop out the cups at the front or simply fall out at the back. Also remember cut springs ruins the ride completely, bouncy and no cushioning on standard shocks.

I had my rear springs cut clean down the middle so 1 rear spring became 2 which I use for each side, and it got me down about 100mm+ but ride was awful, wouldn't recommend it.

skymera said:
try and get them welded so the springs can't pop out the cups.

don't follow this advise, if you need to secure springs into their cups then wire them in. Heating them up can have adverse affects on the springs

don't follow this advise, if you need to secure springs into their cups then wire them in. Heating them up can have adverse affects on the springs

And cutting them ruins the springs characteristics completely...

It's just a suggestion, I've had cars done like that before.

I had my rear springs cut clean down the middle so 1 rear spring became 2 which I use for each side, and it got me down about 100mm+ but ride was awful, wouldn't recommend it.
100mm is where the bumpstops make contact, you would be constantly sitting on them with only 1/2 a spring (and the springs were doing sweet FA) hence the hard ride

Will not be getting them cut. ive already got the parts for a matiz front and corsa shocks set up but im getting lowering springs instead just for peace of mind.

Anyone wanna buy corsa b rear shocks or matiz rear springs (for front dampers)?

Well i paid £30 and i've never posted anything before so you'd have to bare with me but £25 posted? Depending on how much itll be like

100mm is where the bumpstops make contact, you would be constantly sitting on them with only 1/2 a spring (and the springs were doing sweet FA) hence the hard ride

I had no bump stops, but my standard Micra shocks were pretty knackered and ineffective

Well i paid £30 and i've never posted anything before so you'd have to bare with me but £25 posted? Depending on how much itll be like

ok,if youve still got them come payday ill take them for £25 posted.it will be in a couple of weeks.

Went to the scrappy today and came back with a front offside wing in red, an almera airbox, and a number in my phonebook for a lad thats buying my micra alloys tomorrow for £100 plus his steelies. Met him and his mate there, they were looking at the same micra and they helped me get the wing off, two very decent lads, one of them is building a pre-facelift 1.0L for track use.

Not sure wether to whack the wing on while ite red or try spray it/get it sprayed. Also not sure about whacking hte airbox on, it sounds simple but i bet in reality when i go to do it it's not.

Went to the scrappy today and came back with a front offside wing in red, an almera airbox, and a number in my phonebook for a lad thats buying my micra alloys tomorrow for £100 plus his steelies. Met him and his mate there, they were looking at the same micra and they helped me get the wing off, two very decent lads, one of them is building a pre-facelift 1.0L for track use.

Not sure wether to whack the wing on while ite red or try spray it/get it sprayed. Also not sure about whacking hte airbox on, it sounds simple but i bet in reality when i go to do it it's not.

Are those guys on here somewhere? Mines a 1L so i wanna see what they can get out of it!
Which year/engine almera did u get the airbox off? Was considering a similar airflow upgrade for mine, maybe a bigger throttlebody too :)
Sounds like you got a good deal on the wheels :)

Are those guys on here somewhere? Mines a 1L so i wanna see what they can get out of it!
Which year/engine almera did u get the airbox off? Was considering a similar airflow upgrade for mine, maybe a bigger throttlebody too :)
Sounds like you got a good deal on the wheels :)

He mentioned the forum but i got the impression he doesn't post. And its the n15, not sure on the exact year but youll know when you see it, it looks just like the Micra one just bigger.
And yeah the wheels have good tyres on them so its about right.

Went to put the ga16 airbox on today but ran into some problems. Cant disconnect the breather pipe as its too damn hard and i dont want to break anything. And cant get to the jubilee clip cause the PAS resivoir gets in the way of the screwdriver, altthough i may havr a shorter one.

Couple of questions to those with the GA16 airbox...
- What size breather filter do i need to get?
- on the airbox there's a thin tube coming from just near the mesh, i think it was plugged into the TB on the Almera, do i need it?
- The position for the screw on the GA16 one is in a difference place to the CG13 one, what do?

Cheers

I know with disconnecting the breather on mine it was quite tight but nothing broke when i pulled it off its all quite solid,and the jubilee clip was quite loose so i just twisted the box a bit to lift it off. I assume your disconnecting the breather from the airbox not the other end right?

Right cant buy the springs, just rang Matt Humphries up and the price of the 50mm springs is over £200 and im not paying that. I told him on the price list it said £157 and he said the prices have been updates March 2012. One problem after another.

Does it make much of a difference?

Well when u lift off the airbox theres the breather pipe coming out of the bottom of it and its easy to disconnect there, the other end of it i never traced but i would think its more solidly fixed as the airbox is more often meant to be fiddled with. give the airbox a twist off and you'll find theres the rubber breather pipe still holding it, just pull it off and you have the bare throttlebody and the breather you can lodge between your HT leads while u work

Well when u lift off the airbox theres the breather pipe coming out of the bottom of it and its easy to disconnect there, the other end of it i never traced but i would think its more solidly fixed as the airbox is more often meant to be fiddled with. give the airbox a twist off and you'll find theres the rubber breather pipe still holding it, just putt it iff and you have the bare throttlebody and the breather you can lodge between your HT leads while u work
Im talking about the small pipe that comes from the corner of the valve cover and into the airbox

right, well now you know theres another one too haha. The one on the valve cover the airbox goes quite far into it, when i removed mine i turned the airbox so that it pulled out of the rubber elbow and left the tube on the cover end secure.

You can twist the box enough to ftee it of the throtlebody with the breather still attached if you like then just pull the airbox out of the end of it ive done it that way too.

Im sure ill figure it out one way or another! Need to know the size of the breather pipe though so i can get a filter ordered, and also the main filters on ebay for the 1.6 box look square whereas mine seems quite rectangular. There's sr20 filters that look similarly rectangular, but the airbox i have looks exactly like the one i should have! Grr.

i just used an "L" shaped rubber pipe
SDC12409.JPG

Right cant buy the springs, just rang Matt Humphries up and the price of the 50mm springs is over £200 and im not paying that. I told him on the price list it said £157 and he said the prices have been updates March 2012. One problem after another.
alrite fella....got some brand new tein 35mm lowering springs still in box corsa b g max uprated rear shocks n a janspeed strut brace if ur interested??

What colour are those tein springs? Also what kinda price? I wanna lower but cant afford it on insurance lol so if i do it needs to be subtle!

What colour are those tein springs? Also what kinda price? I wanna lower but cant afford it on insurance lol so if i do it needs to be subtle!
green also got a set of nissan 13" alloys springs shocks n strut brace posted for £150 £60 for alloys no tyres..

Hmm.. what strut brace is it? also do you know if the springs can be repainted? like with a rubber type paint? green is kinda obvious lol :)

Back