• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My lil' green Ruby

Nice project!
I'm always doubting about the handling if you replace the springs but not the dampers...

Cheers! its mainly a cosmetic thing at the moment, but I can definitely feel the difference in handling! Whenever I can afford it, I'll probably be uprating the shocks or sticking on coilovers anyway:p

It's been agesss, and not much has changed to be honest:oops:

apart from this!
steeringwheel.jpg

Just got the snap off boss to go on, and obviously the horn button which i need to work outo_O (considering im shocking with electrics) need to find myself a wooden gear knob aswelll. Absolutely love my new wheel though:D

Also managed to finally find a wrap around spoiler which i should be able to pick up at the end of the week, so stay tunedddd!:D

Hey bud...long time. I still love that green machine.
I've got a spare facia cover you could spray any colour you like.
Let me know if you're interested.

Hey bud...long time. I still love that green machine.
I've got a spare facia cover you could spray any colour you like.
Let me know if you're interested.

It has beeen! thank you:D thank you for the offer! Still not sure what i want to do with it to be honest, I wanted to do something a bit more cosy, like wrap it in fabric or flock it:rolleyes: something like that, that remains retro classy in keeping with the look im going for:p

It has beeen! thank you:D thank you for the offer! Still not sure what i want to do with it to be honest, I wanted to do something a bit more cosy, like wrap it in fabric or flock it:rolleyes: something like that, that remains retro classy in keeping with the look im going for:p
No, no :eek: keep it that bottle green...pleasssse.

DSC_0084_zpswb2chkts.jpg

Hello Josh. I think this will fit yours buddy, spray it to match your car, or anything you want it to look like.
From memory, it came out of a [HASHTAG]#march[/HASHTAG].
You can have it for the postage mate. I just rescued it out of curiosity. When these things are gone, they're gone..
Study it to see if its the same as yours.

DSC_0084_zpswb2chkts.jpg

Hello Josh. I think this will fit yours buddy, spray it to match your car, or anything you want it to look like.
From memory, it came out of a [HASHTAG]#march[/HASHTAG].
You can have it for the postage mate. I just rescued it out of curiosity. When these things are gone, they're gone..
Study it to see if its the same as yours.

Ahhhhh with you now! i thought you meant the central bit where all the radio and heater bits are:rolleyes: ill have a look to see if it fits, and if the lights are all in the right place. Fingers crossed, and if so yesss please!:)

Ahhhhh with you now! i thought you meant the central bit where all the radio and heater bits are:rolleyes: ill have a look to see if it fits, and if the lights are all in the right place. Fingers crossed, and if so yesss please!:)
I've got a centre consul as well bud, may be out of a facelift though, put a picture up of your consul mate.

I've got a centre consul as well bud, may be out of a facelift though, put a picture up of your consul mate.

hello mate, sorry I've taken a fair bit to reply been drowning in work:(
facia.jpg

if i could get that facia then that would be great please! as it looks like it should fit:) alsoo, my centre console:
centre console.jpg

although, i still haven't decided what i want to do here, so i may leave that one for the moment but cheers for the offer:)

Also a small update, finally managed to get a wrap around after a fair whilee. £20 and was just around the corner, so I couldn't let that pass up.
ruby spoiler.jpg

obviously needs a new lick of paint, so it'll probably be a while before it gets stuck on:p

also sanded and smoothed over some small hub caps for the banded steels, but they need painting along with the wheels so again that'll be probably be a while:rolleyes::p also really need to start saving up for some summer alloys:oops:

hello mate, sorry I've taken a fair bit to reply been drowning in work:(
View attachment 47005
if i could get that facia then that would be great please! as it looks like it should fit:) alsoo, my centre console:
View attachment 47006
although, i still haven't decided what i want to do here, so i may leave that one for the moment but cheers for the offer:)
Ok Josh. The facia looks ok, the consul may be not. I'll check them both tomorrow buddy.
I may have a green face tacho for your motor.
Pre face lift cable drive ?

Hello again Josh. The facia looks to be ok, the centre consul is totally different mate....so no good buddy.
PM me with your address, and I'll get the cost of the postage for you.

Gave a her a well deserved clean this weekend, my mate gave me a bottle of Fireball Korea's Easy Clearcoat which i have to say is fantastic. After i'd finished the washing stage and rinsed her down, while still wet; simply sprayed all over. Waited for about a minute and then rinsed down again. For such a quick and easy process the results are brilliant.

This is the second time I've used it, and it's lasted about 6 weeks, and probably would have lasted long if I hadn't re-applied:)

beading1.jpg

beading3.jpg

Apologies for the blurriness, but I was a bit late this morning and in a rush:rolleyes: I've been told it's now available in Europe, so will definitely be getting some more when my bottle runs out!:)

So today I started my "boot build" :D nothing too exciting, just sorting out the general appearance and a cool retro storage solution!:D

Starting offff: I've laid down a shaggy rug in purple of course:rolleyes:
carpet2.jpg

just simply traced the original mat the laid it on top!

For the rest of it, i think I'll leave as a surprise when i finally get the bits for it:p

Monthly Update!

Her wheels were starting to get a bit rusty and a few bits of paint missing so I thought it would be time for a refurb!
rubychillingoutsidebcft.jpg

The photo doesn't show them off very well, but they're a nice gunmetal gray colour now! Also smoothed some centre caps. Credit to my dad for painting them:p

Also started sorting my new gear stick, which is a chopped and drilled mini baseball bat:D just need to get that varnished, then I'll stick a picture up.

Japfest was madddd as well, although wasn't a huge fan of Silverstone:oops:
rubyblendingwithfives.jpg

Spoiler needs to go on still though:rolleyes:

Mate I really love your car! Inspiring me to get my springs and wheels fitted.did you fit yours yourself?

haha cheers man! means a lot:D I did indeed mate, had to rattle gun the top mount nuts of the fronts though as they were a bit tough, apart from that it quite straight forward.

Might as well add a quick update on as well:rolleyes:

Haven't done much for the past few months due to exams and other things but! She's staying forever, so I've got myself a new daily...

rubyandjas.jpg

Introducing Jas! 98k, no rust, loads of spare bits all for £725 which im quite happy with. She's a 91' Eunos import, of course in green:rolleyes:

The steels will probably be going on her soon, then its just saving up for coilovers and a (rather expensive:oops:) plan for some new wheels for Ruby.

haha cheers man! means a lot:D I did indeed mate, had to rattle gun the top mount nuts of the fronts though as they were a bit tough, apart from that it quite straight forward.

Might as well add a quick update on as well:rolleyes:

Haven't done much for the past few months due to exams and other things but! She's staying forever, so I've got myself a new daily...

View attachment 51036
Introducing Jas! 98k, no rust, loads of spare bits all for £725 which im quite happy with. She's a 91' Eunos import, of course in green:rolleyes:

The steels will probably be going on her soon, then its just saving up for coilovers and a (rather expensive:oops:) plan for some new wheels for Ruby.

Cool, I'll have a go at being a mechanic soon and get my springs fitted.

Congratulations on the mazda, by all accounts theyre very enjoyable cars to drive. definitely going to own one in the future... although a 200sx would be look great alongside my jellybean (preferably in cinnabar red)

Cool, I'll have a go at being a mechanic soon and get my springs fitted.

Congratulations on the mazda, by all accounts theyre very enjoyable cars to drive. definitely going to own one in the future... although a 200sx would be look great alongside my jellybean (preferably in cinnabar red)

Cheers man, yea definitely a decent little thing:p haha, go for the silvia if the option arises:rolleyes:

Back