• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

CraigIC's K11 GX Project

Acquired a 1L K11 GX on an R some time back with 66665 on the clock and its been sat in the yard for agesssss! Spotless car really in terms of any welding needed, crossmember was ok and the sils were also fine, an insane number of small dents though, meaning more fun and games when it comes to painting it
Too keen to start, this was the first photo I'd taken of the car:
1.jpg

..Covered in masking tape to mark every stupid little dent and half stripped front end to do a facelift to prefacelift conversion..

Under the 'workstation'/gazibo (absolutely NO room in the garage for it, seriously piled full of tools and parts) alongside another k11:
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/2.jpg
And another 2 :p :
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/3.jpg
And another...
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/5.jpg
And another!...
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/6.jpg

And as a bonus, tucked away right at the back, my dads K10:
Currently sat getting mouldy
7.jpg

Black roof faded down to a silver, bodykit moulded onto the car etc (..almost endless list)
8.jpg

Sadly not on the road, he cant get it to run right, and with other projects and work getting in the way, its not going to be on anytime in the very near future, but it will be eventually he's promised me that! (Y)

Anywayyyyyyyyyy back to my GX!
Since starting to strip the front end the only progress so far is that i've (read: mainly my dad) has got the good old bodge out and started to sand down and fill in the dents and scratches ready for its future paint job. Currently thinking about painting it a nice white colour.

Current Progress:
(Anything in red, won't be getting done, anything orange is in progress and green is done :D)
~Respray the whole car white, POSSIBLY give it a black roof (unsure, opinions??)

~Move the aerial from the back of the roof to in front of the sunroof and replace the standard one with a short stubby instead :p

~Super S body-kit and open mouth grill (Grill is cut and shaped, mesh still needs adding to it and the body-kit needs dragging out of the garage if we can find it!)

~ De-badged and de-stripped, along with removing all the stickers that it originally has

~Set of nice Nissan by Fondmetal 13" alloys to put on and paint (haven't decided on colour/s for the rim and spokes.. that's if i do them different colours for contrast? Open to ideas again and opinions please!
~Also replaced the original fondmetal centres with some much nicer centres from a set of 15"'s which got weighed in, making them look so much nicer

~Replace the current interior with a totally different one (pulled out a nice red stitch half 'leather' interior from a rover streetwise (originally destined for the brothers Robin Reliant Jubilee! ..until he decided to replace them with a different but similar set, leaving me the front seats and backs for my own car :D)

~Smooth bootlid replacing the ugly sticky out boot handle with a boot handle from the black 02reg above^ which is sat around ready to pinch some parts :p (de-locked and wiper removed, leaving the recess for the plate)

~Smooth petrol cap and install the pull catch for the bootlid/petrolcap (rifled from one of the other cars sat around aswell

~Stick in a set of clocks with a rev counter if i can find one

~Wrap around spoiler from the back of my vibe (already swapped bootlids purely for the spoiler :p).. leaving my previous car with the nasty handle and glue from the GX and Micra badges :/

~Nice big sub, and speakers in the parcel shelf, possibly replace the ones in the doors too if i do decide to get a good system (head units already been replaced with another one we pulled out of another car we sold on)

~Lower it (dont know how low i should go?.. Need to look into it at a later date!)

~Few cheap performance mods (new cams from a 1.3 sat in the yard doing nothing..if theyre not wrecked, de-cat/straight through, 'sporty' backbox (which is already sat in the back of the garage), ..basically everything EBBDude did in his Micro Micra Project for now until i get my grants and loans from durham :p

~Anything you guys suggest! Might be things I haven't even thought of!

Apologies for them not being the best photos as well, camera's a bit ####!

More to come soon guys, hope its interesting enough! :D
Dont forget to suggest some other ideas too!

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Good luck with the project mate, lots of micras there mate!, unfortunately my Dad only has lots of Fiats sat around :p

OP
OP
CraigIC
Cheers guys, should be a good project for me over summer, while im off uni :)

As for all the micras, that's not even all of them, there's now the other k10 (red) and my mams green/turquoise K11 SR on the drive.. and a black K11 sat outside the yard ;)

Anyway, onto my first update on the blog.
Ive just pulled apart a primera that was sat about between two of the micra's ready to be scrapped/torn apart for bits if need be, and claimed some lovely black seatbelt locky things for my new interior which is half in, the glasses visor thing from above the drivers door, and found a pound and a penny under the back seats! :p. Been rubbing down the wheels ive got aswell so that I can get them prepped ready for a paint job. Still unsure how to do them, but as they say, your shoes are the last thing you put on before you go out! :p

Ripping the seats out the primera :p:
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/primera.jpg

Removing (Removed*, i tend to do stuff first, photos come last :p) the seatbelt clicky thing from the seats:
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/seat.jpg

And thankfully enough they were a straight swap onto the rover seat bracket :D.
God my car needs a good clean inside! Itll get done at some point im sure :blush:
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/attached.jpg
Had to tighten them up with extra washers to make sure they didnt swing around loose, but other than that its been a great modding day today!..

More tomorrow i reckon if I'm not too hung over! Gonna get my wheels up if i can, and ask you lot for some good ideas!

OP
OP
CraigIC
Another great day today, got a good bit graft done.

Picked up a nice splitter off an old megane for the bottom of my front bumper (which me and my dad finally found and dug outta the garage!), and also got my plastic for my front grill which i cut up and bodged agesss ago:
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/grill.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/grill2.jpg

Stuck everything together with maskin tape and rested the lights in, and had to take some pics of the quick mock-up to show what I'm thinking of doing to the front end:
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/front.jpg
Added the badge i kept from one of dads old car :D:
grillbadge.jpg

I reckon Ill get more of the same/similar mesh to put in the bumper recess when i get round to cutting out the bars and rectangle plate bit. Ill probably end up cutting the toweye off and bodging over the hole aswell, and just use the eye underneath if i ever need a pull. So many mad ideas and not enough hours in the day! Where do they go?! :D

More soon anyway, cant stop fiddling with the car! Pure addicted now! (Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Woah, looks and sounds like you got lots of ideas in stores for this K11. Good luck with the project mate, definitely subscribing to this thread, be interesting to see how it turns out (Y). By the way, that K10 is SWEET :grinning:.

Also, while I think about it, I'm going to stick my neck out here after seeing those Micras on your dads driveway. Do you have any spare parts lying around that I can have dibs on? :wasntme:

OP
OP
CraigIC
Haven't got many spare parts really afaik, the k11's are mostly gunna be sold i think. What do ya need lyk mate? Ill guess and say itll be some prefacelift front end parts? :p.. just fire away and ill ask him and see what he says tomorrow after ive been to the beach! (Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
You are absolutely right when you say I'd be after pre-facelift parts, but not front end - want to convert mine with a pre-facelift bonnet, grill, and headlights, but I'd have to get them resprayed - not something I'm very good at :laugh:! I'd just be after a pre-facelift wraparound tailgate spoiler, preferably in black, and some CG13 cams :grinning:. If you've got some lying around, that would be pretty awesome (Y)

OP
OP
CraigIC
Not sure if we've got a wrap around sat around mate, i think one of the only ones we had that i could use was on my vibe, hence why we switched the entire tailgate over with the GX. As for cams, i know there's one good set that we've got, but they're taxed by me for the GX lol :p. Ill ask him tomorrow and let ya know anyway about them both after we've had a bit look around and sort out. Dunno how id get them to ya lyk if i did find anything though! :/ Ill keep ya posted though mate :D

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Damn it lol, I'm pretty much converting my K11 to a non-aircon 1.3 (without actually doing a full engine conversion - trying to squeeze as much power out of her without boosting :laugh:), and cams are the only engine part left that I actually need. As for how you'd get them to me - where are you based? Long as you're not too far, I can always travel. Either that, or they can't be too much to post (Y).

OP
OP
CraigIC
Based in Durham mate, that's like 4 hours drive or something i think!
If we do find some spare cams or a wrap around ill take them round the post office and see what they say, reckon that'll be the cheapest thing to do? Or will there be some company I can arrange it with to be cheaper?
Id want it to be cheap as possible seein as i've only got student rates going on :/, and im literally skint now!
Anyways bed time mate, early start tomorrow :laugh:, ill get back to you once im back tomorrow (Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Rah, that is actually pretty damn far for me to travel to :laugh:.
If you do find some cams, I think getting the post office to send them off will be cheaper than using a courier service. They always tend to be expensive :glare:. And I know the feeling - I recently lost my job, and haven't been able to find anything. Really doing my head in to be honest grr.
Cheers buddy, looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow, and seeing your next update (Y).

By the way, I must warn you - once you get the Micra modding bug, you won't be able to stop. You also won't be able to tear yourself away from the MSC :grinning:. It happens to us all, you'll always be thinking about stuff you can do to your Micra :p.

OP
OP
CraigIC
Just asked him before i nick off out, and he says there might be a 1.3 with good cams in which we could flog down to ya. It might be a week or two before he gets round to sorting it, but as soon as we get it sorted ill let ya know mate (Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Cheers for asking buddy (Y). I'm not in a massive rush to get them, I need to sort out an ECU remap as well anyway

OP
OP
CraigIC
Decisions, decisions...

Cheeers Seb! Will do mate, theres no way ill be stopping until its done :D haha

Another good day of working on the car, basically cutting stuff up rather than doing anything constructive, but its all part of the process :p.

Assaulted the supers bumper with the grinder and powerfile, until it had no horrid rectangle numberplate piece, or bars in the gap. Put some plates in the gaps where the plateholder and toweye use to be (cut the toweye off too :laugh: )
Here's what it looked like from the front after we butchered it:
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/cutbumper.jpg
Plates in place for a base to start building them back up, very rough, but bent with a hammer and block of wood, pure ghetto workmanship :D
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/plate.jpg
And on the inside, looks so professional :D:
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/insidebumper.jpg
And when it was in place, looked pretty good i must say :D:
bumpers.jpg

Right, onto the big question.. tinkered on with the old old grill and now i dont know which one i prefer, everyone ive asked so far ended up with a 50/50 split on opinions, so what do you lot think? Which grill looks best? Theyll both have the same mesh and badge, but i dont know which shape i prefer, i think im swaying more towards the old squarer shape, as the other looks too much like a saxo or something, and better with the rectangle bumper hole below.. Which one do you lot think? Round or Square?
fwn
This:
frontnew.jpg

OR:
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/front.jpg

Let me know your opinions guys please! (Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Top grill looks the best mate, by far. And certainly looks like your getting a shift on with the cosmetic work, I need to sort my front bumper out since I fitted Jap plates, and get March illuminators for the rear.

Keep up the good work (Y)

Wow you wernt kidding when you said you had a lot of micra's lying about!

Loads of potential, especially with all that kit lying around.

I wouldn't paint it white though, not a fan. Keep up the good work!

good luck with the project, not sure why you cut up a decent super s bumper....and whats the plate for, surely your not gunna fill that gap with filler are you?:glare:

OP
OP
CraigIC
Cheers for all the good lucks and comments guys :D

Haha nah mike :D, i dont want a standard super s bumper, wheres the fun in that man? :glare: ..it wasnt a decent bumper really :laugh:, its scratched and wrecked to bits, might aswell chop it up and play with it if im going to get it sorted out to put on the car, want it to look different :p
And nah, the plates basically going to get screwed on if all goes to plan, then plenty of fibreglass over the top maybe, and a bit filler on top of that, jobs a good'en mate! :grinning:

And what colour would you suggest Rich? :D

OP
OP
CraigIC
What about lambo orange? (Y) , like this one we painted a few weeks back
(Picture quality is very ####, terrible phone camera):
jayscar.jpg

Soon to be put in its book as lambourghini orange aswell when its owner passes his test and its put on the road! :p

Haha nah mike :D, i dont want a standard super s bumper, wheres the fun in that man?

Ha, fair enough mate, each to their own i guess, have you got any plans for the engine apart from cg13 cams? also, dont suppose you have a rear super s bumper i can purchase from you laying around do ya?? Desperate for one!

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Haha the car does actually look great when you see it in the flesh, the photo doesn't do it justice really, ne one could miss it when out and about! :laugh:

Reminds me of mine, don't see too many in this colour either, and they do look better in the flesh. Can't lose it in a car park either (Y)

OP
OP
CraigIC
Reminds me of mine, don't see too many in this colour either, and they do look better in the flesh. Can't lose it in a car park either (Y)

Speaking of the green k11's i do love that colour Dan! We painted the roof of one before we did the orange one, and they wanted a chequered/diamond pattern..so that's what they got! :p:
Photo0050.jpg

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa390/CraigIC1/Photo00492.jpg
Nowhere near as nice as yours though Dan ;) haha (Y)

And will do Mike mate, cant promise ya nowt but if we ever get one in that we arent keeping we'll give it a go at swapping the back bumper if we have a spare to put on in the same colour (Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Mine's alright I guess :grinning:. Like I say, you don't really see them much - unique. A mate of mine was thinking of buying one the same colour as mine, I told him I'd punch him in the side of the head if he did :laugh:.

OP
OP
CraigIC
Haha yes Dan! Love the phrase punch him in the side of the head! Haha :D, and if he did, hed see how much better yours looks! ;)

Been fiddling with bits and bobs, making progress on the flush plate on the front supers bumper :D.. May post an update when ive got round to doing a bit more.

Atm though more importantly! Rich mate, your inbox is full! And i cant text, no more free texts! Empty the box if possible mate
Basically, got a test booked for 11.30am, get to mine for 10 on saturday morning if you can :D, if not we can easily cancel (Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Well, I can't have him copying me, can I? :laugh: He said he was even going to get my wheels, and do a similar colour/styling scheme to mine grr. I haven't seen any others in this colour that are even remotely modified, apart from Spikes (which looks awesome, I must say (Y)). And we've only got a few modified Micras local to me, but hundreds of standard ones. They're everywhere, people are obviously realising what awesome cars they are :grinning::grinning:

Looking forward to another update though mate, wanting to see how you've done your front bumper, I need to do a similar thing to mine because I've got Jap plates :grinning:

OP
OP
CraigIC
Ah shiiiiit, nah dont let him do that! I mean having the same colour is already too far! Not to mention copying mods.. hows that being unique lol, dont let him copy you! :glare:
And youre right, they're great cars! (Y)

..The front bumper has been such a ####### to do tbh! Dads been doing nearlly all of the bodging on it.. the curve is still not right but the basic shape and plate recess is in place, been such a head#### so far! But we will make it happen, just hope i can find some mesh for the bottom thats similar to my black plastic grill mesh! :(

Daniel

I WILL be back...
I know, that's what I told him. Especially since the only other car I've seen with the same alloys as mine was on Chris's (hoodedreaper) K11. Apart from that, no one seems to have them, as they're normally found on VWs.

I need to do something with my front bumper though, it looks silly with the Jap plates. Even if I just cut the excess plastic off, smoothed it off, and had black plastic underneath, I could just tidy it up with a rattle can or something. The tailgate is going to be harder to do though, I need March illuminators. Or, if Nissan made the March in the same colour as mine, just buy the whole tailgate (Y).

I'm sure Halfords do similar mesh, I need to do mine once I sort my money out, along with 101 other things as well :grinning:. Once you start, you can't stop :laugh:

OP
OP
CraigIC
Update time! Went out this morning to take some more photos for ya Dan so i can post an update ;)..

Almost finished smoothing out the front bumper where the plate thing was removed, and trying to create the recess for the square reg plate:

Spot welded the plates together, and after fibreglassing between the plate and the plastic bumper, which was screwed together, got the bodge out and cracked on :D:
start.jpg

Tow eye plate being held in place with screws and fibreglass between the two to bond them together.. with a good bit of bodge ontop :p:
insidetow.jpg

Plenty of screws and bodge :D..
screws.jpg

I then had to try and get the recess in for the plate, me and my dad decided that instead of doing it the easy way and creating the curve then creating a recess for the plate, we'd do it the hard way! ..By having the recess and building it up as we went along :p. Each layer of bodge was the height of the plate roughly which = ALOT OF BODGE (Y), so its ended up further out than anticipated, but looks exactly how i expected it to so im pleased :D
recess2.jpg

recess1.jpg

Stonechipped over the toweye area once we roughly sanded it down to see how we're getting on, and it doesnt look half bad (Y)
stonechipped.jpg

And from the other side, you can (very roughly!) see how the plates going to sit in the bumper :p:
curve1.jpg

..Must of added about 6 tonnes of bodge to the bumper aswell lol
More to come soon once we clean it up properly.. its taking longer than expected as im trying to leave the lines and grooves in the bumper, not smooth it over, again wanting it to be unique yet something i also like hence why the grooves are staying in :D.. Got alot more work left to do on the bumper unfortunately but its all good fun isnt it! :D

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Doesn't look too bad that mate, just needs a bit more smoothing over and respraying (Y). A lot of bodging though :laugh:

OP
OP
CraigIC
Sorry I wasn't around earlier Rich mate! Had errands to run as you saw ;) haha, tried to get back but youd already left! Im guessin it passed with flying colours did it?

Progress
..Bumpers been isolated in its current condition, pics another day when the weather brightens up a little Still alot of work to do but my dads keen as #### to crack on with it! Getting there (Y)(Y)

Daniel

I WILL be back...
At least your dad is enthusiastic about doing all this work on your car. My dad just asks "Why the #### would you modify a Micra?". Keep up the good work though mate, looking forward to the next update (Y)

No worries, yup, it passed. Although your dad was joking about the sils then the guy put them as an advisory! But then we painted them at the garage, so it's all good.

OP
OP
CraigIC
Haha advisories wont stop it from passing, we knew they were a bit soft anyway so its to be expected like lol, pleased to hear it passed anyways mate! (Y)

OP
OP
CraigIC
Tis right here Belly mate! :D You can't rush perfection (..as they say :rolleyes:).
Been over a year since I last posted an update! How things have changed..

Since sorting the front bumper with the help of my dad, brother, and dads friend we went ahead and prepped/painted the whole car white. I chose which white to go for and since there were two options of either vauxhall white, or ford white premixed (and cheapest) at the local paint shop, I went with vauxhall as the ford white was too off for my liking lol. So after painting the car, which resulted in 2 or 3 runs :(.. car was looking good!

SAM_3805.jpg

One thing I did notice, and still haven't remedied, is the warp/bend in the top of the front bumper, as can be seen above, the top is not as straight as it should be! We think it was either like this off being wedged under loads of stuff in the garage, or has been bent when we've built up the back of the bumper behind where the plate recess is o_O. Either way it needs bending back at some point somehow!
..Also sprayed everything behind the front grill/bumper matte black, just to tidy it up a bit.

As for the outside, the next steps were fitting the grill, front renault splitter, boot handle, other random bits and bobs.. and also some nice wheels!

The wheels I have are fondmetal 13" (OEM optional extras???) that my dad had stored away :D. The centre caps which they came with were very tacky and looked awful IMO, so I scrapped them instantly, and luckily found replacements that did a good job of filling the gap!
The centres came off 15" primera wheels and fit the centre of my alloys perfectly:
SAM_3806.jpg

-
smallwheel.jpg

Next step was deciding on a colour!
I decided I wanted some dark grey wheels as black seemed too obvious, and white was a big no no (not really a fan of white wheels on a white car)..
So, from what paint my dad had lying around in the garage, I mixed some together and resulted in a dark grey colour. Low and behold, somehow, when we took it to get it matched at the paint shop, we searched through the colour-chart books and the resulting colour actually matched one used by Nissan! :cool:

Made the centres click into the alloys by adding a few 'lips' of bodge on the inside (That stuff is seriously my dads best friend!), and set about painting the wheels..
When Id done this, I still had my vibe, and through some stroke of luck on the way home one night, I came across a micra for sale, only 5 mins from my home. The car had clear rear lights, and I immediately got my dad to find an old pair, and rang the owner to ask if they would like to sell me them and swap! As soon as my dad rang the number he actually realised he knew the guy, and sticking a cherry on top, the guy said I could have the lights without paying a penny! As long as we could replace them with a standard pair (in this case we swapped him a standard pair of facelift facelift lights, with the pink/faded red surrounds..).

The clear backlights went straight on the car:
SAM_3802.jpg

Definitely prefer them over the original lights, anybody got any opinions on them? :)

Stuck the back-box on as well and attached it up, car sounds nice when I give it some but is nice and quiet if need be :D. Wasn't in the right place so needed moving and adjusting so it wasn't sticking out like a sore thumb!

Another notable change that was made to the car were the wing indicators. Instead of keeping the big bulky stock ones, I decided to replace them with smaller ones. The chosen indicators were from a vauxhall astra of some sort I found in the scrappy, and the holes needed to be welded up slightly so the indicators would fit! The resulting look is definitely worth the chew IMO :D
SAM_3832.jpg

(^ New-ish image of the car.. sneak peek at the wheels ;))

Dad also donated some rear windows to me that he had which were tinted, so they also went straight on!:
SAM_3803.jpg

Took a while for me to get a pair of coloured mirrors that were in good enough condition to just rub down and paint the same colour as my car, so in the meantime I concentrated on changing the interior!
My plan for the inside was to have a two tone colour-scheme for the plastics/rubbers/carpets etc. Since I knew you could get black plastics for the inside, I wanted to leave the 'top half' of the inside grey, and do the 'bottom half' black. This meant I would need to replace the door cards (as they didn't match my streetwise seats anyway), door surround rubber, carpet, handrbake/gear lever cover, rear interior pockets, boot carpets, aaaannnndd parcel shelf, phew.. think that's about everything!..

I found some donor cards on another one of our cars which had drinks holders!.. so they were swapped and put in place on my doors:
donorcards.jpg

Also swapped the rear side pockets out of this car too!
The top part of the door card was taken off (the long piece just below the window/above the handle), and a grey piece was put in its place, as to try and achieve the grey/black colourway inside.
I'll get pics and show what I mean and see what people think, whenever I remember to take them and its bright outside!

Found a black rear parcel shelf, carpet, inside door frame rubbers, and handbrake cover at the scrappy one day randomly when on the hunt for other parts for other cars, so those were also claimed and swapped onto my car too, apart from the parcel shelf, which I had plans for ;)..

Again, out of seemingly nowhere, my dad gave me a set of 35mm lowering springs he'd acquired from a scrapped k11 a while back, which he dug up out of the garage. I spent a while trying to sandblast them with a small blaster we have but ran out of sand.. so decided to try and remove the previous scabby powdercoat.. using an amazing thing called gasket remover. I sprayed each spring with a hefty coating, and after minutes the pwdercoat was bubbling and peeling straight off the springs! After hours I went back and wire brushed the powdercoat off, and instead of paying to get them coated, I hamorited them in the only colour we had, white :p..

And that's about it, a year of messing about while doing my final year of uni, my car looks pretty much like this!:
SAM_3814.jpg

SAM_3808.jpg

ooooh a rainbow!^ ...:rolleyes:
SAM_3835.jpg

And its definitely nowhere near finished, plenty more things to come... It'll never end!

<3 Hefty update I know! :D

Stuff still to talk about/show!:

~Fitted a front splitter

~Bought some import rear march lights (Are they the same as the cabriolet rear lights?).. These may go on, depending on peoples opinions when I put them on my car..

~Started replacing the 3rd rear brake light with the face-lift 3rd brake light that sits at the top of the boot lid

Stuff to do next:

~Cut the black shelf to attach the rear speakers

~1.3 Cams.. de-cat.. buy/make a 4 branch

~ Find some plastic diamond shaped mesh to fit in the bottom recess of the front bumper, nothing seems big enough! Current possibilities are a Citroen Relay Van front grill!

~Anything else I cant think of right now since its getting slightly late!

Cheers for reading if anyones managed it all the way to here! :eek:

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
Looks different and creative mate! perhaps do the tailgate plastic to go with the white and get the march lights on :) real nice

OP
OP
CraigIC
Cant wait to see if finished mate :)
I can't either mate! Dont know when it'll happen (if ever!) but when it does I'll be a happy chappy :D ha

Looks different and creative mate! perhaps do the tailgate plastic to go with the white and get the march lights on :) real nice
Yep no good looking the same as everyone else there's no fun in that for me lol :D
Paint the boot handle white instead of leaving it black? Or replace it with the flat black handle and paint that white? Haha Ive been through all of these ideas, settled on the white facelift handle with black insert, purely because I thought it would have looked too white to me with the whole handle painted lol :p, but if we have any paint left, might give it a go if i can get hold of a handle, just out of interest mate :)

Yeah I need to rewire the march lights so I can switch easily between them and the clear pair on the car until I decide which ones I want to use as well, but where to start with that I dont know! Think my dad might tackle it when he has some free time lol

Ace. boiling water on the bumper will turn it to putty...easyer with it off realy.
Is that to bend it into shape? Cheers for the tip :), I just hope when I come to do it that its just warped plastic and not the metal/bodge etc we put inside the bumper when it was built out, otherwise it'll be slightly more work lol :D

Might get a few pics of the inside today, not much different apart from the pick'n'mix black trim and front seats though lol