• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Mean Green Scene Machine

Can tell you from experience that FK are a more budget brand but equally as awesome. Used 2 sets of their coillies, one on a 106, one on an MX5, and used a set of their 40mm lowering springs on my Fiesta. They're very good. for the price.
Have to agree with you on that one Harlen. Very good firm spring :)

Just ordered a mini filter :p

Can someone please help in regards to the filter?
This is the one i want right...?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-Air-F...arParts_SM&hash=item4155a989cf#ht_2181wt_1163

However that looks square, whereas the filter in the box i have looks more rectangular like this...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N15-Almer...CarParts_SM&hash=item19be2f72b2#ht_883wt_1163

But my box looks exactly like the one in that picture Frank just posted.

Bump, want to order a filter tonight.

Lowering is ont he back burner for now as its boring me. Don't want to cut springs as ive been put off the idea, especially as the new bolt for the corsa shocks doesnt even fit properly and you have to over tighten it.

Well my breather filter came so i changed my airbox today to the larger Almera one. Went reasonably well to be fair, although i have had a poke around a few times before. Took off the Micra and got some carb cleaner in the throttle body, then went to put the Almera one on but forgot the carbon cannister gets in the way. So i took that out it's holder and placed it lower down, it seems reasonably secure but will probably cable tie it to something eventually. Also wedged the breather filter on as much as i could as that was getting in the way a bit.

Got the box on then had to chop a bit off the CAI so it would fit, also closed up the rest of the holes with masking tape as i put it back together because i couldnt find my other tape. So got this on and went for a test drive, certainly a different noise, slightly louder but not a lot, it's a deeper noise though. It does actually seem to have made a bit of a performance increase, not sure if this is half to do with the carb cleaner though. When i got back i took the resonator (think thats what its called) out the lid as i heard that makes it a bit more noisy. Put it back together then realised id left a bloody screwdriver on the scuttle panel when i went for a test drive!! How it didn't fall off is beyond me but thats just an example of how clumsy i am. Anyway it made no difference to the noise as far as im aware but it did however seem to make it pull a little better, unless that was just a placebo but im not usually one to fall for those.

Then i decided to take the mesh out of the Almera airbox, seeing as i already have mesh on my throttle body there wasn't really any need for it. It seemed to make a very slight difference, it felt a lot 'free-er', more easy flowing so to speak. Took a video with my little keychain cam, but i held it in my mouth so theres some gross noises haha, and also you can see the speedo and the road so not sure if i should upload it as i may have crept over the limit a little.

Also got a vid of the difference in noise and will compile them and upload it when i can be bothered, but there's pretty much no difference when filmed from near the engine so its not top priority.
Anyway some pictures... (sorry for the bad quality of a couple, my phone cut out so had to take them with the 'HD' keychain cam, the still images from it suck though)

:)

Edit: just remembered i snapped the little plastic bit that holds the HT leads off the top of my block ffs :mad:

Well then what you need is some 32mm spacers on the front and 60+mm bolt on spacers on the rear. A pm to rangerbob, a very reasonable paypal payment later and a set of bolt on arches will be winging their way to you.

A side effect of that action will be that you win. At everything.

are you F***ING serious...... 32mm spacers on the front. do you want your steering to die and wheels to fall off? i would never go more than 5mm on front

dude, you can turn the canister through 90 degrees and re bolt it to the bulkead on the lower bolt hole only, check out my blog for pics :D

Spacers as long as they are secure and centric can be as wide as you want in all fairness. porsche regularly run ones over 30mm from the factory

dude, you can turn the canister through 90 degrees and re bolt it to the bulkead on the lower bolt hole only, check out my blog for pics :D

Spacers as long as they are secure and centric can be as wide as you want in all fairness. porsche regularly run ones over 30mm from the factory

It didn't seem to want to turn much when i tried, got a pipe in the bottom aswell as ones in the top keeping it sort of upright.

Regarding spacers it's best not to go too wide or you put too much stress on bearings.

0-50 in the Micra. Mediocre launch and changed early as i may have been in front of tesco at the time so was a bit weary (the private road i was on is opposite Tesco....). Just wanted to test the filming on the new phone really, auto focus is gay as.

Also anyone know how i can tighten the alternator belt as the squealing is annoying me
cheers

Cleaned an area to put a sticker on and ended up cleaning the whole car. But because its me everything goes wrong. There were some black dots where i wanted to put the sticker ended up taking a scotch brite to it, bad move just scuffed up the paint so had to T-cut it back down. Also the end off the hose came off ffs.
Colour looks washed out in some

Oh and exhaust rattle, anyone else get this?

Without even watching the video i'm going too say heatshield!
I have the matiz suspension setup for sale if you want lows!

ive got the matiz setup (minus the m10 bolts) but cant be bothered because near enough everything i do goes wrong and i have the memory of a goldfish so ill mess it up :(

it need to go lower by like 15cm then itll be fresh as f*ck

I agree mate, when i looked back at the photos i cringed at the arch gap a bit. Still wont be fresh though got scuffs, dents and rust dotted about all over. Just wanted the sticker cause of stance nation and its yellow :)

I've got the same rattling sound, although mine gets worse when the headlights are turned on. I'm gonna set about finding/fixing it this weekend, shall let you know what stops it to see if it helps yours :)

More battery drain from headlights engine idle faster exhaust rattles more. Its nearly always heatshield

I checked the manifold heatshield today and it didn't seem to make a difference, also the alternator was fine and the belt was tight so I think it's either the shield on the downpipe or the mid-section of my exhaust

You could get some 30mm and chop a coil off the top, that'll be cheaper and put your corsa shocks to use. Im considering that once i sort out a new panhard set up :)

Might be stuck then, when i was looking for springs i couldnt even find 50mm ones, never mind for a good price. Its almost worth getting a cheaper set of coilies instead so you have the adjustment if you wanna go lower later

Well the matt humphries ones are over £200 now. For second hand ones not much over £100.

But i dont want coilies i cant be bothered with the modification of them etc. Ive got the matiz setup but not got the patients or experience to fit it all and chop the springs etc.

Brief update. Got some deflectors but the passenger side one arrived broken, They sent a replacement and that one was broken too! Havent got round to emailing them back yet after they told me to send a photo, i've been really ill and its not been the top of my list, hopefully theyll still send another replacement.
156422_10150662714241058_721556057_205060343_898997850_n.jpg

Will be fitting this this weekend hopefully.
ef3e9718945511e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

rally system :p ha both fitting them at the weekend eh ? hope you fitting goes easy mate n cars looking pretty sweet i wanna get some window deflectors too did u get them from ebay ??

I ****ing hate my car now. After pissing about all yesterday and managing to get half the exhaust off i set about getting the downpipe and 2nd cat off today. All i've achieved is to shear one of the spring bolts off, round the other one off and bend it a bit, crack a 13mm socket, snap a hammer, and become depressed and angry. It's probably going to need towing to a garage as the other bolt is going to need snapping off and then the rest of them drilling out the cat. The other bolt is so damn hard to get to though.

Here's some pics of where im at.

Here's the new spring bolts i picked up but they're different to the Micra ones. Shall i bother with them or what? And how do i set them up?

THIS is why im not modifying coilovers or anything, ill just **** it all up like i do with most things.

Cheers.

ya, jap cars and rusty bolts are pretty well in bed with each other. i was lucky, mine were not seized in the first cat, the ones on the system were poope so i took a grinder to them. looks like you will need to take off the manifold now fella, get the flange glowing with some flames then try and get them out so atleast the threads will be saved, makes it easier to get new spring bolts in. but if that fails grind them flush either side of the flange and drill them out, you can use the new ones you have then, split washer and nut on the topside.

haha, im in grimsby, but havent seen you about anywhere, mainly cos i work in scotland..lol

so far, and this is constructive critisism, all you have done is moan about how you "cant be bothered" to do any mods to your car..

the only way you will learn is to give it a go, and if you really really cant be bothered....... then dont do it, as your heart really isnt in it.

if you WANT a lower car, you are going to have to either spend the money or do the work.... nobody will do it for you. the information is on this forum on how to fit daewoo matiz suspension (as done on my old k11) polo 6n coilovers and vauxhall corsh*t coilovers too.... if you are not wanting to get your hands too dirty, then stumping up for a set of eibach springs, then cutting a coil or two off the top is so easy its criminal.

as for lowering your car to be "scene", there was a green k11 facelift in banzai a few months back that sat on its bump stops, (it was running no springs at all!)
if thats what you want, then try that, stock shocks with slightly bigger bumpstop and no springs.
would NOT recomend it for spirited driving or motorway driving...

Don't let it beat you, dude. Keep at it, you'll get it and you'll feel like you can conquer anything when you get it done.

And don't blame the car, or your gear. A bad workman blames his tools! Just imagine how many mechanics come across problems like this every day, but HAVE to overcome it in order to make a living. There's always a way. Don't give in and tow it to a garage, finish the job! You can do it.

an angle grinder on the top of those bolts will see them fall out, clean up the holes with a drill and stuff your new bolts in.... jobs a guden, just take your time.

an angle grinder on the top of those bolts will see them fall out, clean up the holes with a drill and stuff your new bolts in.... jobs a guden, just take your time.

the ones that have rounded/snapped and bent are threaded into the flange matey, there is no bolt on the standard ones as there is on his new ones :D

Back