• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

syko's micra build

finally.. after years of looking and thinking yes i will join the site i have joined.. here is the blog of the project i say project as it has spent more time in the workshop that it has on the road..

the boring stuff.
micra 1300 gx
not many engine modifications as of yet.. just got an induction filter and an oil breather.

more intresting stuff.
the car has currently spent a god few years having a major bodywork transformation as you will all see..

anyway hope you all enjoy and i will get some pictures uploading as i progress through the build.

syko :wasntme:

untitled7.jpg
[/IMG]

I did'nt realise youd done this much work to her! (Y)

When did you get it all done? And there I was thinking I was a sly bugga taking a picture of urs parked up :grinning:

Get her on the road so we can have a mini meet ehehe.

well it's been done since joe ever so kindly went and hit a sheep :p, slowly getting there fancy some coilovers but don't fancy forking out like a million pounds.. anybody know if there are any cheaper alternatives spoke to a lad and apparently polo 6N ones are the easiest to fit but i don't know..

well it's been done since joe ever so kindly went and hit a sheep :p, slowly getting there fancy some coilovers but don't fancy forking out like a million pounds.. anybody know if there are any cheaper alternatives spoke to a lad and apparently polo 6N ones are the easiest to fit but i don't know..

Corsa b's are the easiest to fit

cheers for all the comments lads :p. bumpers and bootlid didn't really take that much doing marty.. i was looking round for a super s one for ages then thought ahh just stick to this one less likely to cry if you ever bump it :grinning: have you got coilovers on yours now marty?

cheers for all the input.. makes it feel like all the work is worthwhile :p going to do abit more to the old girl today i'll try and take a few picture's to keep you all informed of how everything is going..

just remembered a few things it has a 2 inch front to back exhaust with a 4 inch backbox, the roof has been smoothed as can be seen in the pictures above. i've heard there's a bloke on here that modify's exhaust manifold's frankspeed? just wondered if anyone knew what the white alloy wheel is in my last picture.. it's came off a mk2 golf but i've never seen the wheels anywhere else, i've also rolled the front and rear arch's. got myself into a marty situation and can't decide whether i want it white or black any ideas anyone?

abit of work went into smoothing the roof.. fibreglassed with whole roof rail then filled ontop of it. had to redo a few bits as abit of damp got in somehow :down: then it's just down to how fussy you are i suppose. i was thinking about a spoiler like the one collison had for sale but didn't want to make it seem over the top.

abit of work went into smoothing the roof.. fibreglassed with whole roof rail then filled ontop of it. had to redo a few bits as abit of damp got in somehow :down: then it's just down to how fussy you are

Fair enough job for a later date

How the hell dya find the time Kyle :D

Personally I love the tank colour as is but if it were a choice out of black or white then whites always a winner for me (Y)

How the hell dya find the time Kyle :D

Personally I love the tank colour as is but if it were a choice out of black or white then whites always a winner for me (Y)

actually don't know where i find the time to do it joe :wasntme: it's like i've got an OCD for smoothing my car should look good when it's all finished i think. saving up some pennies for an adjustable panhard rod and some springs unless a set of corsa coilovers come on the bay cheap.. haven't achieved much today removed my bootlid and started painting then went for a feast in the kitchen came back gave the lid another coat started her up and she's got a misfire so i'll leave it for a few hours i think :p

those wheel are vw castelletes where fittid to mk2 campain models would have been silver but look tough when polished i beleave that they where also fitted to some convertibles

went to start her up this morning and it sounded like it is running on one cylinder chucking white smoke out the back.. any ideas what could be causing this anyone.. i put new spark plugs in last week and that stopped the misfire but it honestly sounds horrible i'm thinking new filters an oil change and a good few gallon of fuel.

had another idea about the colour had some inspiration from Hond-R's crx quite fancy the moon rock silver that they use on the s2000 or like the gun metal grey pulsar colour or just a bright bright white people's view's on this pleaseeeee :grinning:

took off my rocker today :p what a job that is. does anybody know of an alternative to the rocker cover bolts that are in there now i was thinking along the lines of like 10mm bolts or something. inside there was only what i can describe as salad cream in there apparently it's caused by stop and starting the car and thrashing it before the oil has warmed up. will post some pictures in the morning (Y)

Em, thats not a good sign...

it's the same symptoms as head gasket failiure but it's been like this for ages the cars been to swansea and back and hasn't lost any water etc.. i'll just clean it all out and put in some treatment and go from there (Y)

took off my rocker today :p what a job that is. does anybody know of an alternative to the rocker cover bolts that are in there now i was thinking along the lines of like 10mm bolts or something.

mine has a 10mm bolt (m6) in each corner (4 in total lol) :wasntme:

i've got the oil for the oil change but my dipstick had like swollen into the bit that goes into the engine :p so i've had to remove the whole assembly and i haven't got round to getting a new one.. has anyone ever seen/used camber bolts?

i've got the oil for the oil change but my dipstick had like swollen into the bit that goes into the engine :p so i've had to remove the whole assembly and i haven't got round to getting a new one.. has anyone ever seen/used camber bolts?

IIRC Mckenzie had them fitted to his SR to tuck the superlight wheels he had under the arches. Did the job too(Y)

What wheels are you thinking of running?

Yeah i remember him saying they weren't enough.
So he did something magical with the strut etc. and tada! worn inside edges for everyone! (Y)

Back