• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

K11 Micra build

Hello there, my name is Enda Whelan, iv wanted to post my progress in these forums ever sinse I got my first k11 in 2019, I had a white one for a few years which was my favourite as it was my first proper car, I then had a mint orange vibe and now my current build which is my red one, which is a reshell of my original white one, hope you enjoy!
KUJICAM_2023-08-22-15-30-01_developed.jpg

This is how the car sits as of now, but it didn't always look like this 🤣 it started it's life as a 2002 2nd facelift that I bought for next to nothing, it was my first sunroof model and after 4 years of driving one I felt ecstatic about finally having a rev gauge 💀 but this is how it looked when I first got it
20221230_104252.jpg

Proper irish spec with the lights, it was in typical silver fashion peeling paint left right and centre, pictures do not do it justice on how rough it really was....but it's solid underneath and ran mint and was a hop in and drive car from day 1.
20221230_104422.jpg

I didn't wait long to start swapping bits over from my white one and I always feel wheels and coilovers are a good place to start, so I did just that, slapping ssr mk1s on it while it looked like this felt like a sin.
20230121_163155.jpg

Bit of a better look at the state of the paint too, also put my super s rear mumper and lip on with the idea of making the car 2 tone for the laugh as I knew I was gonna paint it in the future.
KUJICAM_2023-02-05-18-10-42_developed.jpg

Threw on a eg civic lip and made some e12 corolla sideskirts fit too, was a cool look for a while didn't have to worry about keeping it clean or anything at this point
20230212_173042.jpg

Next was the boot with the spoilers off my white one, and the rolled tip backbox, was really starting to take shape now aesthetically
IMG_20230411_202005.jpg

Blew up 5th gear in the 1L, making me throw in the CGA3 1.4L out of my white one, I originally bought this engine with 30K miles, it's mated to a 1L flywheel and gearbox, great fun to drive with this set up was great to have a bit of power back into it after not driving with this engine for over a year, started up first turn of the key and has been running sinse, can't fault it. Only thing that happend was it started to over heat in traffic but a new thermostat and radiator solved that straight away!
20230511_211443.jpg

Next up is my favourite step...paint prep is a go, like all my other projects they are my daily drivers so paint prep was done after work during the week while I drove it around looking like this to have it ready for the weekend. Between hours and hours of sanding, also going from facelift to a preface swap in 16mins flat was funny but then after that she was ready for paint!
20230513_170557.jpg

Car was painted outside with a 25L compressor and a Parkside spray gun, doing the best with what I had but also I don't really give a F#$k and just love driving and enjoying my projects but to be honest for a €100 paint job I wouldn't compain
20230514_153809.jpg

Was gonna paint it white like my other one but I had the chance to make it different so I went with red, I always wanted a red one, the colour I went with was vw tornado red, and I'm delighted with how it looks
IMG_20230516_094733.jpg

G# front bumper along with a ek civic front lip, a nismo style grill I made and the dtm mirrors finished it off nicely, wasn't gone on the black headlight housing though...
20230701_205354.jpg

March badge, some zenki talights and some stickers finalised the look, was glad I went with the red!
20230823_154836.jpg

Sprayed the lights silver again and this is how it sits now, my plans for the future are to make a carbon bonnet and hopefully buy some more wheels from Japan at some point 🤝

Hello there, my name is Enda Whelan, iv wanted to post my progress in these forums ever sinse I got my first k11 in 2019, I had a white one for a few years which was my favourite as it was my first proper car, I then had a mint orange vibe and now my current build which is my red one, which is a reshell of my original white one, hope you enjoy!View attachment 87071
This is how the car sits as of now, but it didn't always look like this 🤣 it started it's life as a 2002 2nd facelift that I bought for next to nothing, it was my first sunroof model and after 4 years of driving one I felt ecstatic about finally having a rev gauge 💀 but this is how it looked when I first got itView attachment 87072
Proper irish spec with the lights, it was in typical silver fashion peeling paint left right and centre, pictures do not do it justice on how rough it really was....but it's solid underneath and ran mint and was a hop in and drive car from day 1.View attachment 87073
I didn't wait long to start swapping bits over from my white one and I always feel wheels and coilovers are a good place to start, so I did just that, slapping ssr mk1s on it while it looked like this felt like a sin.View attachment 87074
Bit of a better look at the state of the paint too, also put my super s rear mumper and lip on with the idea of making the car 2 tone for the laugh as I knew I was gonna paint it in the future.View attachment 87075
Threw on a eg civic lip and made some e12 corolla sideskirts fit too, was a cool look for a while didn't have to worry about keeping it clean or anything at this pointView attachment 87076
Next was the boot with the spoilers off my white one, and the rolled tip backbox, was really starting to take shape now aesthetically View attachment 87077
Blew up 5th gear in the 1L, making me throw in the CGA3 1.4L out of my white one, I originally bought this engine with 30K miles, it's mated to a 1L flywheel and gearbox, great fun to drive with this set up was great to have a bit of power back into it after not driving with this engine for over a year, started up first turn of the key and has been running sinse, can't fault it. Only thing that happend was it started to over heat in traffic but a new thermostat and radiator solved that straight away!View attachment 87078
Next up is my favourite step...paint prep is a go, like all my other projects they are my daily drivers so paint prep was done after work during the week while I drove it around looking like this to have it ready for the weekend. Between hours and hours of sanding, also going from facelift to a preface swap in 16mins flat was funny but then after that she was ready for paint!View attachment 87079
Car was painted outside with a 25L compressor and a Parkside spray gun, doing the best with what I had but also I don't really give a F#$k and just love driving and enjoying my projects but to be honest for a €100 paint job I wouldn't compainView attachment 87080
Was gonna paint it white like my other one but I had the chance to make it different so I went with red, I always wanted a red one, the colour I went with was vw tornado red, and I'm delighted with how it looksView attachment 87081
G# front bumper along with a ek civic front lip, a nismo style grill I made and the dtm mirrors finished it off nicely, wasn't gone on the black headlight housing though...View attachment 87082
March badge, some zenki talights and some stickers finalised the look, was glad I went with the red!View attachment 87083
Sprayed the lights silver again and this is how it sits now, my plans for the future are to make a carbon bonnet and hopefully buy some more wheels from Japan at some point 🤝
FB_IMG_1693349868281.jpg

As for the interior, I used to have a old bride fishnet, was an actual fishnet as some people used to think it was a reskined recaro.
Screenshot_20230830-001034_Gallery.jpg

I then upgraded to a Bride brix, brilliant seat, this was it in my white one, miss the black interior, must do it again to the red one 🍒

View attachment 87084
As for the interior, I used to have a old bride fishnet, was an actual fishnet as some people used to think it was a reskined recaro.View attachment 87085
I then upgraded to a Bride brix, brilliant seat, this was it in my white one, miss the black interior, must do it again to the red one 🍒
IMG_20230907_105821_242.jpg

Took a trip over to Cork to meet lewys, an old k11 friend for a catch up and came back with a spare bonnet that I'm gonna use to make my carbon skin for my carbon bonnet, lewys has a class collection of k11 bits and builds, the black on is his road, cg13 powered k11, lots of cool trips done in this car
20230909_145104.jpg

First thing I did was paint the bonnet black, I wanted to test fit this on the car to see if it would work with the red before I decided to make a carbon one
20230910_200139.jpg

I think it works well with the red, plus a carbon one won't be as dark so I think it will look much better 🤌
20230910_152434.jpg

Sick to see what went into this one lad. Never realised that was an outdoor middle of Lidl paintjob. Fair effort with the Irish weather that. ❤️

Back