Sunroof not working...

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
The sunroof on my troublesome car isn't sliding back at all :down:

The roof tilts up but, when I turn the handle to slide it back, it just won't go. i push the button in, try to turn it clockwise and it just sits there.
It was working perfectly on Saturday, but now it won't budge!

Help! :(

Can you see anything broken off in the mechanism? I had to replace my whole mechanism the other day cause it did this!

micrafish

mine seized up a while back (would tilt, but not slide), and i had to push it back whilst winding the handle, then oil the runners, then push and pull to free it off

micrafish

mine seized up a while back (would tilt, but not slide), and i had to push it back whilst winding the handle, then oil the runners, then push and pull to free it off

Yer I did that but then it wouldn't shut :p Thank God for Duck tape :wasntme:

Thanks for the replys guys!

So hmm, so no chance of it getting fixed easily? No more open top days motoring for me :down:

Alright, well I'll give it a go, but don't be too surprised when i post in a weeks time saying my car is leaking cos the sunroof is broken! ;)

hi robertvan1

if it wont push and wind back but will tilt, you can take the 4 starbolts out and lift the glass out, to gain access to the mech

I had to do what frank said, but then found several broke bits of metal and plastic :p Someone had obviously been a bit heavy handed!

I have the complete sun roof out of my Old K11, was in fully working order and didn't leak. Its yours CHEAP if you want it.

Ollie

Yeah sounds good, i've seen it on other forums, but the idea will have to be run past Kev / James :) Will post your message in he admin section

Back