Mirror... and sunroof.

Hi all!

I recently bought myself a bargain 52-plate K11. I owned one years ago and missed it, so here I am again :)

There are a couple of problems that I thought I'd run past the experts before tackling:

1. The manually controlled driver's door mirror has, I think, a broken or unattached cable inside. The mirror is set too far inwards but the controller has no more movement to push it out. Also the mirror itself springs back to the same position when pushed out manually. I want to take it apart to investigate but I don't want to break anything further as the shells are body-coloured so a replacement would be expensive/rare. How do they come apart?

2. The manual sunroof won't open. I've had the handle off and the latch seems to work, and the shaft turns, so it's something to do with the sunroof mechanism itself - it won't budge at all but I don't want to force it more than I am. The car's only done 23,000 miles and everything is so clean inside that it could be new. The sunroof mech, what I can see of it, looks new and shiny so I doubt it's been used very much. Any ideas?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Back