Subaran Micreza?

Subaran Micreza? To yay or to nay?

• Go for it! Prefacelift it to a Subaran Micreza!

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Prefacelift it Super S/SR style!

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Leave it as it is you fool!

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Robb

Site Supporter
Ive been looking through the Taiwan guy's blogs and literally cant stop thinking about this neat little one:

dsc5331wb11.jpg

Now this ties into certain possible plans i have for my car (to take after Robert's example and be the first pre-facelifted second facelift) and could just be the thing to spur it on.

Another issue is the state of my car :) whilst it is very neat looking (im sure those who have seen it will agree :glare:), up close it is a bit of a pub, several 'trolley' dents, ding in the rear 1/4 and cracked cluster, several scratches 'touched up' by the previous owner, big f### off cut-out in the rear bumper for the exhaust trim (was originally cut out for a laser backbox that turned out to be rusted to ####), broken reverse park sensors (not that they are needed lol), big scratch in the roof where the garage door lowered itself onto it, few scouring scratches from the previous idoit trying to remove bird crap i imagine, a diy spray job on the retro fitted super s spoiler and general colour coding that is going dull... the list goes on, and thats not including the interior!

Basically while these things look good at a glance from a blind man on a galloping horse, they are the kind of things that are a pain in the arse when it comes to selling, i doubt id get much more than a grand for it if i were to sell up today (dont worry im not thinking about it!), so i may as well enjoy it to the max while i can.

The main attraction to the Subaran idea (blog here: http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=22837&page=2) is that the front bumper appears to be quite a good fit to a prefacelift. Chop a bit out the middle and cut new curves out where it meets the arches and your laughing! I know i know there is more to it than that :suspect: but it looks sooo coool!

The question is should i Super S it up? Subaru it up? Or leave it alone?!

i think the subaru look is reallly sweet but as you can see it has been done so why not go for an evo look or something different
but that is only my oppinion i still think the subaru is cool though

all im sayin is robb me and you are moving to tiawan or japan

Hahaha i like your thinking Kenny :laugh:

Ive been giving this project a lot of thought, hence the long winded first post. There is just something about it that i love, i think its the way it actually suits the front end and blends in, the only bit that doesnt suit in the pic above is the aggresive bonnet imo.

yea why not i have already sujested it before the msc holiday to japan but it will need lots of preperation and for people to not drop out

leave it as is, your car looks really nice! if your gonna do it buy a prefacelift k11 cheap and do it to that. dont ruin your 2001 micra!

IMO that Subaru styled micra looks pants...i could understand doing it to another subaru i.e swift, but to a nissan!? still dont like the look of it at all, bodykit looks silly and big, spoiler doesnt look right, bonnet vents look silly, graphics look terriable! it looks an awful mess IMO...

but thats my 2ps worth, i know everyone has there own tastes...but sorry, i dont see how you could think that k11 looks good :S

if your going to do anything like that try and pick up another cheap k11 dont ruin your car it looks great as is

im not a fan of big body kits any more but i think that works for the guys over there as most of their cars are ott but work when they are all togeather i say rob just leave it mate and just get a whiteline handling kit on it

I really like that micra, I think it looks smart. A bit odd because personally I prefer the more subtlety modified micra's normally.

Also I know how you feel about a car looking neat from afar and then you can pick out all the little dents scratches and other imperfections that just bug the hell out of you!

I would also like to add i've never been a fan of aftermarket body kits (unless they have owt to do with the racing pedigree etc. like Nismo) but this is mainly because a lot of designs are just rubbish and dont suit the car. I believe this to be different though, i would be torn between having fogs or just covers (id prob have both lol) but either way they sit in more or less the same place as driving lamps on a Super S, the open bumper grill compliments the 'ultra open mouth grill' and the bonnet vents match the contours of the bonnet well too.

I can also understand the idea to buy a prefacelift to do it to, i did consider that too but then id have two micras with too many pros and cons, i can only drive one, but which?! I included the 'fool' option in the poll but at the same time id be a fool to ditch my micra for another one, the engines only done 35000 miles, no rust or other mot issues to worry about etc.

Thanks for the input, keep it coming! (Y)

In my opinion, I think you should just keep the 2001. In an ideal world, you could buy a prefacelift and Scoobarise it, and have both the cars, but I think your car is worth keeping as is than getting rid of it for a prefacelift ;)

as mentioned before, skyline it. i have done a couple of photoshops of prefacelifts before, do you want a skyline facelift chop doing so you can see what its like??

attachment.php

Attachments

• micrawed.jpg
    micrawed.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 279
i say non, keep it as is because people make plans to do stuff and it never happens! if your gonna do it dont talk about just do it, then post up pictures once its done!

i like the mini skyline idea, but i don't think you should be trying to make it look like a different car, it is a micra so maybe keep it with a micra kit

I am also a fan of the 'Micraline' idea (the names are so cool lol). The skyline bumper is a little less distinguised though, which will be either a good thing or a bad thing depending the individual. I dont think its 'rounded' enough to suit my pallette.

Id put more tasteful wheels on too if i did go ahead with it, maybe gold ones. :)

I also have a plan as to how long i will be owning a micra, and its a few years lol. Esp. if this manifold group buy goes ahead.

Club Member (Bronze)

Car: k11 1.0
Trade Rating: (0)
Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
2/9 sssssss56

as mentioned before, skyline it. i have done a couple of photoshops of prefacelifts before, do you want a skyline facelift chop doing so you can see what its like??

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: micrawed.jpg Views: 20 Size: 64.9 KB ID: 12220

Photoshops are legend!!! Ur talented!!!:D I was just about to say r34 all the way!!!!:D or s15

Back