Amazing Adventures (driving experience day)

Ferrari Experience or Racing Car

• Total voters

Maccy

Young K11-er!
Got one of these for my 18th and had forgotten about it until now. It expires at the beginning of June so need to hurry up and book it.

However - I can't decide between two of the four options. All four options are -

* Ferrari Experience
* Racing Car Driving
* Rally Driving
* Off Road Drive

I think I've narrowed it down to the Ferrari experience and racing car driving. With the Ferrari experience I get -

How will you compare the Porsche 996, Subaru and Lotus Elise to the legendary Ferrari?
The adventure takes place at a former airfield - the perfect place to drive these Supercars. After a welcome on arrival, you will be split into groups which rotate around the following thrilling activities:
-Drive the Porsche 996 - release the power of this stunning looking Porsche with the GT3 body kit and a 3.6 litre engine.
- Experience the Subaru Impreza WRX. How about finding out what it is like to drive in a Subaru Impreza WRX rally car?
- Excel in the Lotus Elise, where size isn't everything! The Elise may be small, but with its lightweight construction it is big on performance.- Finally the Ferrari 355. Hold on tight as this mid-mounted 3.5 litre V8 engine will power the brave from 0-60mph in just 4.6 seconds, the prancing horse on the bonnet says it all, as you drive on the world's most famous Supercars.

OR

From the moment you climb into a single-seater racing car, you are in for some unbelievable excitement. The starter waves his flag, you pump the accelerator, the engine roars and you're off. In a matter of seconds you're taking the corners and barrelling along!
The programme typically involves a welcome on arrival, followed by a briefing. Then it's time to take to the wheel for laps in a performance saloon, where your instructor will demonstrate circuit driving techniques, such as taking the correct line on a corner. Next you take the wheel yourself to practice what you have been taught. Then the real actions begins: you take a single seater racing car such as a Formula First, Formula Renault or Formula Ford around the racing circuit. With potential acceleration of 0-60 in less than 6 seconds, these cars are perfectly placed to introduce you to the thrills of racing.

From the descriptions - they both sound great so I'm undecided which to do. It's important to note that the Ferrari experience lasts 2 hours with roughly 20 minutes driving time, whereas the Racing Car driving is 1-4 hours in total depending on the circuit and weather.

Cheers for input :)

curtis

Ex. Club Member
racing driving!!!! would be such good experience for when and if you start taking track days with you own car!

Just wait till you 60 to drive the crappy ferrari

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
I've done a Ferrari experience, and would highly recommend it. Sure the race car is good, but I don't think they are any faster than a Ferrari, and at least you get to say you've driven a Ferrari. :D

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Racing sounds good out of the two you've chosen. I'm doing Rally driving on Saturday so will let you know what that's like you if you want to reconsider it :)