• Total voters

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
SSR Watanabe RS8's:
5649000031_large.jpg

Revolite's:
attachment.php

Right so ive done the square root of F all on the SR for the last 2 1/2 weeks as the engine crane I was borrowing has packed up and im not keen on fitting any of the new parts I have for her until shes running and out of our dark, cold barn... and Ive been watching the foozball if im honest :p

So all Ive had to do is look and think about what route I want to go down with her. I decided a few weeks ago that there'd be no point going all out on her as I just dont have the time to put the work in at the moe. However the one thing I do want to get right is the general stance and the wheels will play a big part of that.

If youve read my blog you'll know that I got a set of 13" Revolites (Revolution copy cats) for a fairly decent price, the only problem being the fitment - 4x4 or 101.6 (Mini fitment) so there is work to be done to make them fit. Now though I have the option of getting some quite rare in my opinion SSR Watanabe split rims. They're 14" and 4x100 fitment (the bore is slightly bigger so spigot rings would be used). So im in a bit of a pickle really because I really like the look of them both!

It'd be good if you guys could post your opinions on them and say which you'd prefer.

All comments appreciated, thanks, Joe. (Y)

I like the revolites best.

The only thing the SSRs have going for them is the logo cast in the back. They're not hugely dishy either and I get the impression that you want some dish.

I do want a bit of dish indeed, but not a huge amount. Im mainly worried about the poke on the Revolites, and possibly de-valuing them if I start a hacking and a slashing (or filing :D)

You got any trial pics of the revos on the front? I'm of the understanding that 7" wide wheels destined for minis are pretty low offset. From the pics the rears dont look to be a problem prehaps with some 165s. and the fronts would probably tuck under with a roll and some camber.

Get those revos on!

Thanks for the comments and the votes guys. Seems like its basically 50/50 , I like the idea of the straight bolt on RS8's but for now im going to stick with the revolites on the basis that its something different, hopefully i'll be able to pull it of! :eek:

Thanks for the comments and the votes guys. Seems like its basically 50/50 , I like the idea of the straight bolt on RS8's but for now im going to stick with the revolites on the basis that its something different, hopefully i'll be able to pull it of! :eek:

Go Joe! Go Joe! Go Joe!

Back