• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Skinners Sprint Micra

the plug colour will only give an "average" eh paul, and i doubt if the lambda will effect the sparkmap

Good point Frank, im thinking then the its over fueling, as its ok on start up the overfuelings acting like a choke so theres no problem, them once its warm and down the road anything between 2K - 5K the tacho fluctuates by 1k either way under throttle, i can start to feel slight stutters.

Might be worth a wideband on the xmas list

Well swopped a spare dizzy from my first micra into the blue one today, seems to have cured the weird stuttering & rising / falling revs :)

Pic of my first car the dizzy is from :

DSC00237-Copy.jpg

Not too much going on at the moment, waiting to get the time off work to get the tracking set up!

After hunting high & low finally got my hands on a plastic rocker cover :) Should help keep the temperature off the new airbox (when its built!)
DSCN0187.jpg

And hopefully a new edition for 2013.............................

DSCN0196.jpg

throttle bod,s eh paul :cool: the plastic camcover rubber seal is a lot thinner btw eh :)

Just the thing Frank, proper fuel injection to get the best of the setup eh :)

Hmmm didnt come with the gasket unfortunately, dam, modding the euro one an option you think?

Not too much going on at the moment, waiting to get the time off work to get the tracking set up!

After hunting high & low finally got my hands on a plastic rocker cover :) Should help keep the temperature off the new airbox (when its built!)
DSCN0187.jpg

And hopefully a new edition for 2013.............................

DSCN0196.jpg

Look good what are the ITB's off? I'm planning on buying some gsxr ones. Will you be trying to get them to work with the Nissan ecu?

Look good what are the ITB's off? I'm planning on buying some gsxr ones. Will you be trying to get them to work with the Nissan ecu?

Thanks mate, they are from a GSXR600 managed to pick them at a bargain price!

If I could get them working on the factory Ecu it would be great with a maf through and air box though I'd have to try and alter the TPS to the same position as the factory one. Might just be easier to go mega jolt or emerald to be honest!

Ive settled on microsquirt as I already have the edis for the ignition side of things. will be interesting to see how our set-ups compare when i actually get around to it

Ive settled on microsquirt as I already have the edis for the ignition side of things. will be interesting to see how our set-ups compare when i actually get around to it
Deffinately I imagine they would be quite similar, are you now running hi comp with corsa pistons?

Wish I had the knowledge to have gone mega jolt or the like already!

yep running corsa pistons but without a head skim so the cr is only a little higher. will probably build up a new head soon to bring the compression up to around 12.5:1 once the engine has a few k on it. Got another 200-odd miles off running in left :(

[edit wrong CR ratio]

yep running corsa pistons but without a head skim so the cr is only a little higher. will probably build up a new head soon to bring the compression up to around 12.5:1 once the engine has a few k on it. Got another 200-odd miles off running in left :(

[edit wrong CR ratio]

That sounds like alot of fun especially in a mini! I know what you mean about running in, trying to do it on an island thats only 32miles long is a pain!

My other Christmas treat , hope to get the fueling spot on now at WOT, but a bit of reading up to do first & i need to learn to solder as well :)

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 383
Spent most of the weekend with a sodding cold so i've been designing the air intake box with a few options & a rough card mock up.

Came accross this pic from last year to inspire me to get on with the jobs before april being, pic below i've used before but its been taken at the same time so gives the two sides :) :

1) Prep and paint GRP bonnet
2) Fit wideband kit
3) adjust carb jets as needed
4) build & fit a new closed airbox for the carbs
5) Get some road miles under my belt!

Governors2012-04-26_zps94f223cb.jpg

2012-04-26-00003-2.jpg

shweet pics.
dya think the front pressure needed increasing abit to stiffen the sidewall from folding under during peak load trail braking? literally riding on its precious rims there lol
btw I've wondered, whats that vertical black bar stuck on the front bumper?

shweet pics.
dya think the front pressure needed increasing abit to stiffen the sidewall from folding under during peak load trail braking? literally riding on its precious rims there lol
btw I've wondered, whats that vertical black bar stuck on the front bumper?

Hi Paul Karl was spot on its a beam spliter for the timing :) after seeing it it could so with a bit more air though its a very low profile (45) so that didn't help, I'm hoping to change to 15" wheels for this year to give me slightly longer gearing

Hi Paul Karl was spot on its a beam spliter for the timing :) after seeing it it could so with a bit more air though its a very low profile (45) so that didn't help, I'm hoping to change to 15" wheels for this year to give me slightly longer gearing
some ultra-light 4kg forged Rota's perhaps :p

mounting an onboard action cam on the sill pointed at the loaded tyre to see its deflection would be fascinating :)
gonna do that on mine with 4 drift x170 cams

some ultra-light 4kg forged Rota's perhaps :p

mounting an onboard action cam on the sill pointed at the loaded tyre to see its deflection would be fascinating :)
gonna do that on mine with 4 drift x170 cams

I had considered them mate, did you get yours from lambodoorkits?

Now I've got the gopro in hoping to gets lots of competition and technical footage ( quite want to see the back beam/ arm in action )

My other Christmas treat , hope to get the fueling spot on now at WOT, but a bit of reading up to do first & i need to learn to solder as well :)

From experience its a great bit of kit pretty easy to install and setup.

Manually checking and data logging just the afr is a doddle....but the lc-1 software by itself can't really give you any detail of what rpm's gave what afr's (as its not monitoring rpms, unless theres a tick to making it log rpm without buying additional bits - e.g. the data logger :) ). Which is a shame as the software seems like it'd make it very easy to tune without too much hassle.

So I'm just feeding the lambda into the emanage blue. :)

I know you mentioned nistune earlier on, so if you're using one then feeding the signal to that would be the best way to go i'd reckon. :)

I had considered them mate, did you get yours from lambodoorkits?

Now I've got the gopro in hoping to gets lots of competition and technical footage ( quite want to see the back beam/ arm in action )

yeah lambodoorkits
um now how much was it...oh yea bout £397 excluding tyres, prob gone up now.
would luv to get a 2nd set for street-use so that my current old Rotas can be for track-use with track tyres

that's a dear camera, anchor a strong cable to it incase it goes walkies ;)
absolutely luv onboard and suspension cams me, more the better, just like any data aquisition :)

From experience its a great bit of kit pretty easy to install and setup.

Manually checking and data logging just the afr is a doddle....but the lc-1 software by itself can't really give you any detail of what rpm's gave what afr's (as its not monitoring rpms, unless theres a tick to making it log rpm without buying additional bits - e.g. the data logger :) ). Which is a shame as the software seems like it'd make it very easy to tune without too much hassle.

So I'm just feeding the lambda into the emanage blue. :)

I know you mentioned nistune earlier on, so if you're using one then feeding the signal to that would be the best way to go i'd reckon. :)

i think i remember connecting my LC-1 to nistune and nissan datascan and use their recorder feature to log every parameter including the wideband

i think i remember connecting my LC-1 to nistune and nissan datascan and use their recorder feature to log every parameter including the wideband

Ah well if you can piggyback into the datascan that works jobs a goodun. :)

Actually just been reading back over the thread and as its carbed...i'm not sure what its running on, so my nistune suggestion wouldn't work anyway if its not installed. :D

Ah well if you can piggyback into the datascan that works jobs a goodun. :)

Actually just been reading back over the thread and as its carbed...i'm not sure what its running on, so my nistune suggestion wouldn't work anyway if its not installed. :D

It's just running on the standard Ecu at the minute with all the injection loom unplugged (primitive I know lol) hopefully get the throttle bodies on it this year and get some properly 3D mapping :)

With your wideband mate did you got the little calibration switch and led as well?

yeah lambodoorkits
um now how much was it...oh yea bout £397 excluding tyres, prob gone up now.
would luv to get a 2nd set for street-use so that my current old Rotas can be for track-use with track tyres

that's a dear camera, anchor a strong cable to it incase it goes walkies ;)
absolutely luv onboard and suspension cams me, more the better, just like any data aquisition :)

Cheers Paul I was lucky it was a present but il be making sure it carnt go walkabout!

Torn between rotas, compo's or team dynamics but its all expense lol

Think il concentrate on getting the wideband and bits on first :)

Back