• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Skinners Sprint Micra

I know what thats like, fingers crossed nothing bad happens

Have you got any plans for finding out what power youre putting out?

I know what thats like, fingers crossed nothing bad happens

Have you got any plans for finding out what power youre putting out?

Cheers mate!

From similar speced motors I'm hoping for 130bhp, only real way to know will be my times this coming April unforunatley!

Or I treat myself to a boat trip and a rolling road session eh

Evening folks after a day watching Rally Isle of Man 2012 for a bit of inspiration the TTV Flywheel is on along with the 1.0 litre pully.

Almera Gti disc's arrived today too, glad im gutting so much weight as they are going to put it all back on again, weight a f'ing ton! but if it stops faster il be happier:)

DSCN0152_zps6cfe5a31.jpg

yummy

yea those pulsar brakes are twice the weight and counteracted my lightweight Rotas but at least we'll never ever have to worry bout brake fade ever lol

You & Karl are spot on mate, drivers side engine mount & passenger side gearbox mount :) going to have to open out the mounts on the chassis legs as they are a VERY! tight fit
What are the benefits and dis advantages to solid bushings skinnet

Sent from my NOVO7PALADIN using Tapatalk 2

What are the benefits and dis advantages to solid bushings skinnet

Sent from my NOVO7PALADIN using Tapatalk 2

Disadvantages Chris are alot more vibration from the engine is put back through the bodywork / me lol

Advantage, engine stays put under hard throttle & gearchanges are a little more posative as the engine/box will be held more firmley in placed:)

Evening Folks managed to get a good bit done on the car over the week thanks to a break in the weather at last!

Hubs & wishbones were looking a little tatay so got a redoxide & a few coats of gloss.. (one coat still to do)

DSCN0159.jpg

Gave me chance to strip the micra calipers/discs off and test fit the Gti brakes...... LOADS of room on 14's so im happy :) (forgive the grubby wheels)

photo.jpg

All my brake fittings turned up so finished off the braided lines, handbrakes been sold to save weight / no longer needed as well as 90degree & bulkhead fittings being used for the rear... (wasnt happy with the lines just running through the gromets i had previously.

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0161.jpg

Lost the light tonight so set too making the termal Manifold gasket, got it cut to shape hopefully to be finnished off over the next evening or too... big push for next weekend to get the motor back in!
DSCN0162.jpg

Thanks Paul, i may just drill a few holes in the rear of the shroud to vent the heat as it draws the air in nicely at the moment, but its not need some real punishment yet eh :D

Final preps before the engine goes back in this coming weekend :D

waterpump tensioner from Pollyp (ta again mate) gave a lick of paint & installed, no going back to powersteering now!
DSCN0166_zps84346b6a.jpg

Brakes installed properly on front, fitted / greased & torqued up, carnt wait to use them in anger!
DSCN0163_zps72e8ea76.jpg

New polly mounts were a bit too snug so gave the engine mounts a tweek upon a few mill... incase anyone was wundering about the strength of the engine mounts the 10mm stainless bar bent before they did ;)
DSCN0165_zps4f3f2a9f.jpg

So................. to get done before Friday:

Test the gearbox goes back on no problem
Sort out some new inlet manifold bolts
Bleed the brakes
Check the carbs arent sticking
Put the dash & oil pressure gague back in

I'll take you up on a road trip once we're back in the UK and are in a position to finish the car Paul :)

Looking forward to hearing how she goes :)

I'll take you up on a road trip once we're back in the UK and are in a position to finish the car Paul :)

Looking forward to hearing how she goes :)

you'd be very welcome Dave! & id look forward to it

Nothing more nerve racking than the first turn of the key but im hoping for some good weather to get a few videos, very keen to see how the flywheel & cams pair up, & of course thanks again :)

me too got a maf meter on the way :) just lil bits, and a question for you or low rider here ant recommend torque wrenches?

me too got a maf meter on the way :) just lil bits, and a question for you or low rider here ant recommend torque wrenches?

Stick to a reasonable name & you couldnt go far wrong bud, Teng / Snapon / Britool its something that sees a good bit of use so its worth a good investment

Youre cars a winner mate :) what was involved in fitting the bike carbs? Cant really find anyone that shows how to fit them.. Thanks ;)

Hi mate thanks very much :)

Fitting carbs isnt too bad at all you just need a manifold making up to fit the carbs you want to use, jet the carbs to your spec, lower the fuel pressure down to 1 - 3 psi, make up a bracket for the throttle cable and your pritty much there!

If you're a more step by step guide let me know il pm you;)

P.s bit of info in here too bud
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/carb-conversion-guide.52443/

Hi mate thanks very much :)

Fitting carbs isnt too bad at all you just need a manifold making up to fit the carbs you want to use, jet the carbs to your spec, lower the fuel pressure down to 1 - 3 psi, make up a bracket for the throttle cable and your pritty much there!

If you're a more step by step guide let me know il pm you;)

P.s bit of info in here too bud
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/carb-conversion-guide.52443/
thanks very much mate! that was a huge help :) i just couldnt find anyone that explained the basics lol :) thanks!

Evening Folks managed to get a good bit done on the car over the week thanks to a break in the weather at last!

Hubs & wishbones were looking a little tatay so got a redoxide & a few coats of gloss.. (one coat still to do)

DSCN0159.jpg

EDIT: did you sand it with sand paper or paint over them?

Hi skinner! Incredible build, lots of inspiration to be taken from this! Where did you get your refurb kit for the big brakes? Just bought some pulsar ones and I need some anti chatter clips for them :p

Hi skinner! Incredible build, lots of inspiration to be taken from this! Where did you get your refurb kit for the big brakes? Just bought some pulsar ones and I need some anti chatter clips for them :p

Hi Motty! Ta very much..

Here's a link to the rebuild kit
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Al...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item48496cb348

Unfortunately i never got my hands on new pad shims (two companies i purchased them from then told me they were out of stock!!), i just cleaned up the ones i had that came with the caliper in the end.

Sorry if thats not much help

Back