• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Skinners Sprint Micra

Low Rider

Poindexter
Club Member
Oh Christ il be careful with the bias valve!
I just mean prepare for a bit of a shock at the level of retardation they are capable of, especially on a warm set of tires once they're fully bedded in.

The modulation and sustained stopping power is breathtaking. You'll wonder why you stuck with anything else for so long.

They will make GTIR brakes feel like cheese, it's a SERIOUS upgrade.

Those are the hub spaces mate, so between the strut and hub to widen the track.

Extended rod ends should be waiting for me at home, then to sort out the wishbones and shafts!
Do you have power steering? Where on the ground does this put a line between the strut top and the ball joint? (steering axis)
If the middle of the contact patch is too far outside this the wheel has leverage over the steering and will try to fight you I think (scrub radius).
This would seem to move the centre of the tyre out significantly without moving that line out, I imagine longer bottom arms will help but there seems to be a lot to make up.
http://86.43.94.97/moodlecp9a/file.php/1/glossary/pv/steering/geometry/posnegoffset.jpg

OP
OP
Skinner_87

Skinner_87

Club Member
Do you have power steering? Where on the ground does this put a line between the strut top and the ball joint? (steering axis)
If the middle of the contact patch is too far outside this the wheel has leverage over the steering and will try to fight you I think (scrub radius).
This would seem to move the centre of the tyre out significantly without moving that line out, I imagine longer bottom arms will help but there seems to be a lot to make up.
http://86.43.94.97/moodlecp9a/file.php/1/glossary/pv/steering/geometry/posnegoffset.jpg
I done have power steering at the moment but i have assembled enough kit to re install a P/S which is the plan.

It's bad enough as it is with the diff and manual rack!

I may have to look then at the offset of the wheels to reduce this