• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Micra Virgin.

Alright guys, Don't snap too hard I'm new. Here goes nothing...

Ok, so all the lads around by me all have the standard corsa's, 106 and puntos, you know the standard first chavy cars and i want something different and i think the *pizza boy* car will suit that job (yes that's what my mates call micra's.... (where's my shotgun...)

What I want to know is a micra suited for a first car, are they reliable. Ive been looking around this site for a while and slowly catching the micra bug that seems to be floating about...

Any help on this subject will help alot.

Yes this will be build blog once i decide to get one ( I have the money)

What are they like with the rust? is there any ones that are known for rust ? or would it jsut be the age of the motor (noobie question I know)

Rust is the killer in micras, the engines are extremely well built and very reliable. Most problems are easy and cheaply repaired. If your wanting top spec look for a super-s or sr (pre-facelift) or if you fancy a facelift an si or sport+ (pretty rare too)

When buying one check out the inner/outer sills and rear inner arches for rust/repairs. Floors and front crossmembers also rust!

I reckon if they didnt rust so bad there would be 1000's more driving our roads today

Front crossmember and the sills are their weak points other than that if the body work is looked after rust won't be an issue

Edit: what stani said :)

hmmm looks like ill be looking quite deeply into a car now before buying !

I want to get just a normal 1.0L micra's due to the stupid prices of insurance these days, putting a S on the end of anything they will take your left leg being a teenager !

Go for a micra bud. I have owned or driven all the other cars you have mentioned,and micra's are miles ahead of all of them. I got mine five years ago, and i am convinced it is go'n to out live me lol. They are that good.

I think i will just find one and buy it...lower it and get some nice rims and not look back at other cars.....

Thank you for all the help guys, im sorry that you'll be seeing more of me !

Im postitivly sure the micra will be the best choice. The first one I had was bought out of need when the company I work for moved silly miles away, it had been faultless for just over a year, until some silly girl drove into the back of it. After looking onto buying another I soon realised a Micra was the only way. Some of my mates take the pee, but these are the same people that have taken the pee out of my somewhat leftfield choice of cars over the years. Compared to anything else in its class, Micras just drive so well, are excelent on fuel, plenty of space inside, easy to make look good (see almost anything else on this site) and are pretty much universal, much like the original Mini. Those who pigeon-hole them probably struggle to look past the end of their noses lol

Back