Scottish-Sr and his black bonnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough one this.

Either way - i think a compromise should be reached. Nothing can change the fact of the bonnet now being damaged - but imo i think Dusk should possibly refund some of the costs for not being clear about the colours of the bonnet.

My 2p on it all. And in future - let this be a warning to all who send via couriers etc, as this happens alot.

Titch

Titch said:
Tough one this.

Either way - i think a compromise should be reached. Nothing can change the fact of the bonnet now being damaged - but imo i think Dusk should possibly refund some of the costs for not being clear about the colours of the bonnet.

My 2p on it all. And in future - let this be a warning to all who send via couriers etc, as this happens alot.

Titch
I agree with this and if the courier will not pay out i think a token gesture of £20-£30 would be fair. fwn

my 2p, i think everyone is being a bit harsh on Dusk. SR arranged collection so he should have used his head and organised a company that did do some sort of insurance, Dusk should have mentioned the fact the bonnet was white underneath but then SR SHOULD have demanded a refund straight away instead of hummin n harrin n creatin polls n this n that but either way a full refund would be out of the question and if you would be £30 out of pocket sendin it back whats the point?

on a lighter note SR u say u like everything perfection but your willing to stick black wheels on your red car and show it? cant be that much of a perfectionist, a wouldnt put black wheels on my car to scrap it let alone show it :D

is this argument still going on? dont people have better things to do on a saturday?

dusk said:
*I* was very busy during the time you wanted to purchase it

duh dont sell it if you are busy and cant take the rap for a #### up

Big_Ben said:
on a lighter note SR u say u like everything perfection but your willing to stick black wheels on your red car and show it? cant be that much of a perfectionist, a wouldnt put black wheels on my car to scrap it let alone show it

wassat gotta do with the price of fish?

Layla said:
duh dont sell it if you are busy and cant take the rap for a #### up
My point exactly - HE arranged the collection of the bonnet without my knowlage.

Anyway - your complaining about this argument still existing - stop contributing to our...(as you put it) Personal matter.

Dusk said:
Well, if you get a refund - you will be down £30 which is alot more than i would have been if you returned it to me.

Perhaps over-declare the value if you can to re-coup your costs.

At the end of the day if the parcel you got delivered to yourself came in one piece you would have put it on your car nomatter what colour the underside was, the fact that it is now damaged is an excuse for you to "not want" the bonnet, this is also shown in the thread you ask for peoples opinions. Since you have been offered a cheaper quote by your bodyshop to do it to your current bonnet rarther than fix the old one of COURSE you want to send it back, because you have decided now that you dont want it. And that you can get it done cheaper to your own.

Well, *I* dont want it back; it was a perfectly good bonnet and it has been ruined, fair enough if i refunded you then yould be down £30, but i would be down £100 - the bonnets worth.

Id also like to point out that *I* was quite busy over the time you wished to purchace the bonnet, and was away from my computer for quite a long time. In that time YOU personally arranged to have it collected from my friends house *I* never actually TOLD you that you could pick it up OR a time OR a place - this was done through someone else. I sat down at my computer - you had paypalled me the money - and then was sent a txt that you will be picking it up the following morning.

Perhaps i could courier you a tin of black spraypaint for the underside? Out of my own pocket?

All of that is completely immaterial and far from the point, if you would have sold this bonnet on ebay or anywhere else then the buyer on reciept of the bonnet would say completely the same thing. You haven't properly advertised the item your selling. It's common practice to give a full item description and a different colour underside is a key factor in determining a sale.

Unfortunately you have falsely advertised the bonnet and that is why a full refund should be given and the point about the white underside is very valid indeed. If Scottish SR would have come to purchase the bonnet in person I highly doubt he would of purchased it (given the full description) as it would be cheaper to get a bodyshop to do the work on his current bonnet then to pay out for this bonnet and then get it colour coded.

If the courier that HE arranged to pick up my bonnet, remember i am NOT "the sender" HE is "the collector" and "the recipient" If the bonnet was fine at the other side and he diddnt like the bonnet id gladly have it back - this is not the case.

Dusk said:
If the courier that HE arranged to pick up my bonnet, remember i am NOT "the sender" HE is "the collector" and "the recipient" If the bonnet was fine at the other side and he diddnt like the bonnet id gladly have it back - this is not the case.
Again this is immaterial you have FASLELY advertised the item you have sold and Scottish SR has paid you in good faith. If the full item description would have been given he has already stated he would have not purchased the bonnet.

So if your un-willing to offer a full refund I think you should at least as a token gesture met him half way with a refund.

This certainly shows poorly on yourself that would not inform Scottish SR that the bonnet he's about to put on his red car has a white underside.

enough has been said on this topic...............

topic closed

Agree with Kev on all counts, how sad to see people behave like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back