Red Bonnet? Black Bonnet?

Red Bonnet? Black Bonnet?

• Total voters

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
As some will know I bought Dusks black badboy bonnet for my car. I recieved it today and guess what... the paint has got damaged in transit which I am not happy about.

I just got off the phone to the local bodywork shop and he said it would be £120 for a respray, or £100 if i gave him my old bonnet.

Now the dilemma happens. Do I keep the bonnet black, or get it painted red.

The car should be getting black wheels at some point soon aswell.

Got a couple of pics of the bonnet on Dusks car which was red with black wheels and a pic of my car with standard red bonnet.

Attachments

• not damaged 1.JPG
    not damaged 1.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 241
  • not damaged 2.JPG
    not damaged 2.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Micra 31.JPG
    Micra 31.JPG
    490.6 KB · Views: 217
Thats a pricey spray, becuase the bonnet is already a new black wouldn't a touch up be easier?

I love Dusks SR with black bonnet with tinted light and black rims!!
Do it!

goldstar0011 said:
Thats a pricey spray, becuase the bonnet is already a new black wouldn't a touch up be easier?

It would be the full thing getting sprayed I think. Im going to take it down later today to let them see it. Suprised everyone is actually going for red.

I think black sometimes looks good, but it can look like you can't afford a carbon bonnet lol. I voted for red but either could look kool I think. :)

i voted black... it was a good buy being badboy'd in black works really well with your red car... i seriously would consider any other colour than black...

Go black IMO, tie in nicely with the black wheels, and make it stand out a bit more.

But i agree with the cheap CF thing..

please just get it red, u will look like an absolute muppet if you go black (my opinion only) black wheels look crap too in my opinion, there the most common thing ever now. A have always been against them like but still just stick with red, a guarantee you people will think your original bonnet has been damaged nhats why u have a black one on - unless its carbon fibre its pointless

Yep go a bodycolour bonnet. Only time you're allowed black bonnet is when its carbon fibre. :) Even then I'd paint it bodycolour purely to keep prying eyes away from it.

Oh well, majority rules
One concern is colour matching, a brand new red will not really match you wings unless you can really T cut them good

Back