Running problems, help :(

heres the problem, my 2000 reg k11 wont run right, it seems to use loads of fuel and it is really sluggish, i raced it against my dads (completely standard 140k mile)1994 1.3 and he destroyed it, what could be causing this problem? and are the older 1.3s faster than the later "1.4"? i cant thave my dads old one beating my new shiny one so please help :)

Sluggish you say? AND using loads of fuel?

Just a wild guess, but are your tyre pressures correct?

heres the problem, my 2000 reg k11 wont run right, it seems to use loads of fuel and it is really sluggish, i raced it against my dads (completely standard 140k mile)1994 1.3 and he destroyed it, what could be causing this problem? and are the older 1.3s faster than the later "1.4"? i cant thave my dads old one beating my new shiny one so please help :)

checking for any faultcodes would be good start :grinning:

We did remove the airbox could it be related to this? what could be wrong with the throttle body? thanks :)

i would try it with the airbox back on then, (i,ve driven a 1.4 with an induction kit on and it had a huge flatspot in the midrange)
and yours is the later bosch throttlebody with a removable maf

i would try it with the airbox back on then, (i,ve driven a 1.4 with an induction kit on and it had a huge flatspot in the midrange)
and yours is the later bosch throttlebody with a removable maf
we did put it back on i mean we removed it briefly to do some work, could we have broken a seal or something? also what is different about the bosch throttle body? is it better or worse? thanks :)

we did put it back on i mean we removed it briefly to do some work, could we have broken a seal or something? also what is different about the bosch throttle body? is it better or worse? thanks :)

dont think you would break anything by removing the air filter box. bosch trottle body is better because you can change the maf sensor.

Back