Please help!! Running problem

S

spinner

My Micra isnt running right and I dont know what the problem is. Its a rally car which I have been building for the last year so hasnt been run for ages, but has been serviced and the engine is standard apart from an induction kit. It starts fine, iddles nice and smooth. I tried to drive it to get it MOTd the other day and it wouldnt rev over 2500. It would rev upto 2500 ish nicely, then die down to idle, but not stall. Then it would rev back up again, but kept dropping off at 2500. I gave up on getting to MOT station, turned round to go home, and it was fine, revved over 5k no prob for about half a mile, then played up again until i got home. It revs fine now it is parked up in the the garage.

Ay ideas or suggestions? Ive got a rally in it on the 5th November and its got to be MOTd before then, PLEASE HELP!!

sounds like a throtle body problem

get one from a scrappy,and use a new gasket wen u fit it

a self diagnostic wil show you if it is this,do you have haynes manual?

Its the ECU - its either a lose connection or its gubbed. Does your car have NATS? If not then get another one from the scrappie and it will be fine.

Its going into limp mode as it doesnt no whats happening, so will only run to about 2500 - 2700. If its not that, check and clean the Air flow sensor as thats where the problem is. The ECU can't tell what air is is - so jumps into limp mode.

Titch - :kungfu:

As always do a fault code read out and see what it says.

Ive done a diagnostic check today, as it says in the Haynes manual. It just gave me code 55 which means everything is normal. It will rev up quite happily now it is parked in my garage. I am thinking it could be a problem with the soldering on the PCB in the throttle body, which will be shaken around a lot as I am driving due to the very stiff suspension and engine mounts. As it is shaken it will keep "making and breaking" the joints. Does that sound likely to anyone?

Back