problems starting...... HELP!

J

Justin

Hi guys, new to this forum and joined purely for your expert help!

ok my girlfriend has a 1.0 micra 1997 with 70k on the clock, all has been fine for 6 months of owning it until now...

parked up 1 night as normal, next morning went to start it, it was tickign over and sounding like its goign to start but it just wont. so she calls me, i take a look at the car, tried to:

-Jump start it
-checked for spark with a odd spark plug, didnt take micra plugs out as i dont have the tool
-changed the battery
-checked fuses in the car + fuses in engine bay
-checked if it has petrol(she is blonde)

all seems fine, petrol is getting to the engine, so anyway... i left it for then went back to it few hours later, all is the same APART from interior light not working, horn, wipers, indicators..ect all not working. however heater and headlights are working.

cant put my finger on it for my life! so im guessing why the horn indicators...ect dont work is another problem?? back to the first problem... could it be the dizzy? alternator? ecu? if ecu or a fuse on the ecu(if has 1) where is it located? also am told i shoudl remove the fuel pump fuse(where is this?) and try to start it.....

your help is appriciated!!

thanks

p.s has no alarm or immob

look by your right knee (when sat in drivers seat) fuse box... on the back of the flap you have a fuse guide...

sholud be on the right toward the top...

i had a similar problem but mine would eventually start, and then run fine for the rest of the day and then not start again the next day. i think mine was due to the fuel pump and plugs cos i changed them yesterday and it started first time this morning.
if you find it does start after several attempts then there are a few common faults that can cause this which are mentioned in 'early k11 starting faults' but if it wont start at all then it wont help.
you should really check the micra plugs cos they might be the problem, although it sounds like you probably have a electrical fault.

genuis idea though hughes_16v with the fuse

hi guys, just a update,

its now started, and running fine.......

really wierd!!!!! the lights on the dash/wipers/horn...ect woudltn work due to a fuse blowing in the engine bay next to the battery, didnt notice this as it blew after i was looking for dud fuses.

so 1 prob was the fuse,

so you guys reckon it was an electrical fault? well it did rain that day so maybe it got damp somewhere? if not and you recommend to change the plugs, how much are they? been quoted £25 from 1 place so far. also spark plug gap was abit big but shoudltn cause it to do this?

sorry mate, i meant £25 for a set of leads....

£10 for a set of plugs,

so should i change them both? what abotu a rotor arm?

not too sure where there all located bud? could you point me where they all are? you'll prob hate me for saying this but im used to vauxhalls. but now owning a honda it is simular layout to the nissan but still not used to the honda yet...

also wondered what size socket i need for the spark plugs 16mm or?

best using a plug spanner,,think its 18,,lmao not sure tho

major one is under the battery tray
then look at the passenger side of the block,above the gear box for one
thers one on the drivers side engine mount
and one behind the first injector(drivers side ) down rite at the back
think they may be one from the starter motor in the midle at the back of the engine,

whilst your doing this,check every wire for corosion,and connectios are ok,then you know its not a simple problem (like a loose wire)

the best tenner you could spend on this car is a haynes manuall,ther really good for these sort of things,,im tight so lent robbo's :D

Back