• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

RIP 2011-2014 Skymera's K11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks ace mate, glad youve got the old grill back.. never liked that blank one. were the arches easy enough to role? how big was your jack handle?
Easy? Yeah, but they came out a little battered. Some dents, creases. All need filler / beating out / fist of pain.

I used a jack pole from a 3ton trolley jacked wrapped in masking tape. This worked on all arches just enough. For good measure I used a 2" exhaust pipe today to do the rears again, got 3-5mm more but again added some more uneven-ness. These arches really don't roll easily! The inner arch feels quite thick, but I guess with enough heat they'll come out a treat.

Got a dent in both rear quarters, but they can be pushed out from inside the boot area. Some general uneven-ness which will be filled and painted.

The front arches were strange. Passenger side rolled out perfect the first time, no creases. Got a small ding where a screw underneath has been pushed into the wing so it has a pimple..
Drivers side wing didn't fare as well, lost some shape from the door line, and ended quite creased. Worst comes to worst, new wing and try again though we're going to remove it, kick dents out and fill.

The grill...kicked, thrown and stepped on. So I removed the filler, flatted it back and just stuck it back in the car. Half painted, half arsed, need a good lick of TJ4 paint and some dremel work.

So not all totally to plan, but I didn't really have a plan in the first place but that's just half the fun.

But I can see this being taken to RR with primer arches and dents everywhere :D

kGC8S.jpg
OH YASSS

Fitted centre caps and sprayed them white, unsure though
lRDNa.jpeg

Instagram, eugh.
vt8xz.jpeg

Also done the dim dip mod, works nicely.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Haha my idea worked did it Skymera? Did you take a nut cup straight off for the lock nut?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

What's the dim/dip mod? Car is looking great!
Removes the dull dim headlight when the sidelights are on. I can post a pic if you're unsure and want to try it.

If your unsure mate il glady buy them off you as im after some to spray white also :p
They're scuffed to hell, so probs best getting down to breakers yard or something ;)

Haha my idea worked did it Skymera? Did you take a nut cup straight off for the lock nut?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Worked great. I did it that night actually with those mole grips :p Not the best spray job, but it's fine for what they are.

Thanks for comments.

Cut the wire to stop the dim headlight turning with the sidelights :)
hVTpS.jpeg

52Esa.jpeg

EDIT: Just noticed the other picture isn't clear, it seems to have focused on my lovely and clean carpet xD

So my gearbox has been leaking oil.

Fit it roughly 3 months ago since it was a recon gearbox.

Can't see any cracks so ill get it on the axle stands today and give it a good clean. Hopefully then I can see where it's leaking from, I think it might be a drive shaft seal.

Might temporarily silicone any cracks or leaks I see.

So here is my new toy, it cost me £30 from a scrap yard.
aky1om.jpg

Having a bit of trouble fitting it. As it is, it wont go over the anti-roll bar at the front and it also wont separate :(

I'm reluctant to undo the ARB as I fear I wont be able to put it back on.

Anyone got any tips?

WHHATTT £30!!! i paid £150 for mine!! anywhooo cuz im nice, ill tell ya the secrets on installing it!

• Disconnect alternator belt
  • remove alternator
  • remove alternator mounting bracket
  • undo the four arb bolts
  • feed the exhaust manifold from underneath
thats the way im afraid make sure you tighten the arb bolts back on *****ing tight :D

ps take to take old mani off run engine few mins to heat bolts up, watch the ol'fingers tho ;)

Best to drive a flat screwdriver under the two joints really (peel them back a bit) then separate the mani imo :)

Thanks for quick replies!

I'll try beating it apart later but if that fails ill removing the arb

Best to drive a flat screwdriver under the two joints really (peel them back a bit) then separate the mani imo :)
Peeled them right back but it wasn't budging at all. It almost looks welded or tacked together...

Seems like fitting this 4-2-1 is just a bit too much work for me right now, short on time and now even shorter on funds so I'm putting it up for sale.

Managed to fit the 4-2-1 today, took many hours and lot of swearing doing it myself.

The car is starting to bog down at low revs and very hesitant pulling away, seems to idle ok. I'm suspecting a blocked fuel filter as fuel was very low and it has been on the axle stands all day!

The lambda sensor also looks pretty bent, would this affect it? I can fit the sensor from my original manifold.

9r57uu.jpg

30ses6t.jpg

Bit of a blow from the manifold but that shouldn't affect it really should it?

Bit of a blow from the manifold but that shouldn't affect it really should it?

Might do abit, letting in oxygen causing the lambda to read higher thus increasing fuelling. I've got the gaskets if u wanna buy off me?

Might do abit, letting in oxygen causing the lambda to read higher thus increasing fuelling. I've got the gaskets if u wanna buy off me?
How much for the gaskets? I'd like about 3-4

Seems the lambda is at fault, unplugging it and car drives no problem, hopeully the lambda from the standard mani will fit the 4-2-1

If you have a blow it will be that that's causing the problem not the lambda, unplugging the lambda will make the car ignore the extra air its getting in the exhaust fumes.
Seal the blow before you changing a relatively expensive sensor.
Trust me on this.

If you have a blow it will be that that's causing the problem not the lambda, unplugging the lambda will make the car ignore the extra air its getting in the exhaust fumes.
Seal the blow before you changing a relatively expensive sensor.
Trust me on this.

Ok, i'm thinking of using 3 gaskets or so to try and fill the gap, then maybe some exhaust putty. I'm not too clever with exhausts...

Blowing very left side near the bottom bolt, looks slightly bent so there's a gap. No cracks or anything.

so the head..... if the flange is bent, try straigtening it or getting an engineering company to do it for you

that looks hardcore! ditch the centre caps tho or paint em black. ;)
Yep it's next on my todo list, maybe keep the embossed Nissan logo white? I'm not sure.

Anyway, 2 thick exhaust manifold gaskets ordered today, fitting them tomorrow which should fix the blow between the mani and the head.

So just pulled off the remains of my alternator belt exhaust mount. Made another temporary one with 2 jubilee clips (one around the exhaust and another around a bolt bracket type thing) and 5 zip ties holding them together. It holds the exhaust high enough to drive for a short while.
Also lowered coilies back down after being forced to wind them up after the sat nav took me down hellish roads on the journey back from RR!
----
Re-routing the exhaust out the back!

Centre pipe just got delivered, sadly Frank, it's not the coilpack one so I'm in need of a decat pipe now and a backbox to fit.
iWaKm.jpg

So just pulled off the remains of my alternator belt exhaust mount. Made another temporary one with 2 jubilee clips (one around the exhaust and another around a bolt bracket type thing) and 5 zip ties holding them together. It holds the exhaust high enough to drive for a short while.
Also lowered coilies back down after being forced to wind them up after the sat nav took me down hellish roads on the journey back from RR!
----
Re-routing the exhaust out the back!

Centre pipe just got delivered, sadly Frank, it's not the coilpack one so I'm in need of a decat pipe now and a backbox to fit.
iWaKm.jpg

I need a new middle pipe, would that one fit mine?

Splitter redrilled and fitted back to the bumper after it felt the wrath of the field at RR.

Do you remember me saying about my alternator belt exhaust hanger? Well here is version 1.1
2 jubilee clips and 5 zip ties :D
D6dsg.jpg

Obviously this is temporary until I sort out a decat pipe and a backbox to fit my new centre pipe, hopefully in a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back