• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

RIP 2011-2014 Skymera's K11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I was stumped too. I'm at work at the mo, when I get a spare few mins I'll upload a pic for you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

f9nZ7.jpg

Behind where my horn is you'll see a small threaded hole. Luckily the thread was the same as the screw that came with the horn.

I screwed it in just enough to squeeze the horn on then done up the nut in the wheel arch where it pokes through :)

Just noticed. How u manage a Chrome one? Mines red lol might see if I can fit mine lower somewhere :confused:

Got round to changing the spark plugs today, don't think they needed changing but I hadn't done them since I owned it in Jan.

I chose NGK as I've heard good things and have always used them. Was torn between those and the Bosch Super 4's but they seem well overpriced for what they are.

Plugs I removed:
Don't look too bad? Bit burnt but usable I'd say.
6gkcg7.jpg

Should have my RamAir neoprene induction pipe arriving tomorrow so going to attach that to the inlet and my K&N on the end and find the best place to put it :D

Stupid me. So my "pipe arrived"...

I really should have read the description close, I thought it was 70mm x 100cm but actually it's 70mm x 100MM.... >.<

So I have this tiny neoprene tube which is useless.

I was given an old induction pipe by a friend and everything fit together snugly. But this thing would have more rigidity if it were made of tin foil, seems like a crappy Halfrauds job. Fitting it was a PITA and when I closed the bonnet it dented the induction pipe. Bah, so off to buy a new one very soon :rolleyes:

I'll get a pic up of my bodge currently.

So the actual pipe arrived and it fits well
2huTD.jpg

But the car seems extremely underpowered at high revs?

Removed the 70mm induction pipe and placed the filter back on the inlet and the power is back.

Not a placebo as 45mph in 2nd was a struggle.

So what gives? Is 70mm too restrictive with a straight through?

Okay, so it's clear my new wheels don't fit, tyres too chunky, centre bore too small.

So i'm off to have all 4 tyres removed then hopefully get a quote on getting the centre bore increased to K11 spec which I believe is 59.1mm?

Okay, so it's clear my new wheels don't fit, tyres too chunky, centre bore too small.

So i'm off to have all 4 tyres removed then hopefully get a quote on getting the centre bore increased to K11 spec which I believe is 59.1mm?

Yep,

Sweet, got the tyres off.

I have 2 unused 195/50/13 if anyone needs them?

Car is getting booked into the engineer shop tomorrow to get the centre bores done.
Some more pics with tyres off
ub6XY.jpg

mI8xr.jpg

jIeVa.jpg

Long way to go with these yet!

Sweet, got the tyres off.

I have 2 unused 195/50/13 if anyone needs them?

Car is getting booked into the engineer shop tomorrow to get the centre bores done.
Some more pics with tyres off
ub6XY.jpg

mI8xr.jpg

jIeVa.jpg

Long way to go with these yet!

Woaw those are dishy! whats the rim width/offset etc?

Backspace - (width/2) = Offset

Just make sure that if you measure the width over the total width of the wheel you measure the backspace to the same point, or if you measure the width to the bead seat measure the backspace to the inner bead seat.

Stretched tyres then time to bust out the arch roller.
Hopefully 1.5-2inches of flare will cover the tyre tread

Stretched tyres then time to bust out the arch roller.
Hopefully 1.5-2inches of flare will cover the tyre tread

hmm, i gained about 1/2 an inch on my arches, you can lose the inner lip very easily with the archroller, but they dont shift a lot from there

Might need those bolt on arches Hmmm.

I'll see how far I can get with flaring, I'm sure someone was running 9J on here with 2 inches of flare

yes i,ve got 9.5 inches between the rear shock and outer arch, but the ET would need to about +30 iirc, your ET looks nearer to -30 at a guess :)

Yep! Determined to get these working without over arches!

Im not putting a downer on what your doing, cuz it wont be ace if u can pull it off :) but a 165 on my 8.5 is just within the arch, how small u gonna go lol

Looking on willtheyfit 165/55 and 175/50 stretch about the same. So either.

Yep! Determined to get these working without over arches!

some staple on arches work. i personaly prefer one thats been filled an all that then looks as it came out the factory like that.

I was looking at that very same horn mate, any chance of a vid to see how it sounds? Did you get it from passion_automotive or something off the bay?

Those wheel look oooge mate, can't wait to see them on the car with tyres...

I was looking at that very same horn mate, any chance of a vid to see how it sounds? Did you get it from passion_automotive or something off the bay?

Those wheel look oooge mate, can't wait to see them on the car with tyres...

I can get a vid tomorrow, bit late now to annoy the neighbours. I got it from eBay for like a 13quid.

Car arches are getting done in just over a week, they will be cut, flared and then steel welded over the top, flatted back and temporarily painted black.
I should be able to run these wheels then :D

I'll also be at RR on the 19th Aug ;)

Ahh a man who knows the difference between link state and distance vector protocols!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Getting 4 new 165/55/r13 fitted Monday with a bead blaster.

£45 each fitted so £180 which seems fair...

Seems about right, my tyres were £32 (including VAT) fitted them myself, saved myself some money ;)

upload somes piccys once done

Seems about right, my tyres were £32 (including VAT) fitted them myself, saved myself some money ;)

upload somes piccys once done
Will do, at least this way they all get balanced as well and I don't have to do it :p
I opted for 165/55/13 as I see that's what you're running and they were quite a bit cheaper. Real excited to finally put them on the car with rubber just to see how much arch work needs doing. Hoping that with the skinnier tyre and the rebored centre-bore that not much will need doing :rolleyes:

Btw any traffic cop knows that maximum poke is 30mm. No matter weather your thread is inside the arch or not. Gonna look epic but you screwed anyway.

mckenziecz said:
Btw any traffic cop knows that maximum poke is 30mm. No matter weather your thread is inside the arch or not. Gonna look epic but you ####ed anyway.

Meh, only actual rule states that the tyre tread has to be under the arch, but I cba to find it now.

Also 30mm.. Measuring from where? I won't have much poke after my arches are all flared.

So tyres are fitted, here are some pics of a TEST fit to gauge the arch clearance. Arches are to be flared later today or tomorrow.
Butcq.jpg

esCz6.jpg

qnflE.jpg

As you can see, bit of rolling to do but no where near as much as I expected. Still going to flare them as much as possible. Actual tyre poke is only around 10-12mm or so, I measured :D

Not expecting the paint to fare very well at the hands of rolling and flaring, so I have some primer and sandpaper. If the paint cracks (I expect it to) I will mask up the arches and paint them primer for now till I get some TJ4 cans.

Not to everyone's tastes, not entirely to mine, maybe half an inch too much poke for my liking so I'll probably have these up for sale before year's end.

Your rear quoter is gonna collaps if you roll this much. The face of the wheel is definitely poking more then 30mm which will get you in a lot of trouble. I really think you gonna struggle to pull this of. Also the paint is gonna get goosed.

Thanks! Going to see what we can do with current arches, if it doesn't work then I'll invest in bolt on arches.

Bolt ons! at least this would be using them properly!

(It's going to look fab whatever you do).

Well, we did it.

One friend, one blow torch and one jack pole wrapped in masking tape.
It's not pretty, it's NOT finished. But the arches are all over the tyre treads and we flared them as much as we could.

All need repainting and some dents sorted out, nothing major nor something I didn't expect.
And all need some more flaring over the next few days.

Overall I'm pleased. Over arches or welding is still on my todo list so this isn't final product :D
adk7i.jpg

mnplQ.jpg

qBPAH.jpg

9cTqp.jpg

Looks ace mate, glad youve got the old grill back.. never liked that blank one. were the arches easy enough to role? how big was your jack handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back