• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Micra k11 1.3 GX =D

hi first time posting been reading following this site for a while now
thought i would start my own blog to show what i have been doing/done to the car

its a 1998 flame red AJ4 3 door 1.3 gx standard before i started not bad nick :D

will get new piks when i can

Whats still to be done:
de-bumpstrip STARTED
set of black alloys DONE
flat wipers
new and better headlight bulbs DONE
rev counter DONE
blue in dash bulbs DONE
exhaust TOO COME April
paint calipers an drums DONE TEMP
front and rear splitters sum kind of sides aswel
gear knob and gaitor DONE
handbrake gaitor
something with the seats not sure yet
tint rear windows DONE KIND OFF LOL
paint rocker cover DONE SORT OFF
H4 BI-XENON H.I.D KIT BOUGHT TO BE FITTED
Jap Style Front Plate & New Rear Plate Coming in April
:laugh: listed small details i know lol

Whats Been done:
replaced front right driver side panel as old one was rusted tae nobody's business good scrappy replacement :D
smoked rear lights
smoked side indicators
black grill
black Nissan badges front and back
steelies re-done in black
nismo vinyls back window front window
shadow works vinyls custom for anyone who doesn't know shadowworks http://www.shadowworks.co.uk/
best custom made sub woofers know the guy doesn't live to far have to say the best i have ever heard will try getting a video of them from somewhere soon.
led sidelights
led brake and reverse lights
led numberplate lights
debadged side and back
yellow tint headlight bulbs old school look
done interior bits in black more to do
shelf speakers changed to jbl 6x9s
front door speakers changed to fli
sony amp under seat
alpine sub woofer type s in boot
kenwood head unit lol third one after two alpines best so far i have to say
capacitor next to amp
secret switch ;)
tinted windows kind of
tacho/rev meter
blue dash
blue neon foot wells
foot well and under rear seat led lights can change color in click of a button
standard alarm led changed from red to blue
apiro induction kit kind off custom pipe

That's about all i can remember right now lol more piks to come

what it looked like for a while before i started modding it more

led side lights and alpine head unit
Micra.jpg

DUDA-0004micraheadunit.jpg

led back lights and number plate lights
23122009051.jpg

Apiro induction kit and custom fit pipe
ApiroFilter.jpg

FilterAndBitsForMicra.jpg

Black front grill in progress and my workshop lol :p
16122009119.jpg

16122009118.jpg

16122009123.jpg

Putting mesh in
18122009030.jpg

And finished grill
18122009035.jpg

18122009037.jpg

18122009034.jpg

Side Indicators in progress of being smoked
18122009038.jpg

Old speakers parcel shelf
18122009039.jpg

new speakers 6x9 in parcel shelf with led red neon underside connected to boot light
18122009040.jpg

18122009042.jpg

lol thought i would stick this somewhere
23122009047.jpg

foot well leds no piks of back yet get some soon and old 2nd alpine head unit
23122009043.jpg

23122009045.jpg

23122009046.jpg

23122009048.jpg

Bits i have painted black more to do
23122009044.jpg

Front grill finished and on Nissan badge painted black and led sidelights different ones than before brighter
23122009050.jpg

23122009049modified.jpg

Yes progress is slow busy studying lol thank you update when get new pictures after i clean it on a decent day when snow goes away grr
Plenty more stuff done just need to take piks
any comments questions suggestions would like to hear (Y)
And first time posting sorry if any mistakes:wasntme:

thanks mate your gx looks amazing (Y)

Anyone around glasgow area modding there micras and selling bits and bobs i need and could buy let me knw :blues:

looking good man where abouts you from in the glasgow area?

(p.s please dont use txt speak as it can be difficult to read and you can get infractions for it as i have some :p)

thanks mate get some new pictures soon, well just outside glasgow in mearnz, not far from you. Oh cheerz mate all keep that in mind, cant help it sometimes saves a lot of time typing :laugh:

sorted mate cheerz all defoz put my name down once i know am free on the day, you know where i can get a backbox decent price cheap? Asked this guy for a quote simonscustomexhausts.co.uk 3inch tailpipe including fitting said £140 any comments anyone? Also said cat back system would be £270 kind of a noob at exhausts dont know what that is to be honest fwn any help appreciated

i can get you a box super cheep for £20 but its a universal so some welding will be required ill take a photo of the two in my work and you can decide

alreeet man, welcome to the club.
theres a bb in dundee just now http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nissan-micra-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a56a5b368
or get one off mullet and weld it up

as for exausts, you want a foo system, like new manifold because the micra ones are restrictive and you can find a janpseed about here sometimes. or http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/K11_Tuning_2084/
have a look at that to get some ideas. but if your going to get a system you may aswell get the right one. and cat backs not really much use. go all out :D

exausts' diagram http://www.economymufflerandbrake.com/images/diag/diagram_exhaust.jpg
-under the bonnet the bit rite at the front of the engine is the manifold, then you have a cat (catalitic converter, used to keep the planet green but makes you slow!!! grr )
-then you have another cat and a silencer, look under the car and youll see it all .
-then your back box.
to get a real exaust that helps preformance as well as makin you go vrooooom, you want the exaust as free flowing as you can get, so a manifold which has a bigger bore and no cat will be good.

nice wee gx tho, like the badge in the glove box :D.

suggestions as always.. set of wheels, and drop it. :D

thanks a lot mullet will be interested definitely can't wait to see, soldering i can do welding not got a clue know anywhere that will do it and about how much? And where about you working mullet come and see you one day when am passing by.

thanks for the information and links shero cleared things up at the moment just looking for a bit of noise not wanting to get rid of the cat a will go all out once i have the money and time i suppose. how much do the janspeed manifolds usually go for or better of with custom made one? thanks need to get more photos up will do soon as. yeah had to put that wee badge somewhere couldn't get rid of it :p
Looking for a set of black wheels am on the look not in such a hurry YET a know a will be soon. And i want to lower it but again noob on suspension and lowering, tried searching but doesn't explain enough to me any help guys thanks.

Thanks a lot for the help and suggestions guys really much appreciated :D

Well if its just the noise just get a back box mate, thatll give you a good roar. lol. and get the one off mullet wont cost you much more than 30 to get it welded i guess. or find someone who can weld it up for ya.
janspeeds , ive seen them form 80 - 120. and they are good manifolds, give really good gains.

dont look for black wheels only mate, if you see a mice set of wheels for cheap just get them n re spray them black, probly be cheaper. :D

lowereing, you want a set of either -35 or - 50 mm springs, get them off ebay or matt on this forum.
you dont need new shocks but would recomend a whiteline panhard rod, ( the digonal bar at the rear axel) because its adjustable. although i never used one on my first micra, and it was -50mm (ish) for about a year n a half. lol.
FAR better handling and looks so much better! :D
and its an easy job to do, just posted this earliter actually....

fronts
-jack up the front and take both wheels off
-under the bonnet theres two 12mm nuts on each side where the shockers mount to the car.
-take them off, then at the bottom of the shocker theres two 17mm bolts holding it to the hub.
-take them off, ( bit of wd40 and patience may be needed
-then pull the shocker out.
-(dont need spring compressesrs but they make it easier) take the nut at the top of the shocker off by clamping the top with vice grips and then taking the nut off. if you dont have spring compressers get something (a jumper) over the top mount and put all your body weight on it because the spring obviously wants to pop out ( this is a cowboy way but still works ) then just take the old spring out and the new one in and do all that in reverse.

-the backs are easier
put the front back together
-jack up the back (use the toe hook so you get both sides up bit easier
-thak the cne things in the boot off to show the top of the rear shockers.
-get the nut off that like the front ones.
-the shockers will drop allowing you to push the break out the way (downward) pull the old springs out and stick the new ones in.

and put all back together and your dropped.
if you need a hand just give us a shout, done it plenty times.

wow thanks a lot for the info shero, don't know anyone who can weld yet, all be looking for all wheel sets now lol. probably like a 35mm drop tried having a look how much does matt sell them for any clue? probably need a hand am good at everything not that bad at mechanical but i lose it when the darned nuts don't come off or get lose know it from changing the front right driver side panel . thanks again for the info shero cheerz mate.

Update!

well more pictures like i promised never seem to have the time to take them in the daylight always damn dark wen i get home

anyway tried de-bump stripping didn't get too far lol too cold and was snowing a bit again took a bit of all i could do before couldn't feel my hands :doh:
11012010084.jpg

as u can see middle part gone
11012010085.jpg

rear under seat neon's
11012010057.jpg

Shadow Works vinyls on dash and rear driver side window
11012010059.jpg

11012010061.jpg

my third (Y) and favorite head unit kenwood
11012010075.jpg

11012010077.jpg

11012010078.jpg

alpine type s in boot and red neon in boot and the back tinted lights brighter led bulbs second pik sets it off lol :laugh:
11012010083.jpg

11012010079.jpg

11012010082.jpg

Some images of the front
11012010074.jpg

11012010072.jpg

Some of the back nissan badge in black, gx badge in black might remove it what u think? nismo vinyl rear led brake lights, smoked taillights and shelf 6x9s. oh and led number plate lights love them :D
11012010068.jpg

11012010066.jpg

11012010065.jpg

yellow headlights cant do justice with pictures tried my best, smoked side indicators and black steelie's, oh and snowing :eek:
11012010062.jpg

11012010063.jpg

11012010064.jpg

last image best arty one i have taken lol (Y)

haaa, been there with bolts and nuts mate, i just renuewd all my front tie rods and wish bones and ended up angle grindin them off because they were so goosed. but usually nuthin a bit of heat+wd40 and a prize bar wont sort. :D

thats ebays ones http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5634e920d2

dunno how much matts are give him a email and ask hell sort ye out.
if you get the choice go 50, its always better lower. :D
aye man, nay bother!
and paint yer steelies white, rally slag ftw!!! :D haaaaaaaa.

a know mate took me some elbow grease an wd-40 to get the front panel ones off pain in the backside :( took me a whole day wonder how long it will take for me and the springs :glare:

thanx for that mate, cool erm how do i find him?
lol i was thinking that but i don't know might give me more hassle but might be worthwhile it as well :laugh:

cheerz mate, hahaa a was thinking that one of my cousins said i should do rally style white an red but i want and like the red and black theme favorite colors together (Y)

aye, go for black with ur alloys, i just mean while ur waitin to get nu wheels, white steelies look amazin!!! lol. go on to the members list on the menu and look for MPH, his names in green. then goto his profile and send him an email.

well a tip, a few days before you do the springs keep sprayin wd40 on the nuts ur gunna take off, give it time to soak in. :D

reet troops heres the cans i have on offer
picture.php

picture.php

either one will be the same price

i work in halfords in braehead you could take it to most garages and the can weld it up
mini meet soon if you want one

yeah i get u cant wait to get new wheels sorted though going be a bit of time before i start doing it up properly got some things to do house getting redone an studying doesnt help god all sorts arrggh hate waiting man. yeah a know they do lol seen them on some of the cars on here look of the hook lol, cheerz for that one will keep in mind ;)

ah cheerz mullet a like the one on the right like the oval ones always have might need to modify the bumper a bit though. cool will pop in if am around, right how much u think it will cost to weld? and like do they use parts from the old back box or what any clue? going to need to wait a while now mullet sorry mini meets gotta wait :( going to be busy next few weeks wont start modding it proper until am free thanks a lot for all the help though guys appreciate it will be back updating soon hopefully :down::blues:

aye man i thought it was a nicer looking one my self

depends on the garage theres a place called c and c exhausts in hillington which do them some places might used the old brackets some might make new ones
give me a shout when ur free and i cen getr the box too you

yeah it is like the oval ones, will need modify the bumper a bit though shouldn't be much of a problem. cheerz for the info mullet. yeah thanks will take you up on that don't know when a will get a chance a will let you know soon as yeah thanks

Right wee update tried tinting the windows after work today got the back left done andd....
that's about it started snowing AGAIN so left it will do the right hand side when i get the chance lol (Y)

13012010112.jpg

13012010113.jpg

cheerz ;)

will give you a txt tomorrow will have to speak to the mrs as i told her i would meet up with her and im also working any day you are free during the week?

alright mullet its no problem mate, a got your text am not to sure got college an work in the week am off on weekends erm maybe wenesday night? just give me a text yeah it can wait theres no hurry mate cheerz

Small Update

right guys got some stuff on the way philips blue vision h4s, blue led dash and heater lights & rev counter and pod anyone know where exactly the dizzy wire goes cause i haven't got a clue cheerz

will post images when everything's in! (Y)

So stuff arrived today some will be in tommrow when i get the time and exhaust soon of mullet

led dash bulbs blue, philips h4 blue vision headlight bulbs, rev counter and pod and more paint and stuff i got today

20012010141.jpg

Lol cheerz shero, busy with everything else even this small lot will take a while to put in. anyone know what colour the positive dizzy wire would be?

Right all parts are installed lol will get piks wen i can, headlight bulbs, dash lights blue, pod an tacho fitted and all working thanks to mullet for the info on where everything goes an how to pass the wire ;) also got exhaust off mullet will be installed in about a week or two when i can get it on here's a pik of the exhaust supersprint oval backbox

23012010143.jpg

23012010146.jpg

anyone selling alloys around glasgow for micra decent price 14s or 15s decent condition plan painting black if not already neway? cheerz

Right all parts are installed lol will get piks wen i can, headlight bulbs, dash lights blue, pod an tacho fitted and all working thanks to mullet for the info on where everything goes an how to pass the wire ;) also got exhaust off mullet will be installed in about a week or two when i can get it on here's a pik of the exhaust supersprint oval backbox

no problems man if you need help with anything else geis a shout glad to help :D

oryt cheerz mate erm about under a ton lol gona paint dem black if they not black already so dont matter bout the kerbing etc cheerz appreciate it

Small update, messing about with side mirrors an amber leds (Y)
lol result not bad an resprayed while i was at it here wat the left hand side looks like now do the right when i get the chance lol

25012010147.jpg

25012010148.jpg

update

both side mirrors now done an resprayed in gloss black, still need to get piks of new inside aswel also got a capacitor and installed systems bloomin banging ;) and new secret switch (Y) get pictures soon:grinning:

oh and new alloys hopefully come this thursday ;) 15's thats all im saying :D got plans for them to

big update small update u decide ;)

anyway time for update took more pictures still needs washed lol anyways here we goessss

piks of inside as promised rev meter dash bulbs blue an secret button can u see it ;)

30012010160.jpg

30012010161.jpg

30012010162.jpg

30012010172.jpg

flash off
30012010163.jpg

30012010164.jpg

30012010176.jpg

New Decal
30012010168.jpg

right more things done took windows switch thing of the primera GT, me and my uncle had, and put it in the micra today had modify the holder at the side a bit but got there auto window up an down an lock windows added ;)
30012010151.jpg

amber led sidelights in mirror in and all fitted and wired here you go
30012010186.jpg

tried catching them going of
30012010190.jpg

tow thing painted black color before rust :D
30012010191.jpg

took piks of engine bay today as i hadn't taken any here you go yes needs cleaned i know and rocker cover to be painted also
30012010183.jpg

30012010185.jpg

The apiro induction home made kind of lol :D
30012010181.jpg

a little of micra topic now but still Nissan i had to lol, the primera after the main daddy of the house right now the Audi a6 2.5 tdi quattro uprated garret turbo goes like a b**** :D My micra in the back before the modding started :)
dadsaudiquatromodified.jpg

the primera 2 litre GT sr20de if i remember correctly mines and uncles project before the micra good times good times heres some pictures all i have left couldnt find anymore better ones
SP_A0015.jpg

SP_A0014.jpg

SP_A0013.jpg

SP_A0011.jpg

SP_A0009.jpg

SP_A0010.jpg

SP_A0008.jpg

hope i don't get told of for this lol just sharing (Y)

last pik of the primera failing on us halfway to England bang in the middle somewhere between Scotland and England, drive shaft snapped in half the cause short shifter screwed it up, this was while it was still being work on as a project no am not in the pik just couple mates and uncle, i was taking the pik while waiting on the rac guy who turned up in the back as you can see while i was taking the pik got bored waited so long then towed back to Scotland ;) anyway the life of the primera sold on still around somewhere i hope
ElvissPrimeraGt-elvisscoobiedhahara.jpg

Hope u enjoyed, anyway the micra lol, still to come alloys front and rear splitter an side sometime this week coming hopefully oh and the exhaust ;) comments :D

anyone know if aftermarket alloys of an Toyota mr2 will fit the Micra? a know the originals will but don't know about any others on it if anyone catches my drift!?

guys gears are funny anyone know what it could be?it doesnt center by itself like goes 1st 2nd when going for third and out of 2nd it wont go in the middle just stays between 2nd and 1st wont go in the center between 3rd and 4th by itself have to do it myself it that makes sense goes into all gears fine though reverse a bit hard help please

i can answer your aftermarket wheel question, yes as long as the studs are 4x100 pcd and fits fine on hub most aftermarket wheels have a bigger center bore so they can fit a variety of cars you can get spigot rings to make up the gap and stop any vibrations you might get from them.

good luck (Y)

Alright mate, i'm 100% sure yer gearstick's gone wonky because the return spring has come off or snapped, it's underneath the car, directly below the stick...don't quote me but i think you'll have to get the cat part of the exhaust off, then the heatshield to access it, and with a bit of luck you should be able to bend a new hook from the broken bit of the spring (as long as it hasn't snapped in the middle, unlikely though) then hook it back on and it should be fine (Y)

Tidy motor too mate, maybe see it at the meet eh!

aaah cheerz mate sounbds like it could be that am going to take it in to my mates garage later this week to have a look or maybe he can sort it cheerz neway mate.

cheerz mate yh hopefully going to try and come ;)

Wee Update, standard air box fitted back on and induction taken off much better with standard but oh well had to try lol runing a pipe from the front open grill connected to the standard box now, new gearstick out of a scooby an gear gaitor still getting the gear problems sorted dont know what it is yet. will get some piks soon waitin on coupla hings backbox and wheels. got it serviced yesterday from my mate bmw specialists lol air oil filter ngk sparkies engine oil full works running at its best now ;) hopefullly alloys this coming week finished and ready to put on (Y)

Back