- Lowered approx 140mm
- GA16 Airbox and CAI pipe.
- De-stickered
- Pressed metal plates
- Tinted all round
- Coilpack centre pipe, standard back box
- Full decat
- Euro rear light
- Adjustable rear panhard rod, cheers Noddie !
- Tinted front lights
- EBC GreenStuff brake pads
- 4-2-1 Manifold
- 13x7.5J and 13x8.5J banded steels

To do:

- Some other niggles like dents and scratches.

First 2 pics are kinda old hence the stickers and stuff. Wheels are obv standard 13's

1owzdg.jpg

2mmvms0.jpg

33mtoy0.jpg

16m0wnd.jpg

9ar243.jpg

34do7eb.jpg

I'm currently studying Cisco CCNA at Open University and am also a part time pizza delivery driver!

Looks very good! I especially like the look of the smooth grill combined with the black bumpers.
Banded steels, and demudflaped would make it perfect and complete imo. 2nd best blue micra in the uk:p with the removal of the sunstrip and toe-eye-toy of course:rolleyes:

Love the smoothed front panel - are you going to take it all the way? Please do!

I've just got so excited about your car - It's probably not your style at all but I'm imagining a met blue K11 super smoothed, with white scallops and moon discs and white band tyres.

Please make it so........

Thanks for replies :)

Trying to keep it simple. I love clean looking cars so trying to get this as clean as possible!

- Smooth bumpers (But i'd love to keep the basic plastic look rather than car paint coloured)
- Wheels (humm, 13x7 and 13x8 banded steels?) Though slot mags look quite nice and are very reasonably priced.

Moon discs? I have those small nissan centre caps, I'd love for those to be 13" rim size and totally smooth!
I'll get some more pics today

Looks nice , you can smooth your bumpers and still have a plastic look . There are plastic coloured paints that are designed to repair plastic bumpers .
2 stage kit , first stage is a texture paint that matches the existing bumpers texture , 2nd is the colour coat.
Would need to go to either a bodyshop or paint suppliers to get the right texture and colour required .

Looks like i'm gonna get some mini lites

13x7 with rubber! Hoping to get the cash saved sharpish :D

also some more pics up, nothing spesh

Bump strips are next to do :)

Gonna set aside a nice sunny day to do them.

@SK193 - They're not that dark, just look darker in the picture :/

Ok here is the right and left, you can see how it's cut offset, but not cut down into the weld, just cut down to the weld. The weld isn't modified.
Big pics so you can see R-REG-SR
5lo3dx.jpg

m7z8sp.jpg

Nothing is bent, it's just a funny angle where I was lying on the ground

So my diff finally caked it. Reversing it was like someone yanked the handbrake up... and driving forwards gave an awful noise :D

Fitted the gearbox yesterday, bit of a pig. Took me and 1 other friend 6 hours to do! Thrust bearing kept popping out of place as we were trying to wiggle the new box onto the splines. A nut for the lower arm ball joint also got stuck which took a long time to free.

Some downsides to it, seems a complete twonk removed the box from another Micra. 1 rear box mount has a bolt snapped in it so I only have 2 bolts holding it in and a the gear receiver fork thing was badly bent and required a hammer to straighten it...seems they dropped it. Though could have been damaged in transit.

But the trickiest bit was getting the oil back into this box. Gearbox oil smells and we had to get it down into the speedo hole. hmmm, this required some creativity!
As you can see below we made a DIY drip for the oil :p Mess free and about 2.5L took 10mins or so to drip through :)
2im42zs.jpg

r0sb5l.jpg

2vhvq5c.jpg

So next on my list is to get my water pump replaced and the belt replaced. Seems the bearing or something is making a noise on every rotation, not loud but sounds crap.
My timing chain is also very rattly when starting the car and for 5 seconds or so when engine is running, any chance of the chain slipping? Hoping it's just noise.

oh shhhhh sugar! We've got 2 in nice and tight. I have 30days to get it swapped. But it's a PITA. Off to work now but i'll keep and eye on this!

So i've had cherrybomb on a day. Oh yeah, boss mounting. Not the final product.
Cherrybomb will replace centre cat then it'll be a straight 2" pipe out the side.

24g9c3r.jpg

Simple to fit.

Jack under the engine, remove engine mount. Undo the dozen or so 10mm bolts and prise the side panel off.

Undo the 2 10mm bolts holding the tensioner in and carefully remove. Fit new tensioner carefully. Will need you pressing down on the tensioner for it to slide in place. replace both bolts and tighten to secure the tensioner.

Apply some sealant to the side panel, fit back on and replace all the bolts. Reattach engine mount and job done :D

Simple to fit.

Jack under the engine, remove engine mount. Undo the dozen or so 10mm bolts and prise the side panel off.

Undo the 2 10mm bolts holding the tensioner in and carefully remove. Fit new tensioner carefully. Will need you pressing down on the tensioner for it to slide in place. replace both bolts and tighten to secure the tensioner.

Apply some sealant to the side panel, fit back on and replace all the bolts. Reattach engine mount and job done :D

Er, I'll get a proper "grease monkey" to do it, I think! :oops:

EDIT: I wouldn't even know what to undo! (Even though you've told me as well, doh!)

Er, I'll get a proper "grease monkey" to do it, I think! :oops:

EDIT: I wouldn't even know what to undo! (Even though you've told me as well, doh!)

ah ok, if you pop the bonnet and look on the left hand side of the engine you'll see a black flat plate with a dozen bolts. It's that :)
Hope you get it sorted :D

Anyway gave the rocker cover bit of a sanding the other day, hoping to get it ready for paint pretty soon but now has a much nicer look.
Was thinking TJ4 blue, same as the car and the Nissan Twin Cam text sanded down to metal? Or perhaps the opposite.
ndlqnb.jpg

So the tensioner is sorted but I'm still concerned over the noise it's making.

Here's a quick vid, the noise sounds a LOT worse on the vid than in real life.

http://db.tt/1hFza0hm

Gonna lift the cam cover tomorrow just to check everything is ok with that new tensioner. I remember it was dead silent when I fitted it, hmmm.

New adjustable panhard rod fitted, cheers Noddie!

Bit of a pig to remove!

2s9ohm8.jpg

33ykn83.jpg

kby453.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Haven't driven it since, I'll let you know. Still needs a little adjusting, clever bit of kit and very well made.

Video here, recorded on my phone. Quality is pretty poor and sounds pretty awful tbh

So my rear number plate boot plastic fell off again, this time pulling away one of the two screws actually holding it on.

Time to bust out the zippy tie. Oh yes, man's best friend is not the dog, it's the zip tie.
Used a heated screwdriver to make holes where the bolts should be on the boot trim, then I fed an intricate
series of zip ties through and pulled them tight and voila!
Isn't perfect, but it's on there pretty sturdy and will do so long as no one opens the boot with it!
2hggvwp.jpg

23kd6s5.jpg

106jbb7.jpg

Also done my bi-monthly flax oiling.
nweuxc.jpg

New pads arrived and fitted from Henryb102 cheers dude! Being easy on them to bed them in. About 300miles to bed them in fully?
Also tried to fabricate an exhaust hanger, once again busted out the zip ties.
2zzhlz9.jpg

28v7zwo.jpg

wow cars really heading in the right direction (for a while now)
some on here wanna live and die by the zip tie :)

Where did u stick ur horn? I didn't realise they were flippin huge!! Lol I have a habit for mistaken sizes (ie my exhaust) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back