• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

Bumper progress.
Cinnebar red paint smells so good.
1423597802612.jpg

Bumper progress part 5...6...7... eehh almost there!
1423669930757.jpg

1423669953257.jpg

Forgot to post these so these are for me really :cool:

Lacquer went like this...
1423670032658.jpg

1423670048623.jpg

Little orange peel but not bad for a rattle can, I'll cut it out with some polish anyway before its going on.
1423670109537.jpg

1423670122086.jpg

Fogs are rebuilt waiting to go in just need to drill the holes for my quick release bands.
1423670366676.jpg

Then put it all together :cool:

How many cans of primer, base paint and lacquer did this all take? I'm curious :p
Honestly... 2 packs of project sand paper 1 pack of various wet and dry a large tin of bog half a can of resin 4 sachets of hardener...
5 cans of primer 2 cans of base 2 cans of lacquer 500 ml
Patience lots and lots of patience haha

Well its done!
Over a month of days off spent filling sanding filling sanding primer filler primer more sanding more primer wet and dry more filler more sanding more primer wet and dry top coat and lacquer.
This was a home project there are bits I think could of gone better but I'm chuffed no spray booths or compressors in my garage... Just rattle cans and this is what I've achieved.
From this.
1423733922774.jpg

To this ready to be put back on time to give millie her face back.
1423733971490.jpg

1423733984577.jpg

1423733998768.jpg

Millies back!
Yesterday stripped her for rebuild lots of cleaning and making sure she was all good.
1424619616436.jpg

Today I rebuilt her... the way I wanted, some things are not perfect but i'll sort them all in time.
My day started with painting the lower crossmember in fiat broom yellow because thats the colour my strut braces are and it looks a bit mad so why not.
Next with the help of Chloe we made Millie a new loom for her front fogs.
The angle grinder came out to make the new bumper mounts fit.
Needed about 2cms chopping off to clear the gap for the fogs.
Painted them black to match the rest of the front frame.
Finally the time came to mount the front bumper being so careful not to damage the paint.
And well the rest is self explanatory.
Headlights grill snorkel for the k&n attached to grill.
Stood back and took some pics...
1424620552519.jpg

1424620572416.jpg

1424620593161.jpg

1424620615738.jpg

1424620636446.jpg

1424620664372.jpg

I'm biased because shes mine but I love it... ive missed seeing that front end in the work car park...
Those of you who know me closely, know how much this car means to me.

And no I won't be driving it with an intercooler not plumbed in its inspiration for myself, although fixing her up has been hellish expensive, so some saving will be done before we find any turbo related posts from me.
I'd also like to add that the number plate will be attached properly when I figure out where I want it...

Thank you for being supportive if you have been! Myself and Millie appreciate it!

So finally I snapped... I couldn't take the knocking any longer it was driving me mad!
September 2013 I bought some reconditioned driveshafts from our resident k11 doctor @pollyp
And I'm ashamed to say they have been gathering dust in the shed since as it's never been one of my favorite jobs to do.
And Ive put up with the clicking noise ever since... I know criminal right!
So went and bought gear oil 80w as instructed by Haynes.
Cleaned off the dust and cobwebs from the replacements.
Drained the gear box and removed the driveshafts and popped in the new.
Of course I'm missing out the swearing and getting stressed out bit there.
But there finally in so thanks @pollyp I can not not be ashamed of my car in busy car parks or round tight bends :D
1427988102038.jpg

To fill the gear box I used the fill hole instead of the speedo drive so had to make up this dooogiemaflop
1427988177274.jpg

All in all a good day :)

For those into audio works I bought myself a new head unit a few months back.
Welcome to my office :)
1427989043682.jpg

This single din thing is from China so I had my doubts but it's actually really good radio cd mp3 aux usb sd card slot and bluetooth connection to my phone.
Id of loved a double din but I like to keep my heater switches in a location I can reach.

For those into audio works I bought myself a new head unit a few months back.
Welcome to my office :)
View attachment 40789
This single din thing is from China so I had my doubts but it's actually really good radio cd mp3 aux usb sd card slot and bluetooth connection to my phone.
Id of loved a double din but I like to keep my heater switches in a location I can reach.
Love love love it. Could have been oem tbh

Love love love it. Could have been oem tbh
Like I said Max I did have my doubts but it was so easy to fit/setup and now watch mad programs if I should so choose :)
Power and speakers and such is all plug and play with a Sony iso adapter.
Forgot to mention I can get an ariel for it too so I can watch telly. It's got additional ports for rear camera subwoofer audio in, audio out, video in, video out, (was temped to place the old ps2 I have in there haha)

has it been 2yrs since I gave those shafts? those c-clips on the end are a pita to insert eh o_O I fill the groove with grease to help keep the clip right in the centre as I nudge it in till it clicks.

has it been 2yrs since I gave those shafts? those c-clips on the end are a pita to insert eh o_O I fill the groove with grease to help keep the clip right in the centre as I nudge it in till it clicks.
Yep you bought them to Jae2013 where my engine had decided it suddenly didn't like water keeping it cool.
I didn't find them hard to insert I just found holding them up and sliding across till they clicked more tiring! It's amazing just how much they weigh...

Back