• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

1420042613923.jpg

So @Clodo and my father in law managed to do this in a day.
Looks so strange.
Time to start again...

We did our best very hard to source parts new years eve....
Did our best to straighten the front end with my weight and my Pappa Gs weight jumping on the cross member and lots of sledge hammer action and giant grips to pull the rest back out straight ... Not to bad considering how it was this morning x

****. I just saw this. I hope you're alright tom, and nothing that can't be fixed. You'll get it sorted and be back better than ever!! :)

oh geez, u poor lad tom :( hope the chassis rails not too bent.
what a twit, hit n runner van man.
lesson I learnt since my first spun crash was to point & power out of an oversteer/slapper in a fwd, both hands at 9/3 oclock.
takes abit of practice to overcome ur instinct to brake & steer in heat of the moment. tis why I went to a skid training session and goto trackdays to apply theory.

good thing twas a frontal impact than a side impact and that ur alive with us

oh geez, u poor lad tom :( hope the chassis rails not too bent.
what a twit, hit n runner van man.
lesson I learnt since my first spun crash was to point & power out of an oversteer/slapper in a fwd, both hands at 9/3 oclock.
takes abit of practice to overcome ur instinct to brake & steer in heat of the moment. tis why I went to a skid training session and goto trackdays to apply theory.

good thing twas a frontal impact than a side impact and that ur alive with us
Chassis rail looks fine, chloe said after comparing to another k11 the engine mount looks a little off so I will have to get this checked.
He was in the middle of a really icy road it was a case of head on or swerve to avoid...
Missed him hit the left bank and after that I was just a passenger...

Not good, car was looking well, hopefully its not damaged beyond repair and you can start fresh, mabey even try something new?:p

As I said of FB man, if you don't get those bumpers let us know, im sure we'll all have our eyes and ears open for you bud

Not good, car was looking well, hopefully its not damaged beyond repair and you can start fresh, mabey even try something new?:p

As I said of FB man, if you don't get those bumpers let us know, im sure we'll all have our eyes and ears open for you bud
Was... haha leave it with me ill have her fighting fit as soon as the new parts arrive :)
Hmm something new... We will see.
He's not replied on Facebook so will just wait and see...
@SirChris you still have that bumper mate!

poor tree hope it makes it :) i would warn peple from copying my sr,s 6x written off look, its personal.

check for the bent leg frank yelling you, should be fine if.

poor tree hope it makes it :) i would warn peple from copying my sr,s 6x written off look, its personal.

check for the bent leg frank yelling you, should be fine if.
Split it in 2 apparently... woops!
The leg is fine the crossmember and engine support took the brunt force get them replaced and a new bumper mount and we should be golden :)

Yes Im getting another engine mount next week for it however I couldn't fix the bumper mount so if anyone has a driver side bumper mount for preface it would be beyond appreciated x

I have a donor preface, if you need something give me a shout, it would need posted though :)
Funny you should ask I'm trying to source an engine/gearbox under brace for a cg13 as mine has been bent in the crash.

Last edited:
Anyone got super s or sr bumper supports for sale? I've always used standard fit ones... thought I might do something properly for once :cool:

surely you must have seen me post a million times that the preface 1.0 has the k10 derived RS5F41 g/box, and all the others have the later/bigger RS5F30 tom ?
Sorry frank can't say I have... I get lost in part numbers and tech talk...

Sorry to see you had a bump, hope it all fixes up well. Do you reckon you'll be able to get the driving lamps to fit back in with the piping in place? I am thinking of doing the exact same thing to mine.

Sorry to see you had a bump, hope it all fixes up well. Do you reckon you'll be able to get the driving lamps to fit back in with the piping in place? I am thinking of doing the exact same thing to mine.
Thanks Calum were making good progress with everything so far sorted both fogs today so there just ready to plug in going to remake the wiring loom so it's lots neater and only requires 2 spades to be undone instead of 4 and a mess behind.
I've already measured and fully intend on keeping the fogs as the intercooler will be sat further back than the fogs will sit it's going to be tight but will work fine.

Built up the cutouts today using leftover bumper pieces with my friend and MG enthusiast Benni aka the mechanical stig haha.
1420476180646.jpg

Just to get it smoothed and tidied up ready for primer and smoothing as before.
But that's all for tomo :)

So progress for those interested...
1420645663517.jpg

Trying to get the original shape is an arse!
1420645699427.jpg

All smoothed :)
1420645724950.jpg

Nice and straight just need to fill the dimples and air pockets before first application of primer :)
1420645777691.jpg

Can see the light and the end of the tunne!

I love your enthusiasm and how quickly you're getting on with it, I know a lot of people that'd just sit and moan for a month

Good on ya :)

I love your enthusiasm and how quickly you're getting on with it, I know a lot of people that'd just sit and moan for a month

Good on ya :)
No point laying about mate its my daily I need it sorted!
Just waiting for the new front panel to arrive now and then that's it for bits... Will be looking mad again by end of Jan :)

Back