• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project mikey

Yeah I seen on your blog, Looks real nice :)

Did you have to ring him to order them? How long did it take before they arrived?

Yeah I seen on your blog, Looks real nice :)

Did you have to ring him to order them? How long did it take before they arrived?

Yeah I had a back and forth with him over email checking prices etc and gave him a ring after. He's a top bloke, more than willing to generally advise you rather than just try and sell. I ordered them Monday, he shipped them Tuesday and I had them Wednesday ready for the weekend. :)

Yeah I had a back and forth with him over email checking prices etc and gave him a ring after. He's a top bloke, more than willing to generally advise you rather than just try and sell. I ordered them Monday, he shipped them Tuesday and I had them Wednesday ready for the weekend. :)

Yeah everyone says he's a top bloke, Next payday I'll give him an email

How much did they cost... £150?

Would you be able to cut the springs down to 80mm?

Thanks

I think he actually does 80mm lowering springs aswell? Cutting shouldn't be a problem but don't quote me on it as I've never cut lowering springs before. All the prices on the site don't include VAT I think so it ends up at about £190 or so. I paid £315 for the springs an a panhard rod.

Really :D Do you know how £££ they're?

Yeah at first I never wanted to to cut springs but Im having no luck finding coilovers at a suitable price.

I've got my adjustable panhard rod from Frank, I think........ lol

Take a look :D http://humphrisoxford.co.uk/motorsport/rallyparts.pdf
It looks like he only does 80mm springs for the rear :/ Ah well.

I ran cut springs on my other one, the ride was superb... If you're on a track. Day to day it was very VERY uncomfortable. Banged a lot. The HOL springs are firm but comfortable. Feels like I have no roll at all :D

Ohh that's annoying :(

Yeah I bet haha, Im sort of forced out my seat everytime I go round a corner atm :)

Im looking forward to getting the springs though, I might Cut them 10mm though as I want it low low :D

Rims look nice mate remember to have a bit of stretch when you order some tyres as theyre going to stick out a bit. But satin black different? Dunno what thats all about everyone does boring black rims! The bronze is gorgeous :)

Rims look nice mate remember to have a bit of stretch when you order some tyres as theyre going to stick out a bit. But satin black different? Dunno what thats all about everyone does boring black rims! The bronze is gorgeous :)

Yeah will do. Everywhere I look all I see are the bronze rims, I'm going to keep them bronze for japfest and then decide what to do after

Just a little update....

I bought some black and white checked fabric to go round my gaitor and a Number plate bracket but as it fits US plates only, Im going to have to get a new number plate

This is what it turned out like, Im no expert at sewing :)

SPEEDHUNTERS X FATLACE

Just a few random snaps.......

Its just waiting to be slammed with them rota grid's!

Underneath while having its MOT, looks pretty decent to me :)

Having a shower of foam :D

A little Update.....

Me and my cousin both decided to spray the steelies satin black until I got the new wheels, Me personally it looks badass.

Well chuffed with the result all thanks to my cousin :D

Also as it was a nice day Fitted the laguna splitter, Was roughy an easy job but annoying trying to line it all up and screw from underneath.

Job done, Thats one job ticked off the japfest to do list :)

6954187877_f20efc079e_z.jpg

That's cracking!

I'd probably have done something similar with mine at the mo I much prefer the centre caps to full trims - but my studs are too long for the caps to press over the wheel nuts.

6954187877_f20efc079e_z.jpg

That's cracking!

I'd probably have done something similar with mine at the mo I much prefer the centre caps to full trims - but my studs are too long for the caps to press over the wheel nuts.

That's cracking!

Cheers bud, Looks so much better.

I'm even getting people looking at my car lol :)

Mark how low are you on your K11, I need some figures to go by to see how low I want to go

I like white Micras and this one look pretty tidy.

60mm? Slam it. Don't be a whimp ;)

60mm is perfect on 15s.

70-80mm will give you the air ride look, but it'll be undrivable at speed.

Anyway, the Laguna splitter looks bloody awesome. I'm trying to find one for mine, no way am I paying £40 on eBay for a bit of rubber! :D

Thanks guys,

I'll be getting the 60mm springs hopefully next pay day and get the grid V's just before japfest

I'm not sure what tyres will give me the best look, I'm after some stretch but nothing mad :) Maybe 175 on a 15x7?

£40 :eek: I got mine for £15 off a mate lol.... It looks the nut! :D

But yeah it's a very tidy car, it's gets looked after, but it has some minor dings tbough

Thanks guys,

I'll be getting the 60mm springs hopefully next pay day and get the grid V's just before japfest

I'm not sure what tyres will give me the best look, I'm after some stretch but nothing mad :) Maybe 175 on a 15x7?

£40 :eek: I got mine for £15 off a mate lol.... It looks the nut! :D

But yeah it's a very tidy car, it's gets looked after, but it has some minor dings tbough

I had 155's on my Fiesta which were 13x7j and that was a lot of stretch!

175's should look tidy

I had 155's on my Fiesta which were 13x7j and that was a lot of stretch!

175's should look tidy

Yeah with the wheels I'm going for, Alot of stretch will look stupid :)

I'll look on camskill tonight to see what's there, Maybe be falken 452's or Toyo's

Haven't really got an update for you guys,

Just got some RAY wheel nuts from Hoobdub(Good seller) although They need alittle refurb they will look cool with the new wheels haha

That's really it atm, Just saving up for the wheels and springs :)

I though I would do abit of photoshop with Mikey

Its my first time trying this and im actually pleased with it :D

(Told you its my first go lol)

Hopefully what Mikey will look like for japfest, Maybe not as low haha

So pumped for my payslip this Friday, Should be getting my springs this month then wheels/Tyres next month :D

Gave Mikey a clean today, Haven't clean him for a awhile :)

Plus fitted a jap size number plate instead of the original one.... Tell me what you think?

I've also got some good news, Finally invested in some Tein coilovers from C0llis0n so they should be coming soon :D

Then in about 2-3 weeks I'll get the wheels and tyres

probably have to take the splitter off when you get the coilovers, worth it though :D im still yet to wash the Agent since if had it :D

Also jap plate looks so much better on pre facelifts, stupid facelift got a massive "look at me im european" plinth that looks ghay with a jap plate on, top work

Thanks guys,

Harlen thats what I plan on doing till the end of Mikey :D

The Jap plate is growing on me, What do you think of a open mouth grill? Would it work :confused:

Right.. Haven't been on here for some time but since then some big changes have happened to Mikey

Firstly He's be dropped on some Tein coilovers, Bought from someone on here (Forgot his name)

It really does get some WTF looks now :D

With the fronts fitted pulling off my mates driveway the splitter was scraping, Really had second thoughts with the splitter lasting...

Low enough? Im seriously loving the feel of the car aswell, Super solid round corners. :)

Secondly I ordered my wheels, They arrived yesterday and HOLY SH*T their awesome :D

Rota Grid V's - 15x7 - et20 - Bronze

Im going to putting half a tub of wheel sealant on these bad boys, Dont want any scratches do we :D

Here's some trial fitting pic's, Very pleased with the results. Perfect Poke!

Tell me what you guys think?

Omg those wheels are so sexual. i been looking into getting a set of these and painted up midnight purple. Great work Mikey

Usually I do not like non-stock alloys, but yes, those ROTAS are franking awesome !

Back