• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project MicrawR

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Are the rear suspension components actually coilover? Because the majority are spring and damper units (separate parts). Excuse me if that is a stupid question, the amount of people that don't understand the difference is quite high...

The fronts will obviously be coilover, if the rear are to in not sure what you'd do? @h701micra might have a clue or two
The original's were intended for a shock absorber, so no direct load (taken throught the spring)
If it was me I'd have the turrets strengthened to take the load.
Easiest way is a 2/3mm plate welded in the arch, NOT on top inside, to spread the load :)

Sorry I was late to the party :)

The original's were intended for a shock absorber, so no direct load (taken throught the spring)
If it was me I'd have the turrets strengthened to take the load.
Easiest way is a 2/3mm plate welded in the arch, NOT on top inside, to spread the load :)

Sorry I was late to the party :)
someone has a scheme/guide about weldings and chassis reinforcements?

@LondonTownie I'd be very skeptical on the safety side of the top cup design you have going on there, alot of potential for slip and failure, other than that, good work :)
The top cup was the one that was supplied with the coilovers, it's the top mounts that are causing me hassle. I tried ringing Apex and they won't sell just the top mounts separately the pic with the blue cup thing is now gone and I'm using 2x top mounts on each side one acting as a spacer for the cup and the other as the actual mount. The issue being that on the shock itself the thread isn't long enough to use either top mount on its own with the two locating spacers. The way I have it now seems to working fine it's a shame you can't order BC Fronts and Gaz rear shocks I haven't noticed anything wrong with the rears at all though. And I just read what you mean about the rear the rear shock mounts are just to absorb impact and not take weight whereas the spring perch on the axle takes the weight. I'll have an ask around later this week as I need some body work done anyway

h701micra

Deactivated Account
You can get BC fronts and GAZ rears if you wanted. Its knowing who to ask :p
The spherical top mount shouldn't act as a top cup there should be something between to allow the bearing to move freely
I've almost finished my own spherical top mounts along with a matching top cup

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
misleading phoko's :)
top mount is tilting only when steering
he got top spring cup in place,,,,,only no bearing,we were going to use micra top mount and bearing,,would make it look ugly again :)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
A nice shiny alloy top cupwould solve the issue, not a sales plug genuine solution.
Holds the springs as it should and will work with the top mounts properly :) they're active all the time not just cornering :)

A nice shiny alloy top cupwould solve the issue, not a sales plug genuine solution.
Holds the springs as it should and will work with the top mounts properly :) they're active all the time not just cornering :)

If you can come up with a solution H701 i'll be more than happy to purchase some off of you :)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
If you can come up with a solution H701 i'll be more than happy to purchase some off of you :)
The part about not a sales plug was because I already make such things :) my spherical design has only just been finalised too

You have 2.25 springs on the rear, what I recommend K11 owners have on the rear, your description is the perfect reasoning as to why :)

frank

Club Member
When you say make room for the spring, there seems to be plenty of space for I can fit three fingers between the spring and the body and there is the same amount between the wheels too
rob did it to make room for the true coil-over type by the looks , not the coil-aside ones :)

IMG_3781.jpg