• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Project "Charlie"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this information frank
So u make the top of the standard suspension micra on new corsa for the front and on the rear ?
I wait rear view :p
Good job (Y)
for the rear you use the corsa shocks that come with the coilovers and cut the standard micra springs (Y)

side
001-2.jpg

front
002-3.jpg

rear
003-7.jpg

do it well worth the money even if you feel every single bump in the road, but thats worth it if you can go around roundabouts at silly (legal) speeds....
does anyone know of any cars that used wide steels?

You are not likely to find anything with wider than 5.5 in a 13" steel, you might have to buy some wide wellers or something and use them to re-rim the micra centers. Though you could get about an inch by getting some two part wide rims made up like franks, using the wide rear part and corresponding wide front part of two factory rims.

4x108 - Re-drill?

!B-9!-N!EGk~$(KGrHqF,!i0EzNfnmhtzBM-LF46ZI!~~_3.JPG

Pretty cheap, if they were 4x100 they would be three times as much!

There's wellers about in 4x4", I dont suppose they made them with a smaller cb just for the 101.6mm PCD so I guess there might just about be enough. Or maybe just split the weller rims from there spoked centres and use 'em to re-rim the nissan centres (no idea if the sizes match up - got to be worth a punt:p)

There's wellers about in 4x4", I dont suppose they made them with a smaller cb just for the 101.6mm PCD so I guess there might just about be enough. Or maybe just split the weller rims from there spoked centres and use 'em to re-rim the nissan centres (no idea if the sizes match up - got to be worth a punt:p)

There's an idea

Have an other question u use spacer ?
If yes where u find it ?
Have pics of bay motor ?
Thanks !
if you mean the spacer under the topmount mailys ? these corsa shocks had a very long thread on the top (the k11 one in the pic is only about 15mm long) so when we swapped the k11 topmount over there was about 30mm of thread sticking up, and the car was VERY low :eek:
so we cut some 30mm long ally tube spacers and fitted them under the topmounts

Attachments

• SDC11674.JPG
    SDC11674.JPG
    277.3 KB · Views: 876
Where did you file that hole so you get 0º of camber? And where should i file it get 1º?

we just filed a dip in the middle mate, but it gave us a very slight positive camber tbh (i had to wind the trackrods OUT a tad to reset the tracking)
so if you want some negative camber, then lower the slot on the inboard side eh :grinning:

Have an other question u use spacer ?
If yes where u find it ?
Have pics of bay motor ?
Thanks !

tbh i think frank has explained the use of a spacer quite well, if you want i can take a picture on the weekend to show where the spacer is...... also do you want a picture of my engine bay?

we just filed a dip in the middle mate, but it gave us a very slight positive camber tbh (i had to wind the trackrods OUT a tad to reset the tracking)
so if you want some negative camber, then lower the slot on the inboard side eh :grinning:

Its like the Matiz leg, where you can get some positive camber?

So, maybe slot it 2 or 3mm from the center?

tbh i think frank has explained the use of a spacer quite well, if you want i can take a picture on the weekend to show where the spacer is...... also do you want a picture of my engine bay?

More pics would be nice mate. :grinning:

Well I have to do some work on the car over the weekend so I'll try and be snap happy.... gives me a great excuse to play with my new camera

Nice one, and hats off for Frank :grinning:

Where did you file that hole so you get 0º of camber? And where should i file it get 1º?

could you not have filed the bottom hole up a bit, that way it would fit and still have the whole top hole for the camber adjust???

could you not have filed the bottom hole up a bit, that way it would fit and still have the whole top hole for the camber adjust???

yes, but the camber and tracking would need re-checking if disturbed tho eh scott

god damn it i hate being ill..... very productive day sleeping and generally feeling crap grr nothing i wanted to do got done, ah well theres always tomorrow fingers crossed

yes, but the camber and tracking would need re-checking if disturbed tho eh scott

very true frank, but in my experience with my k10 the tracking was pushed out with just lowering anyway as too was camber, so should really be checked anyway.

whats the score witht he rear corsa coilovers then, why dont they fit?

they weren't really coilovers on the rear more uprated shock with separate spring and adjustable cup, the shock does fit with minimal modification but the spring is the wrong shape more of a ball compared to the micra spring

i get a pic up in a minute scott

But if you could get a set with proper coil overs you will be able to fit them and have the height adjustment. But the micra mounts are pretty weak because they are originally only meant to support the shocks. You could strengthen the mounts or you might get away with it if you dont take any weight in the back.

well with regrets this project is going to have to come to an abrupt end due to needing a family car, the car won't be leaving my family though as my sister will be having her off me

well with regrets this project is going to have to come to an abrupt end due to needing a family car, the car won't be leaving my family though as my sister will be having her off me
You decided then? :down:

i don't want to decide.... someone else do it for me please
Keep the micra and deal with it. :p
Less stress changing insurance and sorting out another car. which you will want to do stuff to aswell.
So to save money in these hard times, Keep the Micra. :wasntme:

But if you could get a set with proper coil overs you will be able to fit them and have the height adjustment. But the micra mounts are pretty weak because they are originally only meant to support the shocks. You could strengthen the mounts or you might get away with it if you dont take any weight in the back.

Doesn't Mr humphries run the rally cars with no stregthening in the mounting points? - I'm sure thats what I've read on here before.

Yes, he sells the Spax coilover kit that was rear struts with shock and spring together...

So, this would mean that the "proper" Corsa Coilovers will fit on the rear of the Micra? Didnt Stani got those Spax C/O?

With the almera air box are the 1.4 the same as the 1.6? It's just there are more 1.4's than than anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back