• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

There was a thread about it over on a mini forum and general consensus was its worth spending the bit extra to go the megajolt etc route.

Being dizzy operated it will still suffer from chain stretch etc where as a crank fired system will always be correct.

e manage, and sensor from a fiat or whatever maybe neil ? nistune is probably more comprehensive tho eh

66548.jpg

Hmm... looking at it.. I'm going for this aldon thing.. except i'm far away from running a turbo just yet. It comes after arches, coilovers, bike carbs, inlet, polybush, braided brakes then turbo setup.

Orrrr I could try my ga16de turbo setup and let you know sooner ??

Thought sod it, il use k10 bogg bros mani as noone wanted to buy it

Matches pretty good, so drilled new holes

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369145488.803960.jpg

Gunna file out the bottom corner bits to match up as much as possible, there's quite a bit of meat left on the k10 mani so should get it pretty much bang on

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369145589.519928.jpg

Only thing I'm wondering is, the only part that's not gunna be smooth is the top section where injectors used to go

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369145655.269628.jpg

Can I file these points down to match the manifold better? Make it rounder?
How much metal is there, looks like a bit, but better ask before I dive in

there's quite a bit of metal as you say Pork, mine had been flowed & ported to add a smoother curve, had to do the opposite & take a little off the manifold as well!

Just a thought on the other side of the holes you have drilled can you still get a nut on the head studs ok?

Dont suppose you can remember how much your bogg brothers manifold cost?
Thinking of making my own but if its not bad money I'll have it made instead

Just gave them a call, they asked me to send the carbs I'd be using to them along with the rubbers that were originally used on the bike

Either end of this month or next. Its a case of do I put it back on the road or save it til next month and get more toys for it now?

Think I've just decided now I've put it like that :)

All mounts are welded on mate, all that was needed was the drivers side mount repositioning, and using k10 (or k11 cg10) gearbox, all other mounts stay where they are :)

Jus need to assemble engine and slot in

Good service and carb rebuild :)

I'm fortunate enough to have all the bike carbs/plenum/manifold/turbo from old build, so if your gunna do the swap, you gotta decide if your gonna go carbs or injection

Cheers people! Only got a 1 bed flat (mortgage too)
So gotta occupy my time making as Much space as creativly and physically possible, knowing how fast I work with things, il be baby ready in no time. ;)

Congrats bud.
Were expecting our 3rd. There brilliant when they get to helping out age. Jobs take twice as long ;)

Hopefully I'll have mine built ready to help you get yours built that bit quicker

Welcome to daddyhood and sleepless nights :)

Haha, well saying that, since I've found out, I'm well on my way in remodelling the whole place!!
Just finished ripping up old dog ridden carpets and laying wood floors throughout, started converting loft last year so, ginna finish that too to have more storage.
Gunna work my ass off now, so the last few months before she pops will be as stress free as possible and all work done.
Lucky having a job that finishes by 2-3 most days, so got few hours before she's hone to sort **** out.

Don't worry though, the micra will be completed too, just at a slower pace than normal

So 2 little nuggets of info for you about this aldon amethyst thing.
1. I'd recommend it... but I think they forgot its for a car... its not exactly water resistant. The base map isnt all that brilliant either. And dont plan to go above 14psi... it won't do it
2. They've dropped the price to 150 for now

So 2 little nuggets of info for you about this aldon amethyst thing.
1. I'd recommend it... but I think they forgot its for a car... its not exactly water resistant. The base map isnt all that brilliant either. And dont plan to go above 14psi... it won't do it
2. They've dropped the price to 150 for now
Really? not even 1 bar? No wonder the price has dropped, but if you're happy with it the we're happy. Will be watching how you get on with with great interest

After 1 bar it just doesnt have the capability in its software to go any further.
Thanks.. dont mean to hijack your thread or nothing though neil :D but I thought this would be the best place to let him know

Injection is alot easier but wheres the fun in that :rolleyes:

Not been doing much this weekend apart from agreeing to help transport my mates new project he bought.... Big mistake!
Didn't fit so had to dismantle the front and rear subframes and balance it on my traikor and drive very slowly home.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369602846.437038.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369602864.936571.jpg

Back