• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

Working all day and working on car non stop since Saturday is killing me! So tired, but it's gotta be done.

Been working in engine bay sorting out fueling system with new swirl pot I made, and wiring up O2 sensor and gauge cluster pod better than before
Bloody hell Neil, that is looking 'full on epic!' :cool: All that hard work is paying off ;)

Cheers mate, boss is away so sneaked in the micra to the workshop for the week, beings its pissing down all the time,
Plan is get everything else done in bay, then put all effort into engine rebuild after.
Then by rights, should slot straight in

So started manifold today

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368728490.022890.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368728514.004104.jpg

Free airline fittings ftw!! :D

Made up vacuum/boost manifold for brakes, fuel regulator, BOV, vac advance on dizzy, and there's a flow regulator fitting to calm down erratic boost gauge, then there's 4 lines going to each one off the carbs

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368804196.157800.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368804328.956527.jpg

Also flanges came today, but no gas so can't weld it on

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368804368.307149.jpg

Been reading up then. Me too :D
The metro dizzy can work but its a pain I believe to literally getting it in. Other than it seems straight forward enough
No idea on the renault system but its likely to be fairly simple? As wiring goes anyway

Ive heard of ways to modify existing dizzys... on the turbo mini route? Not perfect but they'll get you going

Legendary link :D
Also pork... an electronic dizzy from say a ga16... would be a perfect cheap option? They are almost the same as those metro turbo dizzys... except japanese and cheaper :) I forgot the ga16 has a vvc action or similar so ignition timing has to change with the cam timing... I think what I wrote is what I meant
Dual vac dizzys do work but they aint worth your time from what I've read

I build mine for 150 quid 6 years ago but since then the price of the parts have gone up now that their in demand. I would have thought that it should be doable for under £200.

Which does sound a lot but once you go mappable ignition you won't go back.

What about an ECU from the very late K10s they have electronic ignition and I read up somewhere that you can fit piggyback ECU's to them.

You had any or know anyone who's played about with these?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368958284.838003.jpg

Aldon amethyst 3d ignition?, £180 new, no need for trigger wheel, runs thru the dizzy, just plumb vac pipe into it

I cant see it being that effective... if it works through the dizzy itself. Then its still limited by what the dizzy can mechanically do.
It cant control mechanical timing either only the vacuum. Just means you get earlier advance through vacuum.... good for high hp na setups but not our turbo projects. Still have to limit our dizzy mechanically somehow

I think I make sense :S

Going on what the website says, you lock the dizzy with what ever advance you want, then with the vac/boost line installed to it, with the preloaded maps, it can retard the ignition whilst on boost, anything up to 1 bar

I cant see it being that effective... if it works through the dizzy itself. Then its still limited by what the dizzy can mechanically do.
It cant control mechanical timing either only the vacuum. Just means you get earlier advance through vacuum.... good for high hp na setups but not our turbo projects. Still have to limit our dizzy mechanically somehow

I think I make sense :S
Actually it may be worth further investigation because if you read the ad it does say that there are 3 versions available, including one for forced induction ;)

Sent by pigeon from t'allotment

Ahh I didnt see that bit :D
Do we know anymore about the forced induction one?
I'm still thinking about that mechanical part of it though :confused:

If you want really cheap and simple then get a spare dizzy and strip it down and have a play, see if it's possible to mod it like in the thread I linked ;)

Sent by pigeon from t'allotment

Back