K10 bike carbs need ideas! :)

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
Well things are going great having the micra back and all, but just the power issue is realy bothering me already yet again!! I want to do bike carbs for a quick power boost, i know the dangers of some due with tunnings and jet's etc but whats the simplest and easy carbs to go for withought doing as much damage but gainin a nice boost at the same time? and what carbs will need jetted? p.s i am defo going for this when i get paid in 2 weeks! so i realy want to know what carb to buy :D Thanks all! :)

THIS is what i made, i used honda cbr600 carbs off of about a 1995 ish bike, didnt rejet them or anything just balanced them, as you can see/hear from the vids it ran quite well too. and the 0-60 time was vastly improved.

a bit of a write up and how to is on my website HERE

hope this helps?

Thanks guys, superls i like the way you have done youre conversion and i think im going to go ahead with that one, few questions though! how do i make that bottle up? or would you happen to have one lieing around, also is the bottle a must? or can i be done withought? cheers

and another quick question, did youre car at standard only rev to 5000 rpm and after the carbs it reved to 7000 rpm?

the bottle i used was just an aluminum drinks bottle that i drilled and tapped and fitted some airline fittings to, i dont think ist a must as the other conversions ive seen dont use one, but i think its the best way of doing it personally, any sealed vessle will do to be honest, i may have it lying arouns still, although i sort of remember using the fittings for something else and throwing the bottle away. ill have a look.

no, standard my car revs upto and past 7K standars and went upto 8 with the carbs on.

hmm thats strange my car, with the super turbo cam will only rev up to 5500 rpm for some reason withought killing it! though it is a crappy rev counter i have and may not be set properly to 8v? lol but if you could find that bottle would like it would make life alot easyer, any idea on a price to get the inlets made up? shouldnt be too expensive i would imagine?

wonder how much he would take for em, ive seen a few on ebay for like £50-£80, manifold shouldnt cost to much to get made up and i get paid on monday so will be on a roll! would you recomend i changed the clutch with this conversion too?

ive never changed the clutch since i got it from you lol so i dont have a clue hehe do you know? yea i would have said 50£ what type of filters do you use on them carbs?

dont pay that much, ive has 2 sets now off ebay for less than £20 each, the first ones were the ones i had fittet, the others are still sat in the shed ready for fitting.

oh and i must have chucked the bottle as i cant find it sorry.

Not sure about the clutch either...tbf i would change it anyway

A standard replacement clutch will do fine though...unless you hit over 120bhp

ahh good stuff superls, are they both working sets? and how much would p&p be? and are the set you had on youres tuned and ready to go or what? yea i might aswell change to the clutch too and i doubt im going to hit 120bhp anyways haha

the first set ( the ones i had fitted) were bought as needing a clean down, they cost me 99p with £9.99 postage. downloaded the motorbike 'haynes' manual which gave full strip down and rebuild instructions, stripped them down lubed up what needed lubing up, cleaned everything with cleaner and put them back to gether, good as new. the other set i bought as working as they came off a running bike (apparently) but i dont know the condition of them as ive not even really looked at them yet as there for a future project, they were a little mor heavy on the old wallet at cant remembere exactly but about £15-8 with postage.

if your doing the clutch get a goos one, i had a cheap pattern one in lasted about 5k miles. had a brand new luk one in now for about 2.5 years and 15-20k miles and still bang on, i can wheel spin in second from a standing start so no slippage there yet. changing it it easy i can do it in about an hour and a half ish, and that was with changing the flywheel for my custom modified ultra light weight one.

p.s. give me a shout if you want a light flywheel.

ok well id like to take the carbs off you that you had running in youre car also ill take that flywheel, how much for them both +p&p cheers mate

i dont have the original carbs, 'whipit' bought them last year, and to my knowledge still has them and they are for sale. pm him.

and its not my flywheel im selling ive done a few now for ppl, im lightening them as an when required, either you send me a flywheel and ill lighten it or i try and suorce one locally and lighten it and send it to you then you send me your old one.

he has the ones i had fitted ran well but to get the full potential would need tuning (as would any) but the price i was quoted by a local tuner didnt seem worth it as they were pretty good as they were, yes he bought them with the manifold. pm him see if he still has them

Back